Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687590 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #8745 on: November 14, 2022, 06:12:31 pm »

Besides the "yucky" factor, any reason not to buy a meta quest 2? The price doesn't make sense it's like mark is acting like a total zuckerdaddy because he wants his metaverse so bad...

Has anybody a concrete TECHNICAL reason not to get one?

You have to buy the connector cable separately, and you'll be forced to make a facebook account (make a throwaway), but otherwise use it. Zuck sells it at a loss so you still get to fuck him over by buying one.

My friend got one a year ago back when it was even cheaper and it's probably the best headset on the market (only the Valve index remotely compares). If you want to enter VR, this is the best place to start.

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: November 14, 2022, 06:45:48 pm »

What makes you think the engineers have any interest in fixing that “problem”? If it breaks you have to buy a new one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: November 14, 2022, 08:07:20 pm »

VR is a technology that is still young and unstable. It needs to get as many early adopters as possible in order to develop a sustainable user-base, and for that you want every advantage you can get.  I know for a fact that the Valve index lost a lot of potential customers due to reviewers raging about having to replace a $1000 headset in sometimes less than a year.

Vr has not yet matured enough to the point where companies can successfully get away with anti-consumerism and the sales figures reflect that. It's just it's been so many years since the companies pushing these headsets were young and agile that as a result leadership has forgotten how run a business without a pre-existing userbase.

Here's a youtube short that that provides a great Steve Jobs quote explaining why big companies age this way (Though there are of course other reasons as well).
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: November 14, 2022, 10:10:20 pm »

God I hate researching those things, anything that isn't in the wiki article, or isn't clear enough, sends me down a path of eating 15 ads, before I get a halfway tolerable information source. The number of shitty and greedy youtube channels I have been browsing, being punished with more ads for every timeskip, trying to catch a glance at the different menus of the different software enviroments... I feel like I'm becoming demented.
let

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: November 14, 2022, 10:31:41 pm »

Guess mandatory Facebook really is a dealbreaker then. If you want to continue your search, perhaps it's time to install an adblocker?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: November 15, 2022, 02:49:13 am »

Adblock is a gift from the gods that saves us from the evils of forced ads!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8751 on: November 15, 2022, 07:20:45 am »

Besides the "yucky" factor, any reason not to buy a meta quest 2? The price doesn't make sense it's like mark is acting like a total zuckerdaddy because he wants his metaverse so bad...

Has anybody a concrete TECHNICAL reason not to get one?

You have to buy the connector cable separately, and you'll be forced to make a facebook account (make a throwaway), but otherwise use it. Zuck sells it at a loss so you still get to fuck him over by buying one.

My friend got one a year ago back when it was even cheaper and it's probably the best headset on the market (only the Valve index remotely compares). If you want to enter VR, this is the best place to start.

Should I also be using this trick for my headphone and mobile charger woes?
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: November 15, 2022, 11:58:36 am »

Yes
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: November 19, 2022, 07:31:53 am »

bah
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:52:04 am by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: November 19, 2022, 07:55:37 am »

Update to my dice rolling nonsense: I watched a video that explains the math behind rolling two d20's with advantage, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the conclusion:

https://youtu.be/X_DdGRjtwAo

Basically, I intuitively assumed that the average of two d20's rolled with advantage would be something like a +5 bonus, or a 15.5 average. Turns out it is something like 13.8, or a +3.3 bonus. That blows my mind.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: November 22, 2022, 11:47:01 pm »

How to cope with debilitating existential dread?

Asking for a friend.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: November 22, 2022, 11:47:28 pm »

Have you tried ice cream?
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: November 22, 2022, 11:49:25 pm »

Have you tried ice cream?

Yes, but it only ever numbs the pain for the duration. And I- I mean he can't eat ice cream indefinitely.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #8758 on: November 22, 2022, 11:51:42 pm »

Okay, and how would you describe the nature of your friend's existential dread?
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8759 on: November 22, 2022, 11:53:55 pm »

He says he isn't sure. He is going to get more ice cream.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 637