Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687442 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #8475 on: August 24, 2022, 07:08:41 pm »

Anyone else had their youtube suggested videos suddenly change, like... a lot? In the last day or so.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: August 24, 2022, 07:48:44 pm »

Word for forming beginning with W?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: August 25, 2022, 03:49:38 am »

Working\worked, as in to work with a material?
This is a blank sig.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: August 25, 2022, 09:02:20 am »

Anyone else had their youtube suggested videos suddenly change, like... a lot? In the last day or so.

I actually have. It is very aggressively recommending music to me lately.

Waxing or widening.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: August 25, 2022, 09:04:23 am »

Also wrought, depending on your desired definition of "forming"

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8480 on: August 25, 2022, 04:14:58 pm »

I actually have. It is very aggressively recommending music to me lately.
More or less the same, yeah. Was that the music suggestions were fairly uncommon, but whenever I made that post it had suddenly shifted to almost wall to wall music-y things with a smattering of random junk I hadn't been seeing and have zero interest in, instead of the usual melange of what I normally watch (smaller/indie gaming stuff, mostly).
Ask not!
Ask!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8481 on: August 25, 2022, 07:45:18 pm »

tbh I use youtube to listen to like 90% of my music so I can neither confirm nor deny there's more music recommends.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8482 on: August 26, 2022, 10:31:15 am »

The order doesn't matter as long as you understand what the symbols are doing to the numbers. Otherwise it's better to do them left to right.

5-2+3: you don't do 2+3 to get 5, making it 5-5. It's actually 5 + (-2) + 3. Once you have it like this, the order doesn't matter because it's all addition.

Same goes for multiplication and division. 5/2*3 is actually 5 * (1/2) * 3, not 5 / (2*3)

Well, if you convert it to all addition and multiplication left-to-right order doesn't matter, but looking at it linguistically "5/2*3" parses having the result of / being an argument to *.

It practical settings where you're computing the result of an expression (computer programming) you would expect most binary operators to have both precedence and left/right associativity. Simple arithmetic operators are generally assumed to be left-associative (evaluated left-to-right when of equal precedence) but other binary operators are typically defined as right-associative. A non-programming example is function composition, e.g. hgf is right-associative and evaluated right-to-left.

For composition left-to-right order doesn't matter, because it is associative. (h o g) o f = h o (g o f).

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8483 on: August 27, 2022, 07:20:00 am »

Any educated guesses as to wether adding 10-25% ethanol should increase the shelf life of propylenglycol? Elaborate your reasoning please, I can't find anything on it.
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8484 on: August 27, 2022, 03:23:29 pm »

Apparently propylene glycol degrades mainly by oxidation, so adding alcohol as a competitor for oxidation seems like it could well help.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8485 on: August 27, 2022, 05:46:50 pm »

Interesting perspective! When alcohol oxidates, does it become water? Or will it just be "rustier" alcohol  ;D? I'm pretty sure I heard once that pure ethanol will allways turn like 98% as soon as it touches air.
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8486 on: August 27, 2022, 06:48:28 pm »

I think it will go to ethanal or vinegar. The same thing happens in organisms.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8487 on: August 27, 2022, 09:42:08 pm »

I think it will go to ethanal or vinegar. The same thing happens in organisms.

I read that very wrong at first.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8488 on: August 29, 2022, 03:52:56 pm »

I'm going to point out that I'm genuinely asking here, not doing the "I'm just asking questions bro" thing that so many XYZ-phobes do, just so people are aware I'm asking in good faith.

Why is demisexuality considered a sexuality akin to the whole LGBTQ+ grouping? It honestly comes across to me less like a sexuality and more like a preference, or just a sort of way your sexuality works as opposed to a sexuality in and as of itself.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8489 on: August 29, 2022, 04:33:19 pm »

I mean, if aro/ace stuff fits (and it's certainly lumped in with the rest of the non-cis pile) then something adjacent to it should to, yeah? It's only a small step from one or the other of those. Near as I can tell from a quick reminder it's pretty distinct from the common cis-het sexuality patterns, so... into the pile it goes.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 04:34:51 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 564 565 [566] 567 568 ... 637