Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687725 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #8220 on: May 28, 2022, 04:34:09 pm »

Which one of y'all would be a good villain and why?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: May 29, 2022, 03:56:27 am »

I used to be in a chat server with random conversational questions, one of which was "You're the world's greatest criminal mastermind. What crime would you commit if you knew you could get away with it?"

My answer was, and still is, to steal the Eiffel tower and replace it with an almost-exact replica that's 7 inches shorter. Then cackle over the Wikipedia page being incorrect.

...so I think I've got a pretty decent shot at the title.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: May 29, 2022, 07:38:39 am »

The villain paradox: if you are the worst villain, that makes you the best villain. Which makes you the worst villain.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: May 30, 2022, 01:58:25 am »

Obviously I am as I steel all the toilet paper from gas station bathrooms!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: May 30, 2022, 02:46:55 am »

Watched a vampire movie last night, and it got me thinking...

So, if a building is inhabited, a vampire needs to receive an invitation in order to cross the threshold, yes? But since vampires can presumably cross over to-be-developed terrain before a house is built on it, at what point does the obstruction begin? And how long does an invitation last?

If obstruction begins upon point of habitation, can a vampire who normally used to path through an abandoned building suddenly find themselves stopped at the doorway, thanks to a random squatter showing up and making themselves at home?

Does an invitation last only as long as the person who offered the invitation, or is that area now "free space"? If it doesn't reset at some point, a vampire could potentially just haunt the same house(s) for generations after getting permission to enter from some fool way in the past.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: May 30, 2022, 02:58:13 am »

The recent (last few years) Dracula mini-series on the Beeb explained it away some of the cliche vampire deterrents pretty well I thought.

Might just be a similar kind of thing regarding thoughts on other bits.

Though I think Lost Boys (I think it was that) have a little twist on that, in that the suspected vampire goes out of his way to manipulate an invite into the home of the boys and is this made immune to minor vampire deterrents like garlic and crosses.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: May 30, 2022, 12:27:38 pm »

metal plating bathroom toilet paper is a weird flex, but it's definitely in line with old school supervillainy, so...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: May 30, 2022, 12:30:45 pm »

If you think that's a weird flex you haven't tried wiping with it yet.
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: May 30, 2022, 05:21:59 pm »

The Dresden Files have an interesting take on the threshold-thing. It's not the building that's important, it's the belief (subconscious or otherwise) of the person who dwells there. It's their home; it is safe; it is inviolate. The effect is magnified if there is a family living there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: May 31, 2022, 01:15:56 am »

metal plating bathroom toilet paper is a weird flex, but it's definitely in line with old school supervillainy, so...
I'm glad no one has realized that steel is expensive and that I've been replacing it with aluminum foil instead....
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: June 01, 2022, 07:06:53 am »

Do you recall ever having a dream with the feeling of rage/anger?

My theory is that anger is a motivating emotion and is thus absent from dreams because we have no inhibitions in dreams.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: June 01, 2022, 07:23:09 am »

I've had dreams where I came out of them staggeringly pissed off, yes, if quite rarely. Dreams for me are mostly pleasant things, though, so it's rare in general that I feel nasty shit in them (I do not like being angry, even a little, so it definitely would count).

I can't really think of any emotional state I haven't experienced in a dream, thinking on it. It's run the gamut at one point or another, for better or worse.

I definitely have memory of feeling the same sort of thing as when dealing with inhibitions, though, so I'd hard disagree we have no inhibitions in dreams. It's possible to have a dream like that, but it's not a guaranteed thing. You're going to be hard pressed to find many absolutely always there components beyond the very bare bones to a process that varies as much as it does between individuals.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: June 01, 2022, 08:01:09 am »

Do you recall ever having a dream with the feeling of rage/anger?

My theory is that anger is a motivating emotion and is thus absent from dreams because we have no inhibitions in dreams.
Interesting theory. Personally I can't recall being angry in a dream. My dream emotions vary between being terrified, elated, interested or neutral.

Then again, I rarely get angry irl either.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: June 01, 2022, 08:23:22 am »

Some of the strongest rage I've felt in recent memory comes from realizing that I'm in yet another fucking high school dream, stressing me out when I should be relaxing and dragging me back to a dark time I should be done with.

Sure, punching out the window and waking myself up might not be the most reasonable reaction to becoming lucid, but it's what I've got.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 08:25:02 am by Egan_BW »
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 637