Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687380 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #5820 on: May 05, 2020, 09:05:01 am »

Soldering irons solder, like, metal. Among other things. Yes, they'll cauterize flesh. You have to be pretty careful when using them or you can hurt yourself fairly badly.

We're joking about burning through a portion of our brains by jamming a soldering iron through the side. I'm not sure "be pretty careful", or even "be any amount careful at all", fits with that.
i must of missed this, why would people want to essentially cook their brains? It sounds dangerous and lethal, which I guess is the joke. Jokes can get very odd very quickly

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: May 05, 2020, 09:21:09 am »

Soldering irons solder, like, metal. Among other things. Yes, they'll cauterize flesh.

But they don't melt normal metals, right? Only solder. Ok, fine, gallium too.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: May 05, 2020, 09:41:34 am »

Is there a way to search for whether posts you made were signed by people? Or do I just look at sigs?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: May 05, 2020, 09:43:00 am »

I don't thing the search function works for sigs, I think your gonna be stuck looking for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi
« Reply #5824 on: May 05, 2020, 09:45:32 am »

Thanks. Another random question

Have any of you ever had dreams of things you thought happened, only to wake up and find that those things didn’t happen?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: May 05, 2020, 10:17:26 am »

Well, that's exactly what a dream is, right?

Joking aside, yes, I've often woken up in the morning, gotten up, got dressed etc. only to suddenly wake up.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: May 05, 2020, 11:39:01 am »

Soldering irons solder, like, metal. Among other things. Yes, they'll cauterize flesh.

Used to be you could get an 400-degree soldering iron that could melt anything. Then those annoying environmental and health & safety folk made a huge fuss about all these lead fumes leaking into the air and giving people bone cancer or something, gawd, and so now all the solder is some hard-ass tin concoction which you need like 900 degrees to melt.

Even a 400-degree iron will happily burn whatever organic material you'd like, if contact is extended, so if you wanna smoke out your inconvenient brain circuitry you go right ahead.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: May 05, 2020, 11:49:00 am »

Used to be you could get an 400-degree soldering iron that could melt anything. Then those annoying environmental and health & safety folk made a huge fuss about all these lead fumes leaking into the air and giving people bone cancer or something, gawd, and so now all the solder is some hard-ass tin concoction which you need like 900 degrees to melt.

Even a 400-degree iron will happily burn whatever organic material you'd like, if contact is extended, so if you wanna smoke out your inconvenient brain circuitry you go right ahead.
Well, poisoning the air seems like a thing that should be stopped

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: May 05, 2020, 12:59:48 pm »

Soldering irons solder, like, metal. Among other things. Yes, they'll cauterize flesh. You have to be pretty careful when using them or you can hurt yourself fairly badly.

We're joking about burning through a portion of our brains by jamming a soldering iron through the side. I'm not sure "be pretty careful", or even "be any amount careful at all", fits with that.
i must of missed this, why would people want to essentially cook their brains? It sounds dangerous and lethal, which I guess is the joke. Jokes can get very odd very quickly

To get rid of the part of the brain that causes pain and muscle cramps when I worry, and also the part that makes me always worry.

Have any of you ever had dreams of things you thought happened, only to wake up and find that those things didn’t happen?

Have you...been having dreams that made things happen in the real world?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: May 05, 2020, 01:08:11 pm »

No, did I word that wrong? I mean I’ve been having dreams like reading new posts in the forums and when I wake up the posts aren’t there

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: May 05, 2020, 01:41:43 pm »

That would be the stealth joke, yes. As opposed to the less stealthy one about the inefficiency of soldering irons for cauterization.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: May 05, 2020, 02:27:34 pm »

To get rid of the part of the brain that causes pain and muscle cramps when I worry, and also the part that makes me always worry.

Do you mean "is NG prophetic" or something like "is NG a reality warper" or something like "is NG going on murderous rampages in her sleep"?

I assume NG is a she, given the username.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: May 05, 2020, 02:51:30 pm »

Do you mean "is NG prophetic" or something like "is NG a reality warper" or something like "is NG going on murderous rampages in her sleep"?

I assume NG is a she, given the username.
no no no yes
Now that the clarifications are out of the way, sometimes I have dreams about specific conversations that end up happening later, or I start talking and think did I dream this before? however that happens too rarely to be prophetic

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: May 05, 2020, 03:01:17 pm »

That would be the stealth joke, yes. As opposed to the less stealthy one about the inefficiency of soldering irons for cauterization.

And also that I needed to borrow one, instead of borrowing something that would work properly.

I've played Alpha Centauri. I know how nerve stapling is supposed to work.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: May 06, 2020, 04:01:02 am »

What are the "cards" called that are sometimes displayed after a TV show, usually just tucked in for a brief moment either before or after the credits and usually displaying stuff about the makers/producers of the show, sometimes with details, jokes and/or running gags that vary between episodes?   

I was sure I used to know this - I thought it was something like a "title card" but that apparently means something different. I guess this is a variation of those (usually) animated logo-type things one generally sees attached by film studios to the beginning of their films, which is incidentally something else I would like to know the proper word for.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 637