Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687731 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #3750 on: May 28, 2017, 03:56:09 pm »

What happened in Supernatural after that whole Darkness thing was finished? The one where God's sister tries to destroy everything.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: May 28, 2017, 03:57:11 pm »

What happened in Supernatural after that whole Darkness thing was finished? The one where God's sister tries to destroy everything.

Nothing.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: May 28, 2017, 05:42:53 pm »

Nothing.
Can you elaborate?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: May 28, 2017, 09:45:04 pm »

Nothing.
Can you elaborate?

If I remember correctly... They convince her not to be so evil... so she turns good and the status quo is maintained.

Or do you want more details? Like EXACTLY what happens?

What I meant by Nothing is that it LOOKED like some huge event! but it really didn't amount to much.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: May 29, 2017, 05:26:19 am »

I'm still only a few episodes into the new season, but I have to disagree about the end of that one.  The villain got "defeated", of course,but the world fundamentally changed...

How are the angels going to react (particularly after they gave up)?  How's Hell going to react?  Crowley, the witch, Castiel...  The reaper who helped...  I really thought they were building up to an ending, but the situation's fundamentally changed.  I kinda want these new villains to get out of the way so the main characters can explore that.  But even the villains are fundamentally different.  We've had overzealous hunters before, but these antagonists are basically Lawful Good.  They're organized, effective, and kinda right about the Winchesters fucking everything up repeatedly.  They're also foreign which is an interesting twist.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: May 29, 2017, 07:47:38 pm »

Nothing.
Can you elaborate?

If I remember correctly... They convince her not to be so evil... so she turns good and the status quo is maintained.

Or do you want more details? Like EXACTLY what happens?

What I meant by Nothing is that it LOOKED like some huge event! but it really didn't amount to much.
I'm asking about what happens in the later seasons.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: May 30, 2017, 01:34:17 am »

What do people use the Insert button/function for? I've only ever experienced it as an inconvenience when I accidentally turn it on.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: May 30, 2017, 10:29:06 am »

What do people use the Insert button/function for? I've only ever experienced it as an inconvenience when I accidentally turn it on.
For when a game occasionally uses it as a scroll button.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: May 30, 2017, 04:16:41 pm »

I've occasionally used it to make corrections to book keeping/accounting/database material, iirc. Very rarely (it would be single digits in terms of incidents, over every time I've tooled around with that sort of thing in the last decade and a half or so), but sometimes it's faster than clearing out or starting from an empty cell or whatever.

Takes a lot for it to happen, though, since not only do I have to remember it exists, its efficiency also has to beat out muscle memory delete/start over in terms of speed and effort. But every once in a long while, the insert function saves me like a whole five or six seconds of effort or something. Want to say a time or two was more because whatever was getting information stuck in it/fixed had shit UI than anything, rendering more normal means of doing its duty less effective. Some obscure irregular window (as opposed to all the non-obscure inconsistent bits of UI shotgunned throughout the program) in quickbooks or some crap like that.

Now, scroll lock? I still can't manage to remember what that does. I've never intentionally used whatever it's there for, and the time or two I accidentally pressed it, as near as I could tell there was no effect. So long as that thing's there, insert shall forever be the second most useless button on the keyboard.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 04:20:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: June 01, 2017, 02:05:58 pm »

Why is it that pigs and boars evolved flat snouts which are good for their survival, but when a dog has a flat snout it's unhealthy?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: June 01, 2017, 02:09:30 pm »

One reached it by evolution, the other by inbreeding, basically, far as I'm aware. Turns out slipshod genetic engineering via relatively short-term eugenics has consequences unforseen, at times :V

You probably could have a healthy canine species with a flat nose, it's just the ones we have weren't exactly implemented well.
Ask not!
Ask!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: June 01, 2017, 02:29:11 pm »

I'd imagine pigs and boars evolved flat snouts over a much larger time span than dog breeds, allowing them to also evolve other traits that make having a flat snout not as dangerous, whereas artificial breeding just caused dogs to have a flat snout without any of the other traits that make that feasible. I'm just guessing though, I really don't know much about dog breeding and even less about pigs.

There's plenty of dog breeds that have problems due to traits that were intentionally bred into them. Most toy dog breeds can't give natural birth or they'd shatter their pelvis, IIRC.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: June 01, 2017, 03:19:35 pm »

Nah, you've more or less got it. We bred up a lot of different breeds but we kinda' didn't actually know what the hell we were doing, and doing it on a time scale that makes evolutionary processes basically sit in a corner and cry, with the tears spreading across the floor the results. Unfortunately, and from what we know now completely unsurprisingly, for a lot of the poor mutts it shows pretty hard.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 03:22:43 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: June 01, 2017, 05:03:13 pm »

I think part of the problem is people thinking in the first places that dogs have distinct "breeds" and its not just an arbitrary set of traits. they think to much like their a distinct species and not just members of one with a very specific set of genetic traits.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 637