Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687383 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #3210 on: January 07, 2017, 02:00:09 pm »

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but here it is. I want to make "What's the worst game(s) you have ever played" type of thread, but it's only about sequels. The problem is, I'm afraid that the thread will generate too much "heat", and it will be locked by Toady, just like "Things that made you rage" thread. Shall I risk or abandon the idea? Something tells me that I should. After all, there were threads about personal "Worst game(s) ever" in the past.

I seriously don't expect much rage...

No Mans Sky and Starbound which are generally hated more for their developer then being bad themselves... Are not sequels... and those are just about the only games that can get threads locked (and mostly because of the irrational haters and irrational defenders rather then the majority of the people there)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: January 07, 2017, 02:02:05 pm »

Why was "Schtroumpfs" translated into "Smurfs"? It does sound roughly similar, but the name just doesn't feel the same if it's not written in an overly long way.

Because how can they really elongate it anymore in English?

Shmourphs... Does that look pleasing? :P

While Schtroumpfs is a humorous word.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: January 07, 2017, 02:44:35 pm »

Smurfs was probably the easiest for English-speaking people to say, out of whatever ideas they had.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: January 07, 2017, 04:21:25 pm »

There's a gaming pet peeves thread if you're irritated by a game.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: January 07, 2017, 04:29:43 pm »

There's a gaming pet peeves thread if you're irritated by a game.

I thought "Gaming Pet Peeves" thread is mostly about certain mechanics/tropes used in the vidya gaems, not actual vidya gaems. After all, there were quite a few "Worst games you ever played" types of thread in "Other Games" forum.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: January 09, 2017, 01:27:35 am »

Why is it if I am up late enough... I get incredibly cold?

and I don't mean "Well duh, the house is colder"... I mean... for some reason I am just... colder in general sometimes... even when I am warm.

This used to happen when I was a lot younger if I didn't get enough sleep or had a rude awakening... I was just freezing and couldn't get warm... It felt horrible...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: January 09, 2017, 02:49:38 am »

To oversimplify a bit, it's because your body temperature drops with evening and rises with morning.

It is well known that the setpoint of the thermoregulatory system is not constant throughout the day; it undergoes a characteristic circadian modulation driven by the circadian pacemaker in the suprachiasmatic nuclei (Kittrell 1991). Given this temporal program, how is this translated into a certain temperature at a certain time of day? CBT results from the balance between heat production and heat loss. Aschoff could show that CBT declines when heat loss exceeds heat production in the evening (at the beginning of the sleep period), and vice versa in the morning (Aschoff and Heise 1972). We could confirm this finding under the reduced masking conditions of a CR protocol (continuous wakefulness for 34 h; Kräuchi et al. 1998). CBT showed the well known endogenous circadian rhythm, rising to a peak in the late afternoon with a trough during the second half of the night.

If you follow the link, there's more information than you could possibly want.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: January 09, 2017, 08:54:35 am »

When and why did games start calling their single-player part "campaign mode"?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: January 09, 2017, 10:11:05 am »

For which genre? RTS has always had campaigns.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: January 09, 2017, 02:01:48 pm »

Probably in reference to "military campaign", as opposed to arcade fights.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: January 12, 2017, 11:42:03 am »

My N64 controllers have seen better days, and those damn joysticks are near worn out. Is there anyone still selling new controllers? Perferably a more modern and structurally sound build, that's compatible with the N64?

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: January 12, 2017, 11:45:52 am »

Some links:
Amazon
DKoldies
Lukie Games
Ebay
Gamestop
Walmart

An article about a bluetooth controller, but I think it's only for emulators:
Gizmodo
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:48:05 am by ☼Another☼ »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: January 12, 2017, 04:01:24 pm »

Ok sometimes this happens but when I full screen on youtube I can still see my task bar at the bottom...

It only seems to fix when I reset... is there another way?

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: January 12, 2017, 04:20:46 pm »

It fixes when I click on the video, or when I alt+tab onto it. Where you switching virtual desktops to cause this? Do you know how this happened?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: January 12, 2017, 05:05:57 pm »

It fixes when I click on the video, or when I alt+tab onto it. Where you switching virtual desktops to cause this? Do you know how this happened?

it doesn't fix it... and oddly enough it is all internet videos even on different types of browsers.

I don't know what triggers it... only that resetting my computer fixes it fine... but my computer takes a long time to reset so I want to know if there is aniother solution.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 637