Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687541 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #2355 on: May 02, 2016, 07:24:11 pm »

@Ant: I can't recall one off the top of my head. You might be able to do something with find and replace, though.

^ *? should work with regex, methinks. That matches all spaces from the start of the line to the first non-space.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: May 03, 2016, 02:08:16 am »

In a python IDE, you should be able to indent multiple lines with Tab and unindent them with Shift+Tab. Elsewhere, I dunno.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: May 03, 2016, 07:14:00 am »

In a python IDE, you should be able to indent multiple lines with Tab and unindent them with Shift+Tab. Elsewhere, I dunno.

Yay, this works great.

Thanks!
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: May 03, 2016, 10:39:39 pm »

Okay, so. Blogs. Tumblr, blogspot, etc., etc., etc. Anyone know of a workable way to change their background etc. on an android device? Preferably without logging in to anything in particular, and hopefully that's compatible with Opera (though that's entirely negotiable at this point. I don't mind using a separate browser for that stuff). It. It's getting rather painful trying to read some of these things, when a disgusting amount goes with bright, apparently unchangeable, themes in what appears to be a deliberate "fuck you" to anyone reading at night. If there's a way to fix that that doesn't involve downloading the entire site and converting all the text to an epub or something, it. It'd be great.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: May 10, 2016, 03:53:45 pm »

So it's quarter to seven in the morning, I've been up all night, and have spent several hours browsing through Steam games.
I think it's time to blow some money, but not too much money- I have things I need to spend money on before I'm due to receive more money. So I have a few games kinda shortlisted, mostly RPGs and such since that's what I'm feeling most in the mood for right now (even though I've wishlist'd a bunch of excellent-looking adventure and action games as well).

Which should I buy: Underrail, Chroma Squad, Startopia, Sheltered, Punch Club or Stardew Valley?
Or should I take option G and sleep on it?
I am pretty sleepy...

Edit: Oh, I forgot The Age of Decadence. That should be an option, too.

Edit #2: I feel like maybe I should add Rimworld to the list, even though I'm not entirely sure what it is and hadn't really looked at it until just now.
...Hand on, it's rather pricey. I won't be buying that right now. Disregard!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:59:25 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: May 10, 2016, 04:59:32 pm »

So it's quarter to seven in the morning, I've been up all night, and have spent several hours browsing through Steam games.
I think it's time to blow some money, but not too much money- I have things I need to spend money on before I'm due to receive more money. So I have a few games kinda shortlisted, mostly RPGs and such since that's what I'm feeling most in the mood for right now (even though I've wishlist'd a bunch of excellent-looking adventure and action games as well).

Which should I buy: Underrail, Chroma Squad, Startopia, Sheltered, Punch Club or Stardew Valley?
I am pretty sleepy...

Chroma Squad is pretty awesome.  Its kinda like Power Rangers meets X-Com, with tacticool turn-based combat.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: May 10, 2016, 05:29:02 pm »

I've been trying to locate a beloved toy for a while now, and I have no idea what it'd even be called.

The main piece is a bunch of big plastic puzzle pieces with slots on them. They were painted to look like a warzone and came with accessories like barbed wire, little toy soldiers, etc. Once you'd assembled the board, you'd place a vehicle on to the rails. I remember the set that I had came with a jeep, but there were little expansion sets that had tanks and planes and other vehicles. The vehicle would go on its own around the track, with... batteries I think? It definitely wasn't wind-up but I don't remember ever having to change the battery. It was great fun and you could make the vehicles crash and knock over the soldiers and build different kinds of tracks.

Can anybody tell me what this type of play set might be called? Maybe even help me find the specific one?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: May 10, 2016, 05:32:23 pm »

Sounds like some kind of slotcar track? I'm not an expert, though.

I am pretty sleepy...

Chroma Squad is pretty awesome.  Its kinda like Power Rangers meets X-Com, with tacticool turn-based combat.
I know, right? I'm glad I spotted it in the Steam store, it's like everything I was looking for in a game genre-wise with a big load of the delicious, brightly-costumed cheese I so love dumped on top. If no-one else decides to chime in I will probably go with that, although Sheltered is also very tempting...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: May 12, 2016, 02:38:46 am »

why do people desire to have children

by that i suppose i mean what excuse do they use to justify succumbing to their genetic programming

because i cannot comprehend that decision

apologies i get morbid this late at night
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: May 12, 2016, 03:27:45 am »

In an emotionally detached respect, I'd have children in order to pass on my genes and hence achieve the exceedingly limited form of immortality which is open to me.

In a less detached respect, I'd probably love the hell out of them.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: May 12, 2016, 03:31:40 am »

Hello 4:25AM here (long game of Vampire the Requiem)
I mean, it makes about as much sense as anything humans do?  We literally do things not because they are easy, but because they are hard.  They only have whatever importance we arbitrarily assign them.  That doesn't mean they aren't important, just that it's arbitrary.

Plus it's a measure of "immortality" which is pretty attractive I guess.  Same reason people create lasting works of art, like books or video games (or sculptures I guess).

That said, I feel like it's pretty selfish considering world overpopulation.  My plan is still to donate and adopt.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: May 12, 2016, 07:10:54 am »

Some stuff I'm working with next week is highly flammable and I need to do a risk assessment. One part of it is how to deal with spills.

Anyone got any clues as to how to do it safely? It doesn't seem safe getting some paper roll and wiping it up then tossing it into a bin.

Is dumping it down the sink an option? Mop it, then strain the mop down the drain?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: May 12, 2016, 07:18:04 am »

Info from here: http://ehs.research.uiowa.edu/spill-response-guide-flammable-or-combustible-liquids

Quickly, dike or soak up the spilled liquid; cover with a sheet of plastic or plastic-backed absorbent pad to suppress vapor if absorbent is not immediately/readily available.
Spill pillows, pads, or a general absorbent material may be used but do not reduce vapors.
Use a solvent spill absorbent such as Spill-X-S, Solusorb, or activated charcoal for materials with a low flash point since they can reduce vapor as well as absorb the spill; however, excess absorbent may be needed to significantly reduce the flash point. Refer to the absorbent manufacturer’s spill treatment information. (Keep this information available in the spill kit).
Use non-sparking tools (plastic scoop, shovel, dustpan) to:
Mix the absorbent with the spilled material until it appears dry and free flowing.
Place the cleanup material into a plastic or glass container with a sealable lid.
Label spill cleanup materials for collection by EHS.
Thoroughly ventilate the area after the cleanup.
Clean the area with detergent and water after the spill cleanup.
NEVER use a vacuum cleaner or Shop-Vac to clean up flammable material spills or debris because contact with the motor could start a fire.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: May 14, 2016, 11:40:10 am »

Are there any let's plays of Sonic 2006 from shortly after it was released? I want to experience people's disappointment when they're not expecting it.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2369 on: May 14, 2016, 08:31:07 pm »

Just recently got my hair cut, and I remember hearing about how after getting a hair cut, my mood improves. I wonder what's behind all that? How does having shorter hair affect my mood?
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 637