Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687610 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile

Platypuses are real, right? This isn't some elaborate hoax that I'm not in on, right?
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile

Like, are you sure? Have you ever seen one?
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Like, are you sure? Have you ever seen one?
I have :D And they are cute and poisonous creatures. So nice!
And they're really awesome to learn about! :) They aren't made-up creatures (or purely mythological creatures for that matter)

how drunk are you
Dude doesn't seem drunk. Just silly. :P

Query: Can...someone generally explain Snow?
Honest question here. We don't experience snow at all. :-\ [and many people in my country love the idea]

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

how drunk are you
Dude doesn't seem drunk. Just silly. :P
I was also being silly.

Query: Can...someone generally explain Snow?
Honest question here. We don't experience snow at all. :-\ [and many people in my country love the idea]
Have you ever had a desert where ice is crushed into a powder, and a flavored syrup is added? Imagine ice crushed even finer than that, and you're close to snow.
At least, that's how I would describe it from the handful of times I've seen it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile

how drunk are you
Just sleepy. Which is pretty much the same thing.

Snow is basically frozen rain. Bunch of ice crystals form up in the clouds, then clump up and float to the ground. Makes a nice white layer over the ground.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

It's pretty cold. And kinda wet.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I tend to aim for 16 C if Im on my own. When with my family, we end up at 18-19. When Im with my flatmates, the whole flat is heated from other flats to over 20C, so I just open my window from time to time.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

It's pretty cold. And kinda wet.

And sparkly. Then slushy. Then brown and dirty. Then gone.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Snow is basically frozen rain. Bunch of ice crystals form up in the clouds, then clump up and float to the ground. Makes a nice white layer over the ground.
Naah, frozen rain == hail, which is much less nice.

Imagine everything covered by a layer of icing sugar: The roofs, the trees, the sidewalks, the cars... Not the roads though, as long as the local government is doing its job and is keeping the streets clean. And imagine you're wearing lots of clothing: A cap, a scarf, big warm boots, a nice warm coat, etc etc.
And imagine that icing sugar turning into water as soon as it is heated slightly, leading to many a cold wet foot. That's snow, or at least my impression of snow.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

And sparkly. Then slushy. Then brown and dirty. Then gone.
Aah, nothing beats the thawing out of weeks-old dogshit after a snowy bit of weather.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, snow, snow is so cool. (hur). At first it doesn't seem like water, it can be super light and fluffy or really dense, like wet sand dense, depending on the type of snow. It's obviously cold, not initially wet but your body temperature will generally start to melt it pretty quickly. The sound of it crunchy under your boot is a wholly unique sound, and oddly satisfying. The denser snow can be packed in to even denser balls and shapes, so you can make sculptures. This is the type of snow you use to make snowmen (which never ever look as nice as the media portrays them haha). It mutes sound a bit, and when you're in the middle of a heavy snowfall, it's an amazingly beautiful and peaceful experience.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Yeah, the crunching sound is awesome.

One more thing about snow and trees: When there's snow, the trees tend to not have leaves anymore, so the snow settles on the bare branches, making for a beautiful black-and-white pattern against the grey sky.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

GUYS, GUYS

HEY GUYS

YOU GUYS...

can babby fart in the womb?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 637