Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687372 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

I see letters which vaguely resemble LotR moon runes, or elf runes, or whatever those were called.
The first two are from the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc, the rest are from the Elder and Younger Futhark. I was trying to figure out if there's default support for runes, for reasons, but I'd gone out of my way to get support for literally everything at some point in the past and couldn't tell on my own. The answer seems to be "sometimes."
Well, they work for me.
Same.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I see letters which vaguely resemble LotR moon runes, or elf runes, or whatever those were called.
The first two are from the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc, the rest are from the Elder and Younger Futhark. I was trying to figure out if there's default support for runes, for reasons, but I'd gone out of my way to get support for literally everything at some point in the past and couldn't tell on my own. The answer seems to be "sometimes."
Well, they work for me.
Same.
Also
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Is this working for anybody?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

Works from here.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I'm on mobile, so no.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

With some lag on characters showing up, yes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

Dang. Nothing happens for me except for the appearance of the text input bar.

Any ideas why? I have Javascript enabled and changing browsers doesn't seem to do anything.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Are there any religions of decent size, other than Catholicism, that have a single official leader for the whole faith? I was trying to think of an equivalent to the Pope, but then couldn't.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

The Jewish High Priest in Ye Olde Days would be more or less equivalent. I'm pretty sure the office isn't current, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

The Dalai Lamas might be closer to it than most.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I'm guessing that things like "Jesus", "Buddha" or "Muhammed" don't count?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

I'm guessing that things like "Jesus", "Buddha" or "Muhammed" don't count?
Afraid not. I'm looking for a position of leadership within a religion, that is filled by a person who is alive at the time.

The Jewish High Priest in Ye Olde Days would be more or less equivalent. I'm pretty sure the office isn't current, though.
Ye Olde Days are just fine, thanks.

The Dalai Lamas might be closer to it than most.
Not exactly leadership, but it is something I guess. Cheers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Yeah, also "non-leadership live religious figures" might include the Tarun-Matara? (Or however the Nepalese girl-god is spelt)

Who oversees the Mosque at Mecca? Is it a council or sommat?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

There's the Caliph for Islam, but I seem to recall that being a position plagued by election weirdness and random monarchs claiming to be the Caliph.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile

There are also patriarchs in Orthodox Christianity. They are territorially bound, though. Like, there is Serbian patriarch, and then there is Russian patriarch. Historically Russian one has more influence over Orthodox Church, I believe, but I don't really know.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:06:39 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 637