Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687657 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Praise GabeN!]
« Reply #1035 on: January 24, 2015, 03:10:03 am »

I can't view links on muh phone D:
Could you describe the method?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: January 24, 2015, 03:16:28 am »

To copy and paste:
Do not use a bleach or any washing compound containing a bleaching agent as it will decrease the tensile strength of the fabric.
It is perfectly safe to use a mild soap and water solution to wash out dirt and at the same time reduce the effect of perspiration absorption. Do not put the shoes in a washing machine. This is not recommended by the Converse company because the process will dilute the color of the canvas, especially bright and dark colors. Hand cleaning with a damp cloth is the preferred method.
After washing with water, the shoes should be dried at normal temperature away from excessive heat such as stoves or steam pipes. Do not dry shoes in automatic dryers.
A wet sponge or cleaning cloth with a little soap if desired can quickly clean up dirt or minor spills on your toe caps or rubber foxing on the sides of your shoes.
Now, Yahoo answers and Instructables say it's okay to machine wash it.
First, remove your laces, and set them aside.
Next, spray liquid stain remover on your shoes, soaking every inch of cloth.
Don't forget to spray under the tongues to get those pesky jeans stains out.

Let your shoes sit for about five minutes. While you wait, toss two or three of your towels into the wash so that half of the drum is full.

Optional: wipe down the rubber surfaces of your shoes with a wet Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove any loose grime or dirt.

Stuff the shoelaces into the bottle of liquid stand remover. Leaving about half an inch to an inch of the laces sticking out of the bottle, screw on the cap/nozzle. Be careful not to cross-thread the cap.

Next, shake the bottle like you would a carton of orange juice. Do this for about 30 seconds. Careful though... some liquid will seep out. Use the hand towel to clean up the goopy mess.

Remove the laces from the bottle, then place them in your mesh wash bag, making certain that they are thoroughly covered in stain remover. Also, rub some excess stain remover onto the dry ends of the laces that were sticking out of the bottle.

Afterward, zip up the bag, and place it in the wash on top of your towels. Add your shoes to the load next to the bag, then place the remaining towels on top. Your shoes and bag should sandwiched between two layers of towels. Make any necessary adjustments, and toss in the hand towel if you like.

Add a glug (about 2 oz) of hydrogen peroxide, a glug of the liquid stain remover, and one load's worth of detergent to the wash. Set machine to the "super load" or equivalent setting; set water to cold (warm if you can afford it), and select the "regular" or equivalent wash setting. Start the wash, and walk away.

After pulling them from the wash, reshape your shoes and set them on a flat surface to dry. Pull the laces from the mesh bag, and place them down next to the shoes, freeing them of any tangles or knots that might have occurred in the wash.

I set mine on top of my dryer, but any area free of debris and moisture will do. You can even set them outside in the sun, for example. After about 12 hours, they'll be dry and ready to be re-laced and worn with any outfit (sooner if you place them in the sun).
Use a damp Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to keep the rubber of your shoes brilliant and free of dirt.

ENJOY!

Note: Some stains require two washes. If your shoes aren't stain-free after the first wash, repeat the process one more time. For example, it took me two cleans to get grass stains out of my Chucks. Also, don't forget to dry your towels!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: January 24, 2015, 03:21:14 am »

Thanks! :)
I'll probably go with the first method, since I'm lazy and don't really care about them being dirty- they just smell awful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: January 24, 2015, 03:27:02 am »

No problem. Good luck!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: January 24, 2015, 09:21:25 am »

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpanzee. No, you'll never make a monkey out of me
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: January 24, 2015, 10:05:50 am »

I'll probably go with the first method, since I'm lazy and don't really care about them being dirty- they just smell awful.
You smell your shoes?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: January 24, 2015, 10:16:20 am »

You smell your shoes?

Finally, another person who doesn't smell his shoes. You exist. Hooray! Today is a good day.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: January 24, 2015, 10:24:05 am »

I generally only smell my shoes when they're bad enough that I can notice the smell whilst wearing them... :-[
In this case, because they got wet on my way home yesterday. As did the rest of me, hence why I was doing laundry earlier.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: January 24, 2015, 10:32:25 am »

Well then, good for you.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 24, 2015, 12:47:32 pm »

I hate every ape I see, from chimpan-A to chimpanzee. No, you'll never make a monkey out of me
We have a Terrible Jokes thread for posts like that.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 28, 2015, 11:45:24 am »

Know any good examples of a real, strong vs agile fight? Maybe in boxing?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 28, 2015, 11:48:55 am »

Is there a word for, uh, I'll have to explain this because I don't know if I can say it in words.

There are two languages, X and Y. X has homophones A and B. Y has homophones C and D. However, A has the same meaning as C, and B has the same meaning as D.
Do homophones whose translations are also homophones in a different language.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 28, 2015, 11:58:12 am »

Nazi Germany vs Soviet Russia?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 28, 2015, 12:02:07 pm »

Nazi Germany vs Soviet Russia?

What's wrong with classic - David vs Goliath?
Sigs

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 28, 2015, 12:37:53 pm »

Real fast, can people see the article on the other side of this link?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 637