Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687652 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: The small random questions thread [Of Farts and Bathtubs]
« Reply #720 on: August 06, 2014, 01:31:43 pm »

Can anyone point me at a decent portraiture DSLR camera for under $700?

Can anyone suggest to me an iOS app for creating pixel art? Preferably ones that have cloud storage.

This or this?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 08, 2014, 09:18:32 am »

Why do sparkling beverage suddenly loose all their dissolved CO2 when you shake them?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 08, 2014, 09:27:54 am »

it's not dissolved co2, it's carbonic acid

carbonic acid is volatile, shaking it breaks it up into carbon dioxide and water

carbon dioxide fucks off upward and water stays where it is

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 08, 2014, 10:35:11 pm »

I'm looking for what'd basically be a plastic tubing, only a web of it instead of a single straight tube. Google is useless because all the search terms I can think of turn up tubes, made of mesh or weaves or whatever. Any tips on what I'd actually be looking for, here? Looking to have a way of circulating fluid over a flexible surface, and it'd simplify things a lot if I don't have to weave a tube on itself or try to manually add branching and stuff.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 09, 2014, 01:16:33 pm »

it's not dissolved co2, it's carbonic acid

carbonic acid is volatile, shaking it breaks it up into carbon dioxide and water

carbon dioxide fucks off upward and water stays where it is

Which is produced by dissolving carbon dioxide in the water. Under high pressure, thereby forcing the reaction equilibrium (H2CO3 <=> H20+CO2) towards the formation of carbonic acid as per Le Chatelier's principle.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 09, 2014, 10:44:22 pm »

My bedsheet is starting to go mouldy, so I guess I should wash it. Is it okay to just chuck it in with a load of other washing?

Also, Bauglir, I would have no idea.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 10, 2014, 01:04:07 am »

Should be fine I think if its closeish in color? assuming you don't try to wash too many big blankets and sheets at the same time anyway.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 10, 2014, 01:06:14 am »

while you hardly have to worry about the colors mixing nowadays, it's still wise to wash it with things that are closeish in colors or at least make the distinctions between dark and light cloths

i think the thing is that you wash bedsheets at a higher temperature than you do regular stuff?

and yeah overloading the washing machine is a terrible idea too

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 10, 2014, 03:18:43 am »

Hot water is needed to kill dust mites in sheets. 130+ degrees Fahrenheit is required for that. Also, eucalyptus oil is highly toxic to the little fuckers, some people recommend putting some in with your detergent.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 10, 2014, 07:53:38 am »

how do I use spreadsheets
._.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 10, 2014, 08:00:20 am »

Every field has a content and a value. By typing in the field, you set its content, and its value is calculated from the content. Usually the value is exactly the same as the content, but if the content starts with an = sign, it's treated as a formula to calculate the value. For example if you enter "=2+4" into a cell, then its content is "=2+4", but its value is 6. Note that the spreadsheet program usually displays the value of the cells, unless you're editing it, in which case the content is displayed. Another example: If you enter "3" into Cell A1 and "=2+A1" into Cell A2, then A2 will have the value 5. And here's the best thing about spreadsheets: If you edit A1 to "7", then A2's value will automatically update to 9. This is the power of spreadsheets. Use it wisely.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 11, 2014, 03:49:34 pm »

Okay, geometry question.  Note that I am not a math person, so this may be worded awkwardly.

Using Schläfli symbols:
{3,3} = Tetrahedron (or a d4)
{3,4} = Octahedron (or a d8)
{3,5} = Icosahedron (or a d20)

So what the hell is a {3,6} if such a creature exists?  How many sides does it have?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 11, 2014, 05:53:29 pm »

Okay, geometry question.  Note that I am not a math person, so this may be worded awkwardly.

Using Schläfli symbols:

So what the hell is a {3,6} if such a creature exists?  How many sides does it have?

3 Hexagons around each vertice... yea, I don't think that fits together to make anything neatly in 3d. Possibly some kind of triangular grid, if a quick sketch is anything to go by?  ???
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:56:07 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 12, 2014, 08:46:51 am »

Using Schläfli symbols:

3 Hexagons around each vertice... yea, I don't think that fits together to make anything neatly in 3d. Possibly some kind of triangular grid, if a quick sketch is anything to go by?  ???
Actually, I think it's supposed to be 6 triangles around each vertices.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 12, 2014, 08:50:53 am »

whats the name of that show its like have you been paying attention but on the abc and each episode they have a guest star make a cocktail
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 637