Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640]

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 696313 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #9585 on: July 01, 2024, 12:43:52 pm »

Saving money works for you and the institution you’re saving with, while investing merely allows a company more capital to invest where they want it. The company doesn’t have to do anything with that money.
I think you may not be clear on the realities of saving and investing.

But more importantly, even stuffing money into a mattress is deflationary.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: July 02, 2024, 11:52:04 pm »

Actually, if you give money to poor people, they spend it at businesses owned by the rich people, so it's giving to the rich with extra steps.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: Today at 09:58:40 am »

*With extra benefits to poor people.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: Today at 10:30:56 am »

Can somebody tell me a browser from like 5 years back, that shipped with all files contained in the installer?

Because I have these win7 computers, that are entirely dedicated to dejaying, and I use a browser to organise my catalogue. It's firefox... and despite not having seen the internet for years, firefox it's confident it needs an update. I am allready incredibly fucking tired of those superfluous clicks, but it gets worse. today it needed to be unresponsive for 20 seconds so it could show me some spamshit "are you using an older device?" plastered all over my catalogue. The worst fucking part is I know that mozilla dropped support for win7, and if I actually bothered to click on their spamshit, it would tell me "sowwy that yucky OS is too old" ... as I'm sure they also went out of their way to phase out support for equally outdated linux distros.

How much software do I have with prompts hidden within that need to learn to shutup? How many people are there walking around with too many teeth in their mouth?
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: Today at 01:10:29 pm »

Why is Truean seemingly allergic to being quoted? Not trying to seem privy, but I need to know the lore.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: Today at 01:19:10 pm »

You could PM them and ask, which seems a better option than posting it on the forum.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: Today at 01:24:09 pm »

True probably won't bite for just asking, so yeah, PM's probably fine. Iirc they've explained it previously, but it's been a while since I saw it, so I've forgotten the particulars. They're not the only one that asks that of folks, either, if I'm not misremembering.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 638 639 [640]