Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 648

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 892223 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #7515 on: July 09, 2021, 12:12:24 am »

I used to sleep to noise music, occasionally*. Train sounds being comforting is peanuts compared to that sort of auditory oddity :P

* I.e. things like this (which is still oddly soothing; it's like waves crashing on the beach, by way of fornicating industrial machinery), or Reed's Metal Machine Music. Not traditional sleeping tunes, ha!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 12:17:39 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: July 09, 2021, 06:56:49 am »

I fell asleep to music abaout a horror game a few times

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: July 09, 2021, 07:46:20 am »

Is there something wrong with me, that I find the sound of the freight train two blocks away extremely reassuring
Well at least you know civilization hasn't ground to a complete halt if you hear the train running. 

Yes, there's something wrong with you, but there's something wrong with everyone so who are we to judge :P

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: July 09, 2021, 03:59:06 pm »

My mum grew up beside railway tracks. She said the trains helped her sleep.

She no longer lives near railway tracks, but imagines trains would annoy the hell out of her if she did!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: July 10, 2021, 02:36:53 am »

Are there any CMake projects that are straightforward to compile on both Windows and Linux? I tried fortune-mod, but that ended up being a pain to do anything with on both platforms (why do you have to install a document toolchain manually, without an installer?!). There's obviously CMake Hello World, but that's a copout answer to me.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: July 10, 2021, 12:10:19 pm »

If a goat, or some other herbivore, eats cannabis, or the plant marijuana is extracted from as per my knowledge, will it get any of the effects?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: July 10, 2021, 12:30:25 pm »

Possibly. We are mammals as well, I don’t know if goats evolved a response to THC though

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: July 10, 2021, 12:57:42 pm »

If a goat, or some other herbivore, eats cannabis, or the plant marijuana is extracted from as per my knowledge, will it get any of the effects?
Sure? Unless there's something specific to the species that is immune to the stuff in it, it'll have some sort of effect. It's not just herbivores, either, you can get a bunch of different non-human things high with varying effects.

Mind, raw weed doesn't actually do much or anything (you gotta' do stuff to it to make it give a high, apparently), so if they're just nomming the raw plant it won't have any effect other than filling their stomach. Quick google suggests roaming goats are actually a problem for marijuana farmers that cultivate outside, since they like eat it with a decent amount of enthusiasm.

... but yeah, most of the time stuff that will effect people will effect other things. Usually harder than it does us, too, 'cause we're pretty sizeable as animals go and fairly aggressive omnivores.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: July 10, 2021, 01:18:09 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 12:44:32 pm by dragdeler »
let

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: July 10, 2021, 10:38:29 pm »

I saw a goat avoiding all grass and shrubs to eat cannabis, not the farmer one, the wild one. And I thought it would be funny if it was addicted or something. ;D

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: July 11, 2021, 04:08:15 am »

This is a question that I realized could be posed to y'all when I posted a visualization of YUV 4:2:0 chroma subsampling on a Discord server. They did not like the fact that they couldn't tell the difference between a full-resolution image and a 4:2:0 subsampled image.

So, Bay12, can you tell the difference between these two images without splitting them into their Y, U, and V components? One is the original, the other is the YUV 4:2:0 subsampled version.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: July 11, 2021, 04:16:22 am »

Right is grainier (most readily apparent around the edges on the magenta side), and that grain gives the impression of a slightly richer/deeper green.

I did have to zoom in a bit to pinpoint what I was seeing, but that's probably just my eyesight being its usual amount of ass. Having the two displayed next to each other does make it evident that something is different.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: July 11, 2021, 04:42:05 am »

This is a question that I realized could be posed to y'all when I posted a visualization of YUV 4:2:0 chroma subsampling on a Discord server. They did not like the fact that they couldn't tell the difference between a full-resolution image and a 4:2:0 subsampled image.

So, Bay12, can you tell the difference between these two images without splitting them into their Y, U, and V components? One is the original, the other is the YUV 4:2:0 subsampled version.

Nope. They both look the same to me, though I have bad eyesight and can on.y see from one eye, so I’m an outlier

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: July 11, 2021, 06:43:13 am »

I concur with Kagus - the right picture has some "graininess" to it.  I don't know if this means it's original and is picking up some fine detail, or if the left is original and is showing a more true smoothness of features.

If I had to guess I'd say the right is the modified one, because it has a subtle hint of what I think looks like an effect where edges (transitions between colors) are emphasized. What I'm talking about is most notable on the red-pink side of the flower; it almost looks like compression artifacts.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: July 11, 2021, 07:11:34 am »

Personally I think one of them appears to be significantly to the side of the other
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 648