Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 648

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 892385 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #4830 on: December 24, 2018, 07:24:33 pm »

Yeh, there's a (neurological?) disorder that can be triggered by taking certain hallucinogens, which can result in periodic flashbacks and/or persistent hallucinations for the rest of your life.

Which is a bit of a bitch, because to my knowledge there isn't any way of testing for it before you end up dropping acid and having to deal with seeing the floor bubble for the rest of your life.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: December 24, 2018, 10:18:54 pm »

Eh, depending on what you mean by floor bubble it might not be that bad. I've been hallucinating 24/7 for more than three decades now, though it took better than one of them to realize what was causing the effect and that it wasn't normal. One of the reasons I've never been particularly enticed by hallucinogens, heh. Dunnae need nae help.

I'm told visual snow can be unpleasant when it onsets (and, more to the point, most of the things that seem capable of doing that are themselves pretty unpleasant), but if it's just been there forever and always you kinda' learn to appreciate the pretty colors and not get distracted (much).

I'd guess it'd be something similar for someone that developed persistent hallucinations, after a while. It's probably different when you can remember a time it wasn't happening, I'unno.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: December 25, 2018, 02:37:03 am »

I am strange enough already.  I am actually fearful of what I would be like, if I were to use psychoactive medication. Truly.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: December 25, 2018, 03:10:24 am »

Another time, 15+ hits of acid.
My friend who did that (and various other over-the-top substance-related shenanigans) once casually told me, about a year later, that he was yet to stop tripping. This same guy somehow manages to be a successful university student in some sort of high-level computer fuckery or other. O.o   

I personally cannot compete with any of that, though, haha. Well apart from maybe the first one.
Nor do I think I'd really want to, honestly.

I was done tripping after 24-48 hours IIRC. I think I have bizarre biochemistry. When they sedated me to remove my wisdom teeth, I went under instantly and came out equally fast. Totally lucid, no loopy feeling. Just woke up.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: December 25, 2018, 05:52:16 am »

Nah, 24-48 hours is pretty common for LSD. There's not that big of a difference when going up in dosage, except for some effect on the "intensity" of the hallucinations.

To my recollection, there's only been one confirmed fatal overdose of LSD; and that was from a fellow who injected somewhere around 5,000,000 times the normal dose directly into his bloodstream.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: December 25, 2018, 06:26:17 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:23:45 pm by dragdeler »
let

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: December 25, 2018, 10:36:26 am »

How do you do that thing that drag just did, with the link but with different text over it?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: December 25, 2018, 11:11:34 am »

You put the link inside the first url tag after a = instead of between the two tags.

Then you write the text you want to be seen between the two tags.

Like so:
Code: [Select]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaBoOUCpRpw&t=1m25s]His final thoughts were.[/url]
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: December 28, 2018, 12:08:56 pm »

Is there a specific word for a feeling when the life is so awful, you can't help but laugh? IIRC, there's a very specific German word for that, but I don't exactly remember how did it go.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: December 29, 2018, 08:50:59 am »

The word in german whem translated is "lifeissoawfulyoucannothelpbutlaughfeeling".
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: December 29, 2018, 09:11:21 am »

The word in german whem translated is "lifeissoawfulyoucannothelpbutlaughfeeling".

How's it written in German, then? I'm only a beginner, so I can't imagine how long the word could be, since Germans love their compound words.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: December 29, 2018, 09:17:40 am »

Well you should be using it in English.

Or possibly irish. Or maybe russian. I don't know Irish. Or Russian.
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: December 29, 2018, 09:28:45 am »

Native Russian speaker here, but alas, we don't have such a specific word. However, I've seen such a word in German, but can't remember how it is written.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: December 29, 2018, 09:59:31 am »

German doesn't have such a word either. They make it out of other words. Like the sillified version I wrote above.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 648