Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 649

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 895872 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [Flat-nosed pigdogs]
« Reply #3915 on: August 04, 2017, 03:30:22 pm »

This might do you. It's a BB gun instead of somethin' more powerful, so you can actually hear the glass break. It wouldn't be dead on, but it might be closer.

E: Also looks like you might have luck poking around airsoft stuff. There's vids of folks shooting up a few different sorts of glass with 'em, apparently.

E2: Ah, right. What found it was a youtube search for "gun through glass -proof" sans quotes, if that'd help any.

E3: Ah ha, this may be what you're looking for. Sounds like the guy's shooting up jars or small panes, and the gunshot sound's muted enough you can definitely hear it. E4: Actually could be ceramics, now that it's sat for a might. I seem to recall breaking skeet sounding a lot like that, so... I'unno, and was having trouble telling through the video. Could just be real similar sounds, heh.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:44:38 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3916 on: August 04, 2017, 04:06:13 pm »

This is perfect, thank you so much!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: August 06, 2017, 05:38:08 pm »

How can you fix Magneto's age problem in a X-men reboot? His origins in Auschwitz and that makes him 85, and Xavier too. If you use the "mutants live longer" ploy, you've got 60 years of backstory to cover and the major stories would probably have already happened. If you use time travel, lots of bullshit irrelevant to the characters pops up.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: August 06, 2017, 06:21:07 pm »

Move Auschwitz up? Alt history is so much more chic than time travel these days. Can always go time travel and just plain ol' ignore the bullshit irrelevant to the characters. No plot holes to see here, folks, just the blob stuck in a interdimensional tear, pay no attention to the fat man behind the quantum time dickery. Cryogenics accidents are always fun, too. Random encounter with throwaway mutant #652 that happens to catapult people a few decades into the future or leave them stuck in a rock for the better part of a century or somethin'. Lotsa' stuff!

... alternately, from what I can recall of some of the x-men stuff, most of that years of background was explained away by him and xavier just kinda'... not doing much in the interim. Building up certain sorts of foundations and doing stuff in the background, but not really active. Things not really kicking off until they go full ideological split and then starting to ramp up until the main stage starts, somethin' along those lines.

Could have 'em waiting for a certain sort of critical mass in mutant population, not really having the human (so to speak) resources to push for their goals until a particular point.* Mountains of ways you can explain away empty years if you really feel like it, basically. Can either pick whatever's least disruptive to the rest of canon you're attempting to build or go hog wild and leave a billion different background plots hanging in the wind ala Star Wars or somethin'.

* And if you're looking for reasons why that point doesn't conveniently happen until the years you feel like basing your reboot, the X-men universe has like a thousand jackass-ex-machinas you can blame for it, and then either use as a background plot or main/side antagonist, or have hit with a rock and die right when your story starts up. The massive fustercluck that is marvel's material over the years means you got options.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:26:34 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: August 06, 2017, 06:34:10 pm »

You're on the money with "dead time." Here's my fix:

Give Magneto a long, forced retirement. I was thinking the best way to introduce mutants to the MCU, is to have Xavier change his mind about mind-wiping everyone. The world has accepted heroes and definitely has a need for them, so he restores people memories, starting with the mutant population. Cue power flare ups.

If you say Magneto's been happily relaxing for 30 years, deaging him will be painless, as would being oddly young. Either way, no more implication that he's done it all.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: August 06, 2017, 06:42:06 pm »

You'd also have some fun room to play with the implications of a few decades of more or less peaceful time off. This is not my beautiful house, this is not my beautiful wife~

and then a hydrokinetic bursts out from under your front yard and you have out of date pop culture to start things off with a splash ahahahahahahaha
Ask not!
Ask!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3921 on: August 07, 2017, 02:25:25 am »

Can anyone find this song on YouTube in good quality? There are a million covers of it and I can't find this exact one on YouTube so I can add it to my playlist.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: August 07, 2017, 03:34:55 pm »

I bought a new mobile phone for my mom 2 weeks ago. An old model Nokia. No camera, no internet, no things that can allow her to get all confused.

But the thing's battery only lasts for about 3-4 days, without the phone actually seeing much use besides a daily alarm clock function.
My mom wants me to go back to the store and change it for a new one.

I am unsure. Isn't 3-4 days standby battery life quite normal for a cheap-ass Nokia? My mom says her previous, 10 euro crap phone's battery lasted much longer.
But I kinda don't want to make a fool out of myself at the store going back when there's actually nothing wrong with the thing.

Anyone know anything about phone battery life? Me myself, I haven't had a mobile phone for about 10 years now, so I have no clue.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: August 07, 2017, 03:51:00 pm »

That's 2-3 day longer than your standard smartphone. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: August 07, 2017, 03:54:24 pm »

Are you sure she isn't leaving the screen on?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: August 07, 2017, 04:12:21 pm »

3-4 days sounds normal for a flip phone that gets regular use. Even if it wasn't, it's not that much of a problem to leave it plugged in once a week. It sounds like your mom has unrealistic expectations.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3926 on: August 07, 2017, 04:43:03 pm »

That's 2-3 day longer than your standard smartphone. :p
As long as my wifi is off my smartphone lasts about 3-5 days. I just play puzzle games and text a little. I only turn the wifi on when I'm at work and when I do that it's plugged in and charging.

Can anyone find this song on YouTube in good quality? There are a million covers of it and I can't find this exact one on YouTube so I can add it to my playlist.
Okay, I figured out where this take is from. It's some kind of bootleg recording of one of Bob Dylan's recordings of it, from this album: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/bootleg-series-vol.-11-basement/id925180674?ign-mpt=uo%3D4 It's not on YouTube. Might have to upload it myself.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:48:10 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: August 07, 2017, 06:16:52 pm »

Steam is refusing to open. The application just doesn't start, not even when run as administrator.
I've tried restarting my laptop, still nothing. It's weird. Any ideas of a solution?

I'd rather not reinstall without first figuring out where to copy my savefiles from.

Edit: nevermind, it seems to have inexplicably fixed itself.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:02:59 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #3928 on: August 08, 2017, 12:31:38 am »

I often find that killing the process from the task manager helps with that, for future reference.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: August 08, 2017, 12:38:53 am »

You have a Steam? I took you for the type who buy DRM-free.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 649