Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 647

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 859307 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Oh, and another thing: Blanche de Namur has - at least in my case - proven most effective at ending relationships, not at starting them. Since he already is single, I'd suggest recommending to him a different beverage.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Make sense. Anyway, he doesn't drink.

I really wonder how the US manage to have so many teenage pregnancies with an age limit that high.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... if it takes you alcohol to get it up or get ready at that age, something has gone horrifically wrong.

Also a lot -- a lot -- of kids just ignore the age limit. Plenty of folks get drunk much younger than 21 in this country. Ends up killing a fair few, too.

Beyond that, we have freaking terrible sex ed in most of the country, which easily includes poor access to contraceptives, and a culture that's often predisposed towards not talking about good practices until it's far, far too late. Basically a lot of factors coming together (ha) to up the pregnancy rates.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

How many people actually are stopped by a drinking age limit? It's not that difficult to get hold of when you're underage.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Very few are actually stopped. There's plenty that just don't, though, due to the whole legal thing, or a recognition of how badly alcohol can fuck you up, or any number of other things. Gods know I've felt less than zero interest in drinking the stuff, even after I was legal for it.

People do get in trouble for it off and on, for what it's worth. Just tends to be whoever sold the stuff instead of the minor. Every once in a while a shop'll get hit with fines or closed down for selling to underage folks. Significantly more rarely a kid'll end up in juvie or somethin' due to getting caught with alcohol. Probably the most common "caught" situation is with colleges, if I had to guess -- I've seen a fair few people kicked out of dorms because they had alcohol in the same room as someone under the drinking limit.

Kinda' like getting involved with jailbait, a lot of it boils down to just not taking the risk. Sure, you probably won't get caught, and there probably won't be any problems, but the chance is definitely there and you might as well just wait a bit.

'course, on the other side of that, I've actually watched as someone legal bought beer in a local store and took it out into the parking lot to share, in public, with underaged kids, while a cop was physically in the same parking area, watching. So... yeah. Varies by region, people involved, etc., etc. etc.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:04:43 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

Some of my friends drink and out of my friends from school I think I'm the only one who's never drank and still a virgin so yeah... I'm a minority on this stuff
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

E: looking in to it more, though, it looks a lot like there's not really a specific term for that. Just vocals.
Actualllly, grak, it looks like the closest thing to a specific term is "spoken word sample", or possibly just spoken word. Hope that helps. Also hope you (or someone else) keeps looking and finds out if there's a different/better term for it, because now I'm curious, too :-\
Looking through some music textbooks it looks like there really isn't a name for it besides the descriptive one. Shame, since it makes it harder to look for.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Some of my friends drink and out of my friends from school I think I'm the only one who's never drank and still a virgin so yeah... I'm a minority on this stuff
One: Don't trust your friends when they say they've had sex
Two: Nearly everyone I'm friendly with doesn't drink.

So, maybe a minority where you are, but that depends on either place, or the people you interact with in that place.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile

... It's not that uncommon of a thing around here and just trust me on this one they aren't lieing
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

They aren't lying? Damn, their first time and already starting on the slightly more advanced stuff :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

My school had more kids lying about being virgins than lying about having sex, but that might just be a Catholic school thing.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

I'm tempted to necro the Animal Crossing thread but I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. Hasn't been posted in for a little under two years.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... as per usual, if you can't improve on the OP and/or don't intend to maintain the thread, and you actually have something to contribute (new information, maybe trying to drum up interest or share some nice experiences), it's usually better to just necro. No need to make another thread when there's already one there that's as serviceable as the one you'd make.
Ask not!
Ask!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

does anyone on this here webzone make cheese

is there a cheesemaking thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

I made paneer once, but that's not exactly conventional cheese... You getting your slice of the Russian import ban pie? :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 647