Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 130

Author Topic: Atheism/Religion Discussion  (Read 180780 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Atheism/Religion Discussion
« Reply #1815 on: December 26, 2012, 02:28:38 pm »

33% is not a majority.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: December 26, 2012, 02:28:56 pm »

In America, maybe.  But I'm pretty sure it doesn't overall.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 26, 2012, 02:38:47 pm »

I'm assuming he's talking about a country specifically...

Uh, which one?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 26, 2012, 03:18:22 pm »

Christina is the largest one in the world, this is not the first time it has gone down, wont be the last. it may one day be not, bu if history says anything this is just a "moment" it rises and falls

How ever its a bid deal to say (most should know this) any survey tend to have "holes" one example is one once said "have you ever not believed in god" to say that Christina is on the down fall
even if I find one that says 90%, I need to find out what they asked and how

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-09/living/us.religion.less.christian_1_american-religious-identification-survey-christian-nation-evangelical?_s=PM:LIVING
In USA alone its like 60% who SAY they are christian, this is not saying those who claim they follow no "religion" but they follow Christ (the whole I'm not irreligious but i believe in god, cause they believe religion  is "wrong)

and if you read it you will see the rise of "new" ones are on the rise, people who did not believe then did, this to me is a sign its not as bad as some claim, I believe its a small gap in which the older generation is dying and the newer one have not yet found it yet but will
do this text in a decade and I'd be willing to be you will find more
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 26, 2012, 03:25:47 pm »

I'm assuming he's talking about a country specifically...

Uh, which one?

Poland. A lot of christians here, but most of time the younger people here are more "pseudo-catholic" than christian.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 26, 2012, 04:43:57 pm »

Gonna be a pedant here, but when people say "Christianity" is or isnt the most followed religion, which particular Christianity are we talking about: Catholic, Protestant, Orthadox (and so on...)??
This is a blank sig.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 26, 2012, 04:46:53 pm »

All the sects. All of it them.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: December 26, 2012, 04:49:36 pm »

Any Church of England members? I wanted to know how the recent utter failure to move with the times with not just gay marriage but women bishops has gone over.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:59:29 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 26, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »

Gonna be a pedant here, but when people say "Christianity" is or isnt the most followed religion, which particular Christianity are we talking about: Catholic, Protestant, Orthadox (and so on...)??
we are talking all secs, when they talk of Muslim, they mean all of them combined, same for christainty.
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 26, 2012, 05:03:36 pm »

Seems very crude of me to lump them all together, especially as between Sunni and Shia muslims, Catholic and Protestants and many, many more there are pretty big dogmaitc differences. Are the differences important to both those within the faiths and those outsides?
This is a blank sig.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 26, 2012, 05:08:48 pm »

I would say it does have an effect if more people know about other religions. I get the feeling that a large number of people don't realize that Muslims and Christians have the same God, or that their book is a third book following the new testament, and that they believe in Jesus.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: December 26, 2012, 05:13:45 pm »

the big diffidence is they claim he was just a prophet and that the true son of God has not came yet, which most consider a big enough diffidence while most christian secs (all i know of) agree Christ is the way to God\son.

Basically you can claim that they are diffident but to me and most doing serves most differences are very  unimportant , we believe the base the same thing of Christina, which by definition is belief in Christ as the son of man\God

If you dont belive Christ is the son of God then its not the "same God" per say, as Christ is the word, the word was with the lord since the start yada yada yada

(I'm not saying I belief this, this is just what you hear the preachers\most domination say that is almost universality the same)

Christ IS God to us, the holy tryint, god the father (God) God the son (Christ) God the holy spirit (some times called holy ghost) three in one, one in three

Maybe there SHOULD be some diffidence, but at least its fair and lumps ALL secs of ALL religions together

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:18:57 pm by Wolfy »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 26, 2012, 07:04:18 pm »

Couple things.  First,
I would say it does have an effect if more people know about other religions. I get the feeling that a large number of people don't realize that Muslims and Christians have the same God.

Second, they don't believe in Jesus the same way.  Most people acknowledge that a Nazarene named Jesus existed, but only Christians think him the son of God.

Third, I don't like the lumping either.  The differences between Catholic and Protestant denominations are many.  I guess most of you don't know how annoying it is to be lumped together with the Westboro assholes.  :(

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 26, 2012, 07:08:08 pm »

Gaaahhh! Your mistakes astound me. I took a unit on Religion in AP Human Geography recently!

This is how it's divided, let's use Christianity as an example

Branches: R/C, P, and EO
Denominations (of Protestant): Baptist, Lutheran, ...
Sects: Go away, you're scaring me.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 26, 2012, 07:09:34 pm »

Wait, who are you talking about here?

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 130