Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 130

Author Topic: Atheism/Religion Discussion  (Read 181301 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Atheism/Theology Discussion
« Reply #765 on: November 16, 2012, 10:10:10 pm »

Eh, the most interesting part of The Atheist Experience is responding to the trolls and pseudo-trolls. Otherwise not very interesting.

You can always troll the agnostics instead.

"Yo agnostics!  I guess you totally don't care whether or not invisible pink unicorns exist!  Eh?  Eh?  Maybe they do, maybe they don't right?"
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 16, 2012, 10:11:13 pm »

Invisible pink unicorns don't exist, due to the logical contradiction. An invisible intangible unicorn may exist right next to me, though. Don't care about him either way.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 16, 2012, 10:12:12 pm »

Invisible pink unicorns don't exist, due to the logical contradiction. An invisible intangible unicorn may exist right next to me, though. Don't care about him either way.
But it is only through this logical contradiction that you may know that the Invisible Pink Unicorn is the almighty creator of the universe. What else could be pink and invisible at the same time!? Huh?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 16, 2012, 10:14:01 pm »

Trying the old circular argument by assuming the existence of an invisible pink unicorn, eh?

Sick 'em, invisible intangible unicorn! Impale him on your mighty horn!
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 16, 2012, 10:14:36 pm »

Trying the old circular argument by assuming the existence of an invisible pink unicorn, eh?

Silly Kai, intangible things can't hurt me. They're intangible!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 16, 2012, 10:15:36 pm »

But what if they can influence something that can hurt you, though?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 16, 2012, 10:15:52 pm »

Silly Kai, intangible things can't hurt me. They're intangible!
Blast! Foiled again!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 16, 2012, 10:16:45 pm »

But what if they can influence something that can hurt you, though?
Then I will facepunch that thing. If it doesn't have a face...I have a sharpie. I'll draw one on and punch that.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 16, 2012, 10:17:30 pm »

Hey guys. You're doing that obnoxious thing where you pretend the fourm is the IRC channel. Again.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 16, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »

Sorry. We'll resume anti fun mode, debating theology pointlessly due to axiomatic differences in opinion making resolution impossible.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 16, 2012, 10:20:41 pm »

Hey guys. You're doing that obnoxious thing where you pretend the fourm is the IRC channel. Again.
Sorry. Didn't mean to be obnoxious.  :-\

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 16, 2012, 10:26:56 pm »

Normally I wouldn't of said a damn thing, since well it's not my thread and I'm not usually here. But not that long ago I came on to check a post a friend linked me to and someone actually PMed me about how bad certain members behaviors have gotten. Not in this way but this is a lot like I was complaining about in the first place outside of the NSFW stuff, which I was complained to about.

I personally don't even know why I was talked to like I could honestly do something about it when reports should of been given. But really that's not something I like coming online to in the rare times I even bother anymore.

Anyway someone please pick discussion back up because this is still veering pretty off topic in an actual discussion topic.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 16, 2012, 10:28:54 pm »

Sorry. We'll resume anti fun mode, debating theology pointlessly due to axiomatic differences in opinion making resolution impossible.
obviously we just need to disprove the other side's axioms.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 16, 2012, 10:32:43 pm »

Yeah that's what the happy thread's for, geez.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 16, 2012, 10:53:18 pm »

Well if you can't disprove something, prove that the world would be better without it.  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 130