Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bloody Night RTD (Turn 3: Rudeness and Thugs)  (Read 8140 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Night RTD (Turn 0: Nightfall)
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 02:13:14 am »

Well...I really don't know what to do. I kinda wanted to start out in the open, then hit the road and find some chums to buddy up with, and then go on an epic adventure to re-kill the Evil Lord.

Barkhorn will explore...The cave! Look for shiny things, anything of possible worth. Barter whatever he has for better things, even the clothes on his back. (But not the hat!)

...Better?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 02:17:01 am »

Genevieve found solace in working with a fellow predator. Much like her, Anette had taken her death and rebirth in stride-where as some Vampires like Valenor tried to curtail their instincts-ones like they were embraced the changes, became who they were truly meant to be.

She didn't trust her-obviously-but, she could absolutely trust that they would betray each other when things got bad. That was comforting, in a way. You didn't get that much trust with a 'friend' or a 'lover'-caught in a web of duty, you had to lie endlessly to appease them. Rivals...enemies, on the other hand. They were honest with each other.

She walked along Anette with her hands folded.

"Yes, let's.

The night is still young. And I do enjoy an evening of pleasure for two."

Action: Travel through the plains to the Crossroads with Annette. Once there, looking for a nice shadowy bar of drunken, easily coerced louts...

-----
Valenor's eyes opened slowly as he straightened up and sat on his coffin. His gaze moved around him, as if to check for any signs of trouble.

Genevieve spotted the male vampire she was familiar with, before she left the cave with Anette. They were from similiar backgrounds-peasants turned by absentee Vampires-and she had once upon a time, doted on him-she daren't call it love, though it had felt strong enough she might have called it that before she died.

Eventually, their 'political' difference forced them apart-She fed on the weak-he fed on the guilty. They were both murderers, the only difference was how they went about it.

Still, there was other hungers to be sated than merely blood. She had wanted to turn Valenor to her line of thinking...and she sometimes suspected he wanted to do the same to her. It was fun.

Genevieve slid behind him, running a soft hand over his shoulder, sighing.

"Mmm. It's been much too long, Valenor, don't you think? We should make up, and be couple again. You know how lonely I am these days. So very lonely without you...

I don't suppose you might feed with me tonight, will you? I am going hunting now, but I could bring you back someone sweet, and we could enjoy her together.

...Or are you still playing the Hero, eating little pickpockets in back alleys, to assuage your troubled mind?"
She asked, her tone and stance immodest.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:18:38 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 02:33:50 am »

Tiruin can come in whenever he gets around to it, I guess. :I
((Thanks for waiting on me, apologies for not posting it up sooner. Many other things IRL happened which I wouldn't want to state here.

Well, thanks. All I can say.  :D))

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:29:13 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 03:25:31 am »

"Failed us."

"No!"

"You... Failed us. We died."

"No! N-no!"

"Why... Why didn't you save us? We trusted you! Where was God?! You failed us!"

"Noo!"

Vunkel came to with an anguished cry, then set to shuddering as he always did when the nightmare left him, clawing at his face in terror.

At length he regained his composure, such as it was, and took stock of his surroundings. He was still right where he had gone to sleep; huddled in a wretched ball in some dark cavern. He heard- no, sensed them stirring. Others like him, and worse.
He felt the dull, remembered taste of blood in his mouth, pulsing in his fangs like a living thing. He groaned and heaved himself to his feet, looking down with regret at the ragged, stained habit which still clung to his wasted form.

The hunger was upon him, as always, and as much as he had tried to deny it in the early days, he knew he would have to feed before long.
He moved sluggishly for the exit(walking upright) his bare, leathery feet making a dull scraping sound as he shuffled along, eyes downcast. ,

'How will you feed this time, "Father" Vunkel?' A small, niggling voice of guilt was scratching determinedly at the edges of his mind. He had learnt to ignore it, to shove it away and blend it with the constant, monotonous pain of hunger, but still it went on, pronouncing his title with thick sarcasm.
'Who will you trick, who will you rob of their lives? What foul lies will you spew to quench your foul thirst, you monster?'
He paid the voice no heed, barely noticing it as he headed out into the open air, mind already racing as he planned the night's dining.

>Examine my surroundings, then, if no interesting opportunities present themselves, head north along the road to Lightshade forest, keeping alert for any signs of travellers ahead. If I detect anyone, hide off to one side.
>The basic plan is to find some well-meaning traveller or group of travellers and pretend to be a travelling priest who was cruelly set upon and robbed. I will beg them to let me travel with them.

((GM: Are crucifixes, garlic and such harmful to vampires in this setting?))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:20:40 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 05:52:29 am »

Well...I really don't know what to do. I kinda wanted to start out in the open, then hit the road and find some chums to buddy up with, and then go on an epic adventure to re-kill the Evil Lord.
That may be difficult. It's certainly possible to level up purely through skill use, but it's a lot slower than butchering peasants. Finding mortal buddies may be difficult for obvious reasons, and players might not have a lot to join you for.

Plus, the only Evil Lord known about is... rather strong. Challenging him would be a very long-term goal.

None of which is to say you can't find new enemies or quests or something, of course, but it might not be especially standard.

Barkhorn will explore...The cave! Look for shiny things, anything of possible worth. Barter whatever he has for better things, even the clothes on his back. (But not the hat!)

...Better?
Sure, that's fine.

Tiruin can come in whenever he gets around to it, I guess. :I
((Thanks for waiting on me, apologies for not posting it up sooner. Many other things IRL happened which I wouldn't want to state here.

Well, thanks. All I can say.  :D))
Ah, alright then. I'm going to need a bit to figure out what Plague does, but you're otherwise in; feel free to take your first action.

(Leaning towards -1 Attack per level on any target you hit, but that'd be close to +1 to all Defenses per level for yourself, at least against a single target, which is too strong... so something similar but toned down maybe...?)

((GM: Are crucifixes, garlic and such harmful to vampires in this setting?))
Silver is strong against vampires. Garlic is not. Holy symbols are only harmful if they're actively being used as magical foci, and they're only more effective against vampires than humans if the deity or blessing in question is aligned that way. Unfortunately, of course, many hunters carry symbols and wield blessings that are.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 05:53:41 am »

((Ah good, I could use a crucifix/rosary beads and such to back up my scheme. ;)))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 10:03:15 am »

Polyphemus stumbles out of the his little cave his true eyes wide open. His throat was itchy, it was time for some lunch.
> Head to the market in search of some drunken fools to snack on, and if I see any merchants selling books ask if I can take a peek.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 10:33:04 am »

Valenor had seen the female vampire as he made his way outside. Even as he kept his dignified pace, he knew leaving the cave unmolested would be a matter of pure luck...And to his woe, Genevieve decided to move closer, her soft hand touching his shoulder making him shiver slightly, the reasons that caused the small shock that ran across his spine completely unrelated to the slight chill the vampiress carried with her.

He turned his head slighty, to face the woman, his narrowing eyes once more taking in the measure of her everlasting beauty...While Valenor could be considered too human among their kin, Genevieve had embraced the hunger and the darkness that came with her gift; she had turned into the graceful, beautiful monster the former male peasant still staunchly refused to become.

He was fully aware the struggle against his desires was a losing battle, the only achievement gained being toiling his full potential with each pyrrhic victory. But the moral values he still kept were throughly treasured within his core, and they were the thing that allowed him to accept his "new life", granting him the capacity to ignore innocents and prey on the guilty...Although it was still to be acknowledged as it was; a convenient escape. He was still a murderer, a night creature, and while the thirst for blood could be aimed at people other than the weak, his other desires were not as easy to fool.

Valenor still had feelings for Genevieve.

Maybe he felt they were alike or even because they had slightly different, conflicting driving forces, as she had proven so many times as her efforts to convince him had been useless as also had been his own attempts to subtly convince her to follow a path not stained by the deaths of the weak. He had been hers, the young vampire delighted as he had been acknowledged by someone other than mortals, usually enthralled by what he thought to be the forces of his curse alone. He still longed for her...and differently from his bloodthirst, this one desire had been restrained for too long.

"I am afraid I am still the same 'person' you knew, Genevieve. Old habits...die hard, and while I still have any shred of sanity, I'll direct my thirst for blood towards the ones whom I think deserving of death.

You know that surrendering is not an option for me."
his clear eyes showed a bit of tenderness towards the vampiress as he spoke, his body still keeping his usual stance of a distinguished nobleman even as something hidden within the recesses of his mind clawed at its prison.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:35:41 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 10:39:05 am »

Leandrio sat, hunched near the cave entrance. He could see the twilit moon in all it's beauty outside, covered by the dark shade of a cloudy night. As he gazed back down to the ground, all he could remember were the events of half the fortnight ago.

Hope. Surprise. Fear. Betrayal...

Anguish.

His neighbors. His family. His teacher. All gone and lost. He swore silently to himself for not believing in the stories his ma told him in his youth. Their names - lost to his thoughts, for even those he knew were but distant snatches of air in his mind.

His hands were trembling, as they usually did ever since his 'turning'. Perhaps it was due to innate fear of his sudden shift of allegiance, or the fact that all his work was now wasted and lost?

The only thing he felt, as a constant, was hunger.

Hunger, and guilt.

Standing up and ignoring the babble around him, Leandrio heads towards the inner regions of the cave to ask about the goings of nearby - news and such, if there was any deals to broker, or anything a fledgeling vampire could do.

The man shoved his hands into his coat - a tattered sign of what was once an honorable profession, with one lingering thought in his mind.

Why me?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 11:02:05 am »

((huh, ignore the PM I sent you Cael. It literally went as soon as you posted. :P ))

Genevieve nodded, dropping her gaze from his. The way he looked at her...it clawed at her very sense of self-the predator. It exposed the woman underneath-vulnerable, guilt wracked, hungry for companionship. She drew the shadows around herself, so he could not see.

But he always saw. That was why she was drawn to him.

Yes, the game was never as fun as it used to be-before they had drawn their lines in the sand. But what was that twinge she was feeling, in the husk of her heart?

Surely nothing...

"Yes, I know you made your choice long ago. I love you all the same, Val. 

For, we both burn in the fires of Hell, and you refuse to drink from the river to quench your thirst? Why?

Yes, you call it surrender...I know your heart, Valenor. It is strong, even now. You must tear your heart out of your chest, like I did...only then can you find peace, here in the shadows...with me."

She pulled her shadows with her, lifting his arm and twirling around in a slow pirouette. Her vampiric body has made such acts of grace simple. She enjoyed the feel of him.

"But, all things in time. You need not pine for me now, Valenor. I will always be here for you.

My lover...As always, I will wait till you are ready...you and I shall not perish, unless though mischance-our lives will stretch through eons.

I will be patient. Eternally...patient. I will nurse my loneliness like finely aged wine, saving it for you.

And, on the day you fall, I shall catch and hold you...and together we will drink, and dance, and kill. Forever and ever...amen. You, and I. We are destined to be together.

It's only a matter of time."

She began to fade into the shadows again. It was time to hunt...she ignored the scratching in the hole where her heart had been. Valenor invited weakness-like a sweet drug, he could destroy her with his love-maybe not physically, but in a diffrent way. It was a dangerous game she played.

The question was, who would fall first? Which side would be proven stronger?

Genevieve didn't knew the answer. She didn't pretend to know.

To Genevieve, this was the only thing in the world that actually scared her. Not, that she could ever admit to being afraid.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 11:10:48 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 01:58:46 pm »

Valenor gave a faint, warm smile at Genevieve's antics. Whenever they met, they started their performance of words and wits. One who had no knowledge of their past together would not understand how dangerous the game they were playing was.

Redemption or Damnation. 

She graciously tried to erode the restraints Valenor had carefully built to shackle what his inner demon had of worst, promising him an eternity by her side, preying on the weak. He, on the other side, appealed to what could had been left of Genevieve's humanity, offering his hand along with a twisted sense of justice, an afterlife feeding on the guilty.

Their mutual attraction was deadly and their exchanges, skirmishes of willpower. None of them knew who would be the victor, and Valenor only took strength from this fact.

And so their game continued.

"I don't drink from the river of the purest water, but the puddles along the path keep me well enough." he answered, in a humorous manner.

"I love you, Genevieve. The caring person inside, below all the layers of deceit."

His gaze followed her gracious movements, his arm being guided by her hand. He enjoyed her touch, the soft skin which brought shivers to others only bringing him fond memories.

"Our future is together, yes. But I see it under a different light and perspective. One day we may find happiness...And I shall wait for you until then, no matter how long it takes.

After all, time is a commodity we have in excess."

Valenor did not believe he would outlive Genevieve. His lifestyle was more dangerous, and he took it upon him to feed on the criminals, on the muggers and the murderers. That filth was not harmless, and there was a limit to how much a vampire could endure. Even so, he hoped to bring his lover to his side and share his purgatory with her.

He smiled as she started to leave, plunging into the night as well at his own pace. Both of them headed to the same point, but following slightly different paths.

Adequate.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:33:15 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 03:08:06 pm »

Iustatia glanced around at the other vampires to see if they were going to do something interesting. So, a good half of them were flirting. He didn't know whether to burst out laughing or crying. He'd heard that vampires were the most dangerous, powerful, and emotionless creatures in the world, but here they were trying to get into each others pants.

Fools. They were given power humans couldn't match, even in their wildest dreams, and all they do with it is flirt with each other. He, on the other hand, did not intend to waste this gift. Strength, speed, and shapeshifting. He could rule the world, he only needs to play his cards right.

With a final patronizing glance at the lovebirds, he headed off towards the lowlands of Lourraine, keeping watch for any churches or other religious symbols along the way.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 06:34:00 pm »

Turn 1: Offers and Holy Men

Head to the crossroads through the plains and search for a solitary would-be mugger near an inn.
[3] You find someone shifty hanging around in the shadow of an inn. Probably a mugger.

[2] vs [2] You both end up tumbled in a pile as you try to eat him, though.

The shiniest and most valuable things appear to be next to a peculiar little humanoid. It's half the size of a man if that, with large, pointed, fair-skinned ears, whitish hair with the faintest touch of lavender in what looks like a beehive style, and a featureless white mask with black eyeholes in it. It wields a spear topped with crystal and a sturdy-looking wooden shield.

Around it are various implements, racks, and emplacements, the most noteworthy looking like a bed of glowing teal coals in some sort of forge.

As you approach, it bangs its spear against its shield twice, making a fairly loud tinging sound. "I am Tingting!" it says, which you note sounds vaguely like the sounds it just made. "Sell mighty armaments for those worthy. Aid those worthier in crafting items of great power. Sometimes buy worthy items, but only rarely! No rusty steel!"

Quick confirmation reveals that he is not interested in your clothes, and you have no money to speak of. You do notice several other creatures nearby who seem to be providing work, however. Maybe they could pay you?

((You're aware of all the deals offered to Tiruin, below.))

Standing up and ignoring the babble around him, Leandrio heads towards the inner regions of the cave to ask about the goings of nearby - news and such, if there was any deals to broker, or anything a fledgeling vampire could do.
The first being you notice is a fuscia-robed humanoid holding a crystal-topped staff. Its eyes are visible beneath its cowl, but nothing else.

"Greetings to you, I am the Broker. I handle transactions- information, mostly, but sometimes other deals. What might I interest you in today?"

Unfortunately, it occurs to you that you have no money to pay him with. He does offer you the free tip that you can make money by robbing villagers, or nearby patrons may have tasks they're willing to pay you in coin for. He'll also tell you about some things, usually about things that remain static, for free.

The first such patron is a hulking red demon. It stands like a gorilla, massive muscular arms planted to the ground.

"Am Gorat," it says in a deep, resonant, gravely voice. "Pay for many parts. Mostly pay in gold, sometimes reagents or materials. Gold useful for buying things, not all merchants take gold. Now need ten child's eyes. Pay 2 gold. Children small and easy to hunt."

The second is some sort of very fat ogre or troll. It sits on the ground, more or less a ball with legs poking out and an upper torso.

"Am Villus," it says, in a fairly vacant-sounding tone. "Pay for strange things. Mostly pay in materials, but sometimes reagents or gold. Materials good for building things. Now need silver plate. Pay 3 horse hides. Silver plates grow in human houses, me think. Must be big plate, not tiny one."

The third is a faintly insubstantial-looking skeleton in wispy, tattered robes that seem to flow like they're underwater. It wields a staff, and seems to be floating, bobbing gently like it's also underwater.

"I am Hecellia," it says, in a ghostly, echoing voice that sounds faintly feminine. "I pay for specific reagents. I usually pay in different reagents, but sometimes provide materials or gold instead. Reagents are useful for providing magical power. I am currently in need of three pieces of nightsbane. It is a plant found growing in darkness and especially evil, which looks like a collection of ash-grey, bladelike leaves growing from the ground. I will offer a minor coldstone crystal in exchange."

Action: Travel through the plains to the Crossroads with Annette. Once there, looking for a nice shadowy bar of drunken, easily coerced louts...
"I works mo betta alone, but I aint de one's to stop ya ya wan tag along. Lez head down to de crossroads, girl."
[2] All the taverns you find are fairly well-lit, and inhabited by people who look both more intelligent than a rock and less drunk than a... well, less drunk than you'd like.

>Examine my surroundings, then, if no interesting opportunities present themselves, head north along the road to Lightshade forest, keeping alert for any signs of travellers ahead. If I detect anyone, hide off to one side.
>The basic plan is to find some well-meaning traveller or group of travellers and pretend to be a travelling priest who was cruelly set upon and robbed. I will beg them to let me travel with them.
[6] You find a gaggle of traveling nuns. Huh.

[5] Your plan works flawlessly, and they let you travel with them, chatting idly with you and talking about how horrible that must have been.

Polyphemus stumbles out of the his little cave his true eyes wide open. His throat was itchy, it was time for some lunch.
> Head to the market in search of some drunken fools to snack on, and if I see any merchants selling books ask if I can take a peek.
[2] The market city's gates are closed for the night.

[5] You do discover a rather grand book merchant, however. [6] He allows you to see some of his books. In fact, he insists on showing you some of his favorites and asking questions about where you came from, what you do, and so on.

With a final patronizing glance at the lovebirds, he headed off towards the lowlands of Lourraine, keeping watch for any churches or other religious symbols along the way.
[5] You find a rather elegant church, largely of marble. It's quite exquisite, if a bit small. To be expected, of course, being off in the countryside and all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I've missed anything or made any mistakes, let me know. Caellath changed his special to a copy of Toughness, incidentally.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Night RTD (Turn 1: Offers and Holy Men)
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 06:47:59 pm »

((I put in a location, and finished the bio.))

Iustitia sneaks into the church, looks for its patron god or saint, then tries to remember that form. Afterwards, he heads off to the town in that form.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Night RTD (Turn 1: Offers and Holy Men)
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 07:01:30 pm »

Barkhorn will mosey on around, and ask if people need quick and easy favors, preferably for gold/gems/silver/trade goods. Preferably preferably not "Fetch X at Y" quests, either.

Loving the game so far.

Are you aiming at a very "serious" type of game-play, or is it more relaxed? (Silly shenanigans and doing stupid things for fun?)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5