Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Bloody Night RTD (Turn 3: Rudeness and Thugs)  (Read 8144 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Night RTD (Waiting on sheets)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 08:37:37 pm »

That character sheet evolved in a very organic fashion. I had no idea what I was going to play as at first, and I just wrote the name Vunkel Von Vonhome. Then I drew a little sketch of some weird looking guy in robes. So then he became a priest, etcetera...
I'm looking fowards to this. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Night RTD (Waiting on sheets)
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 11:06:29 pm »

Turn 0: Nightfall

Spoiler: Key (click to show/hide)

You all start in the dark, cool quiet of The Underworld. Night has fallen outside, meaning it's safe for you to venture forth again. The world isn't safe for you anymore- daylight is death, and those who know your secret mean to destroy you.

Still, hiding in this glorified cave isn't really a solution either, so you'll just have to be careful.

Iustitia Ombibus - A handsome, musclebound man with an almost literal glow about him.
Your power is Shapeshifting, allowing you to assume the guises of others or merely a more pleasing appearance yourself. You may currently alter portions of your appearance to be more in line with a given image.

Valenor Imanahan - A fine-looking man of noble bearing.
Your power is Everlasting Body, granting you a bonus to Dodge, the defense against melee attacks.

Barhorn - A friendly-looking man with pointed ears.
Your power is Charm, the ability to make others like you. You can currently become friendly acquaintances with neutral strangers relatively quickly.

Lady Genevieve Le Sombra - A beautiful woman with flowing black hair.
Your power is Hypnotism, the ability to enslave others' minds. You can currently plant simple suggestions in vulnerable targets' minds.

Polythemus - A tanned man with two colorless eyes and a third set in his forehead.
Your power is Perfect Sight, allowing you to remember every detail of that which you see. You can currently remember things especially well.

Annette Le Roy - A fiercely beautiful woman with a wild air about her.
Your power is Wildkin, the ability to converse and interact with beasts. You can currently make simple requests to friendly creatures that can be easily repaid.

Father Vunkel Von Vonhome - A squat, bald, rather ugly man.
Your power is Unnatural Mobility 1, the ability to maneuver with alarming agility. You can currently juke a novice trying to block you.

Spoiler: Lords of Night (click to show/hide)

Tiruin can come in whenever he gets around to it, I guess. :I
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody Night RTD (Turn 0: Nightfall)
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 11:31:09 pm »

Genevieve was having a horrible dream. In this dream, she was...not herself.

She wasn't a Vampire.

In this dream, she was just a peasant girl. She knew she was apt to be be married off by her father to a husband with heavy enough pockets. Her life was already decided. Marry young. Bear many children-watch her beauty wither. Work the fields for the sake of a man who did not love her. Suffer his indiscretion as he found someone younger. Die alone.

Genevieve woke up with a start. Thank goodness. All a dream. No. In this reality, she was a Vampiress-invincible, powerful, forever beautiful. She took what she want and felt no guilt, no remorse. Nothing at all. A predator among teeming masses of prey.

She rose from her cave nook, draining the last few drops of cold blood from the rabbit she had skinned. Damn. She needed more. More. Always more. Maybe something a bit less...poor. She enjoyed the blood of men more than beasts, generally. Handsome men if she could get them. Young women if not.

This hunger she feels...it never entirely goes away-she's starving even when she's full. Genevieve sometimes feels she could drink an ocean of blood and never be sated. It's all that drives her. That, and finding the Vampire who gave her the gift. Sometimes she dreams of him too, but can never quite make out his face...

Genevieve finds the others. She's always respected the one named "Annette Le Roy"-the woman of the sea was brave before she was reborn, and has no lack of courage now. They might make a good team. She approaches her-staying in the shadows, not threatening her overmuch. Vampires can be very unpredictable when faced with their own kind.

"Well...you are Annette, right? I am Genevieve.

Do you feel like a journey to the crossroads to find someone to eat?

Honestly...I'm starving. One woman travelling alone is an oddity. Two can be...loving sisters, travelling together."
She says, smiling, showing her fangs.

Genevieve could vividly recall her own real sisters cries for mercy as she took her blood and life.

They had gone unheeded.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 11:34:00 pm »

Barkhorn will explore around, and try to find something interesting.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 01:07:55 am »

Valenor's eyes opened slowly as he straightened up and sat on his coffin. His gaze moved around him, as if to check for any signs of trouble.

After confirming the calm environment he was in, he finally stood up and started to get dressed in a process that could be compared to a ritual, as he religiously repeated what he was taught by his "teacher". His hands deftly buttoned his white long-sleeved shirt, touching the fine cotton for a moment as if to remember the feeling before moving on to the black velvet vest and finally, his black tie and boots.

The fingers of one of his hands ran through his hair and got it in a ponytail as he scooped out a black cane out of his coffin, its top decorated with a silver sphere with the symbol of a rose. Valenor sighed as he started to walk away from his coffin, enjoying the cold night breeze as the sounds of the animals far way from the Underworld announced the coming of the night and the predators that came in its wake.

It was a night for him to hunt, and the air carried the soft smell of a promising night...He smirked a bit as he thought of his situation. Had not he been turned into a vampire, his life would be an endless stream of blandness and abuse as a peasant, being married to a woman out of convenience if he even managed to get enough possessions for that and on to top it, probably abusing alcohol and turning into a drunkard that comes back to his house only to remember his life is meaningless.

But as a vampire, he had hunger, he had desires, and he was taught how to cope with them, even while slightly disturbed by his new nature, and considering if his meaningless life wouldn't actually have been better...at least he would not have to murder and deceive. His appearance always got him complimented and he was known as a handsome man, which only rose more doubts. Was it only due to his nature as a vampire, because of his clothes or did he simply happen to be handsome? He could not believe the last one, unfortunately. Sighing, Valenor threw these thoughts aside; there are times for ranting, and that was not one of those moments.

Head to the crossroads through the plains and search for a solitary would-be mugger near an inn.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 01:24:56 am »

Within the cavern proper, there's several other vampires, numerous natural columns of stone, and several shadowy figures lurking about in the back. You get the feeling they're leisurely watching you.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 01:40:31 am »

Annette audibly sniffs at the tepid air, cracks her neck from side to side, and rolls backwards, crouching on her haunches, and glaring at the cautious stranger,

"Why you wanna talk ta me, girl? Dontcha know dat i's...dangerous?" A knowing smile flashes across her face.

"but den again, we's all's a dangerous bunch, ain't we?"

The smirk quickly returns to a cold stare,

"I works mo betta alone, but I aint de one's to stop ya ya wan tag along. Lez head down to de crossroads, girl."

Annette didn't trust this new companion. Unsurprising, since she'd never trusted anyone...not since him. If there was one thing he taught her, it was never to give away your trust freely.  At any rate, a capable vampire by her side could be easily used as a distraction if things got bad. Of course, Annette had no way of knowing if this woman was competent, but there was something different about her--something convincing.  She could be the most dangerous kind of colleague, or the most useful.

(I'm trying to make her accent seem like Cajun English, so forgive me for styling her voice like a cross between Gambit and the people from that Scooby-Doo movie)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 01:49:32 am »

Within the cavern proper, there's several other vampires, numerous natural columns of stone, and several shadowy figures lurking about in the back. You get the feeling they're leisurely watching you.

Uh...Was that my turn, or do I make a new one?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 01:53:15 am »

Uh...Was that my turn, or do I make a new one?
Your action didn't require/warrant a full turn, so I just dealt with it there. Feel free to keep doing stuff.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 01:55:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:14:57 am by Caerwyn »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 01:56:37 am »

You have noticed the map, yes?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 01:58:05 am »

Oh. Map? No, I didn't know. I have all images disabled, because my internet connection is super slow...

One second, please.

Ah, yes, I see it now.

I...Have no clue where I am!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 02:02:58 am by Caerwyn »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 02:06:07 am »

I...Have no clue where I am!
Purple blob. The "Key" spoiler should tell you most things, but you can ask questions if that doesn't cut it.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 02:09:29 am »

Mm. Didn't know I started there, I figured more of a forest-e town up north, surrounded by hills/mountains.

Is my action still valid?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 02:11:01 am »

Ehhh, sort of but not really. There is a nearest road you could head to, presumably the Crossroads, but there are no roads leading out of the Underworld, for fairly obvious reasons.

You might also want to actually do something once you arrive, since spending a turn merely traveling is rather a waste.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5