Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vampire/Necromancer Attributes  (Read 11007 times)

weedeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire/Necromancer Attributes
« on: July 18, 2012, 05:48:41 pm »

So, I've been wondering what exactly are the attribute gains upon becoming a vampire? I know that in the previous version, vampires got a boost to str/agi/tgh/end, but  their movement speed was fixed to pre-transformation levels. Does anyone have raw numbers for the attribute gains in the current version? Is it a flat increase, or a percentage? Really, I'd like to see the raws for vampires, and exactly what tags are added also (NO_PAIN, etc.)

Any info on this topic and the same kind of info on necromancers would be appreciated!

Circusdawg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf is tired
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire/Necromancer Attributes
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 07:59:02 pm »

necros don't feel pain or sleep eat or drink same with vampires only it ill bring your speed around 1300 Raise or lower And vampires don't even need to drink other peoples blood but if you need a drink then they will say DON'T TALK TO ME

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 08:24:52 pm »

Don't know about the RAWs but from experience I would say that necros do not get an attribute boost, except that they don't sleep eat or drink anymore.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 11:45:07 pm »

Necromancers do feel pain. Mine fainted from a chipped bone a few days ago. Also worth noting that they still need to breath unlike vampires.

They do not however need to eat or sleep. Nor do they appear to get exhausted in combat.

According to the example raw file these are the tags that get added to someone when they learn The Secrets: NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST

I'm not entirely sure what the last two do.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 01:59:41 am »

Necromancers do feel pain. Mine fainted from a chipped bone a few days ago. Also worth noting that they still need to breath unlike vampires.

They do not however need to eat or sleep. Nor do they appear to get exhausted in combat.

According to the example raw file these are the tags that get added to someone when they learn The Secrets: NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST

I'm not entirely sure what the last two do.
NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN
No physical attribute gain
Your physical attributes (strength, agility, etc.) cannot be increased.

NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST
No physical attribute rust
Your physical attributes cannot become "rusty."

weedeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »

Alright, some of this is useful information, but I'm still in the dark about the attribute gains on transformation (vampire.) I know that the attributes become fixed once you transform, but I was under the impression that there was also an initial gain. How else would vampire stats get crazy high?

Also, I believe that necromancers do in fact require sleep and do feel pain.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2012, 05:51:30 pm »

Also, I believe that necromancers do in fact require sleep and do feel pain.

Most of my adventurers so far were necros and while they do feel pain they definitely don't require sleep and don't get exhausted (I hacked at a BC for three days without problems).
Also they don't become night creatures, they still get attacked by bogeyman but zombies are neutral to them.

I also had necros migrate to forts and they never ate drank or slept in years. They had skill rust in skills that were not legendary, but physical attributes have not changed as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:56:23 pm by XXSockXX »

weedeat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 08:11:09 pm »

Awesome, yeah just confirmed no sleep for necros. Also, can anyone say for sure that the speed-limiting for vampires is not a bug in adventurer mode? I know that the tag that fixes speed was implemented to further conceal vampires in fortress mode. It would be fairly obvious to spot a dwarf moving twice as fast as your other dwarves. However, this doesn't really have any place in adventure mode and it seems like an unexpected consequence of this tag. Doesnt really make sense for my adventurer to move slower after transformation :P

Anyone know if Toady plans on fixing this, or should I just try and edit it out of the tag?

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 11:36:59 am »

NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN
Thanl god I waited till I had superdwarven agility, strength, toughness, willpower and other neat stuff before accidentally reading a necromancer journal.

Another thing about necros: They are suceptible to syndromes, though it seems random. I was covered in horrid filth for a long time and nothing happened, fast traveled to a titan shrine, also with horrid filth raining everywhere. Got caught in the titan´s poisonous vapors, still nothing.
Fast traveled again, more horrid filth, still nothing. Fast traveled yet again, got ambushed by kobolds, horrid filth still raining. And then suddenly my guy apears to be in pain, I check myself and my hands started to get blistered, which was causing from mild pain to extreme pain. A few seconds layer my whole body is blisters and Im fading in and out of conciousness, same with the kobolds, who got eaten by giant zombie grasshoppers.
Fast traveled for a final time and im rid of blisters and the horrid filth doesnt seem to do anything. Maybe its random the time the syndrome affects you or has something to do with disease resistance (average in my case).

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 11:46:43 am »

NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN
Thanl god I waited till I had superdwarven agility, strength, toughness, willpower and other neat stuff before accidentally reading a necromancer journal.

I think it means only that you don't gain attributes upon becoming a necro. In one game becoming a necro was one of the first things I did (by killing a necro bandit without zombies) and I still got everything up to superdwarven later.

Right, you can get syndromes as a necro. One of mine got a rotting syndrome after killing a demon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 07:02:33 pm »

Not supernatural ones though. Except curses, those get you no matter what.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 10:04:45 pm »

I think it means only that you don't gain attributes upon becoming a necro. In one game becoming a necro was one of the first things I did (by killing a necro bandit without zombies) and I still got everything up to superdwarven later.
You can gain other atribbutes other than the starting ones?

Not supernatural ones though. Except curses, those get you no matter what.
What supernatural syndromes are there? Vampirism, were-beast curses, and huskification?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 10:33:07 pm »

What supernatural syndromes are there? Vampirism, were-beast curses, and huskification?
All of those and curse curses. Ones given by disturbed dead that basically make your adventurer a living paperweight. And a terrible one at that. That curse'll get you no matter what.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 09:01:07 am »

Nah, its perfectly avoidable if you manage to stay in stealth mode long enough to cut off the mummie´s feet and hands, then he cant open doors and you can just leave him in a room while you loot stuff. Or just decapitate the bastard if you managed to get that far.

Stealth is key.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 09:16:14 am »

Nah, its perfectly avoidable if you manage to stay in stealth mode long enough to cut off the mummie´s feet and hands, then he cant open doors and you can just leave him in a room while you loot stuff. Or just decapitate the bastard if you managed to get that far.

Stealth is key.

1. If you're in a room with a mummy, despair. They're observant buggers. And the quantity of undead eyes that seek you are beyond number. One zombie spotting you and it's game over.
2. Decapitating the mummy involves getting near the ugly thing. Did I mention they're observant?
3. Taking their feet and hands off will simply make it evolve into an undead caterpillar hell bent on destroying everything with eye lasers.
They will still open doors.
Pages: [1] 2