Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: prosthetic limbs  (Read 5496 times)

LordFerrok

• Bay Watcher
  • Deranged raving lunatic with delusions of god
    • View Profile
prosthetic limbs
« on: July 17, 2012, 11:00:07 pm »

Now, we all know how it is extremely dwarfy to crawl around by one finger on one arm after haveing everything else chopped off by HFS, but they could be more dwarfy. Imagine, if silly humans can make functioning limbs out of weak plastic and thin metal, why then a dwarft should be able to make a perfect arm using rock and mechanism. Would anybody have a clue how to mod this into the game? I believe it could use the same system where a dwarf uses a crutch for a leg issue, except this would be permanite, and could be made out of metal, rock, wood, or bone, especialy hilarious if a prosthetic is made from the bone of the lost limb

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: prosthetic limbs
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:08:54 pm »

Impossible. We'll just have to live with crutches for now.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:31 pm »

I am not even sure if splints and crutches even HAVE raws.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

LordFerrok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 11:32:59 pm »

Im not saying the limbs would be like SPs and CRs, you know how when a leg is broken the dwarf will get a crutch, well the system would be if the dwarf loses a limb would get a prostetic one, and the limbs would be treated like a severed limb

DrunkenCaveOgre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 11:42:26 pm »

Well, I think a rock arm is a little overpowered. DF players would just keep amputating dwarves to make invincible granite golems

LordFerrok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 11:48:13 pm »

Well, I think a rock arm is a little overpowered. DF players would just keep amputating dwarves to make invincible granite golems

This is DF, we would do that just for fun, and besides, they would break in combat

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 11:52:03 pm »

This is DF, we would do that just for fun, and besides, they would break in combat

So no replacing UristMcBadass's surgically removed severed sword arm for a master-crafted Adamantine Arm? Awww...
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 11:53:32 pm »

Not with the current weapons system.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:36 am »

It's a long shot, but you might be able to do it with interactions & syndromes. Have a workshop reaction that consumes a prosthetic item, and gives an interaction that adds a limb to the dwarf subject. Don't know how to make it detect the missing limbs to replace.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:56 am »

Currently impossible, probably been suggested, Toady's responce unknown.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 05:10:54 am »

So no replacing UristMcBadass's surgically removed severed sword arm for a master-crafted Adamantine Arm? Awww...
Fact : Adamantine limbs are surprisingly fragile.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 08:28:39 am »

god damn, NO MAKING LIMBS OUT OF ROCK.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

LordFerrok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 09:27:51 pm »

You would need to use lead for everything to make a limb that could be used as a weapon, otherwise there is just not enough material to make a decent smash.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 09:31:55 pm »

No.  Amputate the entire dwarf, piece by piece, and replace them with prosthetic parts.  There should be no noticeable change in intelligence, and a massive increase in combat effectiveness and durability.

LordFerrok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 09:47:26 pm »

No.  Amputate the entire dwarf, piece by piece, and replace them with prosthetic parts.  There should be no noticeable change in intelligence, and a massive increase in combat effectiveness and durability.

unless you cut off the head, in which case the intelligence would increase
Pages: [1] 2