Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335236 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2700 on: January 02, 2013, 03:58:44 pm »

I meant more like killing off the party leadership and some percentage of the local party functionaries.

No point in diminishing our future work force :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: January 02, 2013, 04:12:58 pm »

You'd accomplish about as much as if you cut off a hydra's head.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: January 02, 2013, 07:50:40 pm »

Yeah, blunt weapons are better for hydras. After all, show me a being that can work with a broken neck or necks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: January 02, 2013, 08:35:17 pm »

Actually, in one version of the myth, Heracles used a club; the hydra's heads recovered just the same. Heracles smooshed the heads so well, they might as well have been removed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: January 03, 2013, 04:11:38 am »

Firstly, the american defense budget is over three Trillion dollars a year. So perhaps we should leave them alone....... (for now)
Secondly, Archaingel, how do those rifle-sized railguns work?
What ammunition do/could they use? How easy we're they to make? I am actually quite interested.
Thirdly, Slowpokes, I say go for it. If you put them in spoilers saying what it was relevent too, it should prevent us from getting too distracted.
Also: I've found it!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113857.0
Colonising other worlds- a poll. From absoulutely ages ago (Last post August 5th.)
For this reason it is probably a bad idea to post in it. Just really for reference purposes more than anything else.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: January 03, 2013, 04:17:36 am »

Firstly, the american defense budget is over three Trillion dollars a year. So perhaps we should leave them alone....... (for now)
It's only 600 billion. Where do you get the 3 trillion thing from.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: January 03, 2013, 07:25:15 am »

I honestly can't remember, so that probably means that you're right.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: January 03, 2013, 08:34:21 am »

It's only 600 billion. Where do you get the 3 trillion thing from.
$600 billion annually is still a couple billion times our budget. At least.
Sig

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #2708 on: January 03, 2013, 04:01:28 pm »

found some old stuff that never got posted when rummaging around my Df-folder.
Guess it's back from when Misko and DZA had their "powerstruggle".

But... The exact opposite of a good dwarven fort. Do I care if people want a larger cheese industry? No! Don't want a temple to Armok? Too fricking bad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know if there's really any point in posting this stuff but I believe I still got a shitload of titles to live up to :P {Department Head, Arts & Recreation. Hemp Quality Tester. Master engraver.}

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: January 03, 2013, 04:04:00 pm »

There is certainly a point in posting this. It's friggin awesome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: January 03, 2013, 04:14:28 pm »

There is certainly a point in posting this. It's friggin awesome.
I agree

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: January 03, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »

I second that motion

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: January 04, 2013, 01:21:00 am »

found some old stuff that never got posted when rummaging around my Df-folder.
Guess it's back from when Misko and DZA had their "powerstruggle".

But... The exact opposite of a good dwarven fort. Do I care if people want a larger cheese industry? No! Don't want a temple to Armok? Too fricking bad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't know if there's really any point in posting this stuff but I believe I still got a shitload of titles to live up to :P {Department Head, Arts & Recreation. Hemp Quality Tester. Master engraver.}
And I carry it. Let it be hence knowm that it is in fact, awesome, to a great degree.

Praise DZA.

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: January 04, 2013, 06:02:25 pm »

Golden pants factory on Mars...looks like I've gained another life goal to accomplish.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: January 05, 2013, 06:17:17 pm »

Oh, and if we have prisoners/criminals, I have a idea. I need test subjects for railguns, I am pretty sure that they can kill, but I could use data on how armor and flesh, distance,  size of rounds, and various other things effect the damage dealt. Also, if we have genetic engineers, I want skeletal wings, that have sharp points, and can move fast enough to kill with, a la Sarah Kerrigan.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 192