Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335333 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2610 on: December 07, 2012, 07:48:59 pm »

That's why we make a negative-fifth world country! Woo!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: December 07, 2012, 08:30:12 pm »

Um.
Many problems with that.

For starters, as I understand it, First World/Third World is a holdover from the old Cold War days. The USA and its allies were the First World, the USSR and its allies were the Second World, and the poor countries caught in the middle were the Third World. After the Cold War, pretty much everyone became "allied" with the US (since the USSR was a little too nonexistent to ally with), so there wasn't a Second World, and the Third World expanded to all poor areas.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: December 07, 2012, 08:37:40 pm »

So take over the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: December 07, 2012, 09:16:35 pm »

My plan to do that:

1. Establish legitimate moon base. Main industries: Power (a band of solar panels around the equator, beamed to Earth via some kind of microwaving satellite), Tourism, Specialty Agriculture.
2. Build secret railguns of epic proportion. Prototypes may be used to reduce the price of exporting goods.
3. Supervillainey Time: Threaten world with railguns. Destroy military bases, especially ones far from civilian population centers or housing spacecraft.
4. With the fate of their biggest cities held hostage and no way to stop us befor firing--nor any way they could save more than a couple cities if we fired--Earth surrenders.
5. We rule better than most of Earth is ruled, abolish war, etc, so people accept us as a good, legitimate government.
6. Who knows? We've already had the "Profit" step. Maybe develop a feasible means of interstellar transport?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: December 07, 2012, 09:24:46 pm »

My plan to do that:

1. Establish legitimate moon base. Main industries: Power (a band of solar panels around the equator, beamed to Earth via some kind of microwaving satellite), Tourism, Specialty Agriculture.
2. Build secret railguns of epic proportion. Prototypes may be used to reduce the price of exporting goods.
3. Supervillainey Time: Threaten world with railguns. Destroy military bases, especially ones far from civilian population centers or housing spacecraft.
4. With the fate of their biggest cities held hostage and no way to stop us befor firing--nor any way they could save more than a couple cities if we fired--Earth surrenders.
5. We rule better than most of Earth is ruled, abolish war, etc, so people accept us as a good, legitimate government.
6) colonize solar system.
7) conquer milky way galaxy.
8) conquer local galactic cluster.
9,10,11,etc) conquer next largest classification.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: December 07, 2012, 09:27:10 pm »

My plan to do that:

6) colonize solar system.
7) conquer milky way galaxy.
8) conquer local galactic cluster.
9,10,11,etc) conquer next largest classification.
Acceptable. But it's long-term.
Sig

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: December 07, 2012, 09:31:15 pm »

GWG, The thing is the world were also divided up into (And I have a 60's era handbook on geopolitics so i Know) Free World, Slave World, and the other guys. Tito mostly. Also techinally communist  :P

Anyway, a analogous entity could be the allys opposed to US interest in all shapes, i.e., quite possibly Syria, Iran, Russia, China, all those wonderful people.

The Leader of the third world, if Neutrality is the Definition, is therefore switzerland.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: December 07, 2012, 09:32:20 pm »

Was, not Is.

And I don't really care, my point was about how stupid the "-5th world" is as a concept.
Sig

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: December 07, 2012, 09:33:45 pm »

Perhaps the 4th world is aliens. Or us, assuming we get that far.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: December 08, 2012, 03:30:39 am »

Last thing I heard the fourth world were the poor in the rich First world countries.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: December 08, 2012, 07:56:23 am »

World 9 3/4 is composed of English train stations.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: December 08, 2012, 08:33:13 am »

But then what is the second world?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: December 08, 2012, 09:59:43 am »

The one where you pay with Linden Dollars, obviously. (They're communists, they just act capitalist. It's all a conspiracy!)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: December 08, 2012, 10:43:38 am »

Was, not Is.

And I don't really care, my point was about how stupid the "-5th world" is as a concept.
'Ey! If you criticize my stupidity again, Ah kick you in the nuts!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: December 08, 2012, 11:39:35 am »

AHblabla!

Please keep on topics.

So, Third worlders. Hmm. I would prefer a European Country, because most of us are white, and therefore taking over a country of one of the lower countries. Anyway. Maybe a Latin american country too, I bet we could take out one of them without too many problems.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 192