Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335524 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2505 on: November 21, 2012, 12:03:00 pm »

The Palestinian rockets have the computing targeting power of a tenth of a Tom-Tom satnav.
Most of them missed.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: November 21, 2012, 12:07:38 pm »

The Palestinian rockets have the computing targeting power of a tenth of a Tom-Tom satnav.
Most of them missed.
The Palestinian rockets don't have a target computer. They have the accuracy of a bottle rocket with a grenade strapped on.

Though note that even then only 25-50% of the missiles is intercepted.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: November 21, 2012, 12:09:45 pm »

We must calculate the inevitable intergalactic war with the Catgirl space fleet into this!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: November 21, 2012, 12:11:26 pm »

Most of them missed.
The Palestinian rockets don't have a target computer. They have the accuracy of a bottle rocket with a grenade strapped on.

Ah. I must have been thinking of some other missiles.
Also, what is the practical viability of using a bottle rockets with grenades strapped on as weapons? Our budget might stretch that far...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:13:04 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: November 21, 2012, 12:12:31 pm »

We must calculate the inevitable intergalactic war with the Catgirl space fleet into this!
Don't go rushing things, we 're currently contemplating how to get to the DDR, let alone get to space.

As for an intergalactic Catgirl war. Hairballs + delicate machinery+ no gravity= Problem solved.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: November 21, 2012, 12:14:09 pm »

Most of them missed.

Ah. I must have been thinking of some other missiles.
Also, what is the practical viability of using a bottle rockets with grenades strapped on as weapons? Our budget might stretch that far...
Not that well, unless you plan to bomb your own position.

However, the Palestinian rockets are propelled by a mixture of sugar and fertilizer. I think we can manage that.

Edit: Though those rockets are not particulary effective. From what I can see here, they have a more or less 1-1 wound ratio. (Ie, 1 palestinian wounded by failed launches for every Iranian wounded)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:16:04 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: November 21, 2012, 12:16:41 pm »

Don't go rushing things, we 're currently contemplating how to get to the DDR, let alone get to space.
Taking over the DDR might be difficult - does anyone have a time machine? :P
But taking over Eastern Germany might be a good idea - no one in the relevant parts would care, anyway.

Are you still updating Clockwork Empires?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: November 21, 2012, 04:02:38 pm »

The DRC is failing. The Rebels in the east seized the Eastern Economic capital of Goma. Riots have sprung up all over the country.

I don't think we can compete with these rebels.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: November 21, 2012, 04:07:34 pm »

We don't need to compete. By the time we can put this plan into action one side wil probably have one anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: November 21, 2012, 04:54:57 pm »

...And then we'd need to defeat it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: November 22, 2012, 10:25:10 am »

Mah boi, we need to mine all the way under the DRC, and then when the time comes, we cut down the last support holding it up. I mean this metaphorically of course. Have any of you played Just Cause 2?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: November 22, 2012, 12:48:11 pm »

Elaborate.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: November 22, 2012, 01:55:04 pm »

Well, digging a hole that big would 1: Take a long time, 2: hit several underground things and 3: wouldn't leave a DRC to rule over.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: November 22, 2012, 02:58:24 pm »

According to the news, there are only 3000 rebels Total. And they just took Goma from both the government and the UN army. They're preparing to march on Khinshasa, Le Capital.

Holy Shit we could actually do this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: November 22, 2012, 06:58:46 pm »

We'd still probably be outnumbered, outgunned, and outtrained, not to mention across the Atlantic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 192