Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335104 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2280 on: October 11, 2012, 05:53:09 pm »

Wouldn't it make more sense to focus on Luna first, though? Closer, so we don't have to expend as many resources to get there. Lower gravity, which would make launches easier.
No. Too much scrutiny. Other Humans have been there, and can fuck up our plans bad. Besides, it would be visible from earth, almost to the naked eye, and certainly to telescopes. Do we really need that when we're bust breeding eldritch monstrosities?
Oh, please. How would we wage a war on Earth from Luna?
Our main base wouldn't be there, just some farms, generators, a resort, and two or three devastating weapons.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 11, 2012, 05:53:54 pm »

Look at the first page. I'm listed as being in charge of the Engineering Corps.

God dammit.

Sorry bout that  ::)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 11, 2012, 05:54:56 pm »

S'all right. Happens to everyone every now and again.

Also, Listening to The Gaslight Anthem, and their music seems to strangely sync up with your avatar for some reason.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 12, 2012, 09:34:50 pm »

Any idea's for the next poll?
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 12, 2012, 10:21:15 pm »

What kind of ship we will use.

Heavily armed and armored,

Light and fast,

Balanced,

Etc. The rest of the ship ideas are up to Waffle.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 12, 2012, 10:36:36 pm »

Ohh, Um. Hmm. Perhaps methods of making money. Possibilities include, but are not limited too: Kickstarter, Buisness investors, The Chinese, some sort of small scale store, probably selling moon juice, stealing it, Whatever...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 12, 2012, 10:48:19 pm »

Moon base.
Power. We could export electricity.
Hydrogen-3. Fusion's 20 years away and going to stay there a while, but H3 is still valuable.
Tourism. Need I say more?

As to ships: Start out focusing on cheapness, reliability, and fuel efficiency. Speed is more a factor of what orbits you use and how much you put into acceleration than anything.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 13, 2012, 02:43:05 am »

Moon base.
Hydrogen-3. Fusion's 20 years away and going to stay there a while, but H3 is still valuable.

As to ships: Start out focusing on cheapness, reliability, and fuel efficiency. Speed is more a factor of what orbits you use and how much you put into acceleration than anything.
Hydrogen 3 is not found on the moon, or can be made cheaper in labratories

Helium-3 is. Common mistake. Point is that one is used for first Gen fusion, the other for second gen.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 13, 2012, 09:22:03 am »

Moon base.

Helium-3 is. Common mistake. Point is that one is used for first Gen fusion, the other for second gen.
My mistake. It's still present in lunar rocks in proportions of one to fifty parts per billion, and worth around $2,000 per liter. Processing lunar rock for He3 should prove profitable. Perhaps not enough to pay for the whole lunar base, but enough to make the industry a worthwhile addition to organic foods, power, and tourism.
Sig

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 13, 2012, 10:09:40 am »

Moon base.

My mistake. It's still present in lunar rocks in proportions of one to fifty parts per billion, and worth around $2,000 per liter. Processing lunar rock for He3 should prove profitable. Perhaps not enough to pay for the whole lunar base, but enough to make the industry a worthwhile addition to organic foods, power, and tourism.
This. But what if we were to suck Luna dry of helium 3, and there was none left to mine?
(And can that happen? I don't know that much about the moon.)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 13, 2012, 10:12:51 am »

Moon base.

This. But what if we were to suck Luna dry of helium 3, and there was none left to mine?
We can run out of water on earth if we use it all up, but it'll last us quite some time - I'd think the same applies to moon helium.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 13, 2012, 10:24:29 am »

Moon base.

We can run out of water on earth if we use it all up, but it'll last us quite some time - I'd think the same applies to moon helium.
Actually, the Earth can't run out of water. Wether it rains into the ground, freezes, gets pissed out, or whatever, it always finds its way back into the sky as a cloud, and gets recycled again. The only exception is when you take it off the planet.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 13, 2012, 10:58:09 am »

I have devised a new rocket tek...
We make a giant bouncyball ans bounce our way into space
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 13, 2012, 11:05:17 am »

Moon base.

A better analogy might be geothermal power. We could use up all of the core's heat, but it's not likely.

Cyrano de Bergerac had better ideas to get to the moon than that!
Especially the locust-rocket one.
Sig

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 13, 2012, 11:06:52 am »

* Vorthon facepalms.

That is a perfect example of why you leave rocket design to the engineers.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 192