Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 334999 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2175 on: September 29, 2012, 09:34:40 pm »

Guys, I came up with a idea! plants need carbon dioxide, and mars' atmosphere is mostly C02, so if we 1: Made it actually freaking capable of raining water, and 2: Make it not as cold(pretty much the same thing as 1 in this case.)
We then can get plants like kudzu and BOOM! OXYGEN!
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: September 29, 2012, 09:39:51 pm »

Why kudzu and not wheat, oak, grapes, or something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: September 30, 2012, 03:42:37 am »

Guys, I came up with a idea! plants need carbon dioxide, and mars' atmosphere is mostly C02, so if we 1: Made it actually freaking capable of raining water, and 2: Make it not as cold(pretty much the same thing as 1 in this case.)
Mars athmosphere is sadly mostly non existant. Your plants can't survive due to the extremely low pressure. This also prevents rain and partially causes the extremely low temperatures. Also, Mars hasn't got a decent soil. It's just infertile dirt and rocks.

I'd say we stick to NASA's 1500 year plan.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: September 30, 2012, 04:16:34 am »

Changing the subject, does anyone know what the hell ever happened to Logistcs? Or Acetech for that matter? Did they both just simaltainiously die?
I have absolutely no idea.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: September 30, 2012, 04:18:19 am »

Changing the subject, does anyone know what the hell ever happened to Logistcs? Or Acetech for that matter? Did they both just simaltainiously die?
I have absolutely no idea.
They got buried in the thread. Forumgames moves faster than general discussion.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: September 30, 2012, 04:19:01 am »

It doesnt have much use anymore tough, this thread is alot more tame then it used to be. Bumping it up wont be of much use.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: September 30, 2012, 06:20:37 am »

Mars athmosphere is sadly mostly non existant. Your plants can't survive due to the extremely low pressure. This also prevents rain and partially causes the extremely low temperatures. Also, Mars hasn't got a decent soil. It's just infertile dirt and rocks.

How hard would it be to engineer a lichen that could survive in low pressure?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: September 30, 2012, 06:32:16 am »

Pretty sure those already exist. So, pretty trivial.

I also know that some types of conifers can survive in absurdly low temperature/ oxygen/ air situations . While Mars is a bit too hard, they should be growing quite well after only minor terraforming.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: September 30, 2012, 07:20:03 am »

Hey. Stop muscling in on my territory! :P

Anywhozits, I say we start with asteroids. Just because.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: September 30, 2012, 02:35:50 pm »

WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: September 30, 2012, 02:37:55 pm »

Just get some extremofiles.

Another problem might be if it is ethical to deploy these lifeforms on Mars. We might be destroying an entire ecosystem. We might kill the first extraterrestial live we ever meet.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: September 30, 2012, 02:45:43 pm »

... Non-sentient life. Which we could keep in laboratories. Or biodomes containing a replica of the pre-terraformed Martian environment.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: September 30, 2012, 03:17:20 pm »

Another problem might be if it is ethical to deploy these lifeforms on Mars. We might be destroying an entire ecosystem. We might kill the first extraterrestial live we ever meet.
Every survey and probe and robot has shown that there is no life on Mars bigger than a bacterium. Currently.
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: September 30, 2012, 03:25:30 pm »

Every survey and probe and robot has shown that there is no life on Mars bigger than a bacterium. Currently.
And since when are bacteria not important.

... Non-sentient life. Which we could keep in laboratories. Or biodomes containing a replica of the pre-terraformed Martian environment.

Problem is that first we'd have to check the entire surface for live to conserve and capture . If we dropped terraforming species, it might kill things we don't even know are there.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: September 30, 2012, 04:23:40 pm »

And since when are bacteria not important.

Problem is that first we'd have to check the entire surface for live to conserve and capture . If we dropped terraforming species, it might kill things we don't even know are there.
Ethical? There was a ecret service watchlist of people around not too long ago, and now I guess you're on it...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 192