Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335074 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2115 on: September 26, 2012, 05:57:17 pm »

On sattelite hijacking - why not manipulate the GPS sattelites into giving information that is slightly... off? That's not a major modification, but quite a few sailors will notice that the Panama canal seems awfully cold that time of year.
Apparantly, if a GPS satellite is a cm (or something) off, that equates to about 2m on the ground (I think).
Seriously? So then a meter is 2 km, wow. We do a whole lot of damage.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: September 27, 2012, 02:59:19 pm »

WEAPONIZING THE MOON, WEAPONIZING THE MOON...

BINGO! We threaten to demolish moon or crash it into earth.
Just demolishing / stealing it would muck up the tides, etc.
This. This this this x10000. We could just borrow a few billion from China and use it to destroy them with there very own moon! Im for this idea.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 27, 2012, 03:18:23 pm »

We really need to make a timeline for the 1st page, with links to events and the pages.
(examples include, say, x joins (pg. x) and, of course, THE EXPULSION TO THE LOWER BOARDS.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: September 27, 2012, 04:55:17 pm »

This. This this this x10000. We could just borrow a few billion from China and use it to destroy them with there very own moon! Im for this idea.
It would probably take hundreds of billions, if not trillions, which we'll need for the Martian base. Also it would reduce known macroscopic life to what we already had on Mars, plus the people on the ISS.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: September 27, 2012, 05:02:30 pm »

I'd much prefer inheriting an Earth that isn't a useless cluster of uninhabitable space rock. Plus, what ever happened to the idea of the lunar resort?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: September 27, 2012, 05:11:47 pm »

It would probably take hundreds of billions, if not trillions, which we'll need for the Martian base. Also it would reduce known macroscopic life to what we already had on Mars, plus the people on the ISS.
Plus, it would also wipe out most microscopic life, boil all the oceans, and make a massive wave of burning rock that would consume the globe. Its happened before, thankfully no when there ws any macroscopic life to kill off, but it nearly extincted all life, thank god for cavern dwelling microorganisms.

" title="Hosted by imgur.com

Thats not water going up, thats rock. I cannot find that documentary series I watched, but It had a lovely rendition of what would happen if it occured today striking, indonesia. It vaporised japan, thena the wave of death and doom covered the earth in twelve hours. No one got to see the wave of death, as the heat killed you long before then. It ends by vaporizing the Amazon jungle.

That is not the most efficient use of the Moon.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 27, 2012, 05:16:21 pm »

I'd much prefer inheriting an Earth that isn't a useless cluster of uninhabitable space rock. Plus, what ever happened to the idea of the lunar resort?
it would take moer then that to destroy earth, but It would still wipe out all possibility of life for 10,000 years. Then, the oceans start raining down. That will take a long time.

If we wanted to wipe out all life, we could just rig up a multi-stage plutonium-cobalt nuclear weapon, and send that flying. Do the same thing, and we'd get earth back in 90 years, give or take 5 years.I'd be cheaper, and less wantonly destructive.

Besides, what ever happened to the gauss cannon? Or the Mustard gas Dirty bomb?

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: September 27, 2012, 05:23:33 pm »

that's why I said THREATEN to blow up moon. If we can make the threat convincing, and make them think we're crazy enough to do it (we farm mermaids for fun, that should be easy)
We could make an ultimatum: give us the earth or see it destroyed.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: September 27, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »

that's why I said THREATEN to blow up moon. If we can make the threat convincing, and make them think we're crazy enough to do it (we farm mermaids for fun, that should be easy)
Are you Sure? If I was president, I'd say no until I sw some convincing moves towards, it. Then, I'd infiltrate the organization, stage a coup or massive attack, defeat the martians, get re-elected, Go down i History as the man who won America the moon.

Thre are alot of people who'd resist unless you could make the argument that you are going to do it. There will be some who resist even then.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: September 27, 2012, 05:29:22 pm »

Why the hell would we want Earth? It's dinky little garden world. We could have the whole freaking solar system.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: September 27, 2012, 05:32:22 pm »

1) Its ability to harbor life is a rarity within the galaxy (if not the universe).

2) Has a plethora of resources.

3) All my shit is there.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: September 27, 2012, 05:38:19 pm »

1) Terraforming/Orbital Habitats. Plus, life-bearing worlds might actually be quite common in the galaxy. We just haven't looked at enough solar systems yet.
2) Asteroids and comets
3) Take your stuff off Earth, and put it somewhere else.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: September 27, 2012, 05:39:55 pm »

I think we have a long term goal now.

Maybe not giant robots with Earth mounted on it (although that would also be amazing, if there's ever a conceivable way to build and power something that large), but some way of firing celestial bodies at other celestial bodies at extremely high speeds. And then find aliens and fling stars at them, if they won't play nice.

But that's probably a couple of millenia away.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: September 27, 2012, 05:46:55 pm »

Why the hell would we want Earth? It's dinky little garden world. We could have the whole freaking solar system.
All the Humans are there. Frankly, the idea of The entire DNA pool of the human race being what, 40 people? is depressing. Besides, Slave labor, and reporoduction. NOT, TOGETHER.

I think we have a long term goal now.

Maybe not giant robots with Earth mounted on it (although that would also be amazing, if there's ever a conceivable way to build and power something that large), but some way of firing celestial bodies at other celestial bodies at extremely high speeds. And then find aliens and fling stars at them, if they won't play nice.

But that's probably a couple of millenia away.

I don't understanf anything here.

1) Terraforming/Orbital Habitats. Plus, life-bearing worlds might actually be quite common in the galaxy. We just haven't looked at enough solar systems yet.
2) Asteroids and comets

Keep it all in a realistic time frame. When We find these planets, we may all be dead. Think about this rationally: We'd be destroying a perfectly good home using all of our resiurces, and all we'd have left would be mars. If something god forbid should happen, We wouldn't kill everyone.

3) All my shit is there.
My shit is here too.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: September 27, 2012, 05:49:14 pm »

1) Its ability to harbor life is a rarity within the galaxy (if not the universe).

2) Has a plethora of resources.

3) All my shit is there.
Also, all the humans are there. Do we have enough people to repopulate the human race?

2) Asteroids and comets
1. Hm, we don't seem to have any interstellar craft or evidence of nearby life-bearing worlds...let's not burn down the only house in town we know is safe!
3. That's expensive.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 192