Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335186 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2010 on: September 20, 2012, 07:05:08 am »

How about you make Jello out of the powdered cow bones and sell it as rhinoceros horn jello?
My wooden badge was delicious.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: September 20, 2012, 12:53:29 pm »

Again, fake rhino horn powder. None of the trouble, all of the effect (which is none, too, btw).

Still agreeing with that. Don't want to sound like an elf, but we are far from ready to be sieged by Humans. And rhinos are good allies.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: September 20, 2012, 12:56:18 pm »

Yeah. Fake rhino horn powder is a great idea.
And i'm from Belgium... So yeah, i have no idea if people of Congo would hate me or love me, or go "meh".

The main problem with DRC is that they speak french. A native french speaker will almost never use another language.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: September 20, 2012, 01:14:51 pm »

Yeah. Fake rhino horn powder is a great idea.
And i'm from Belgium... So yeah, i have no idea if people of Congo would hate me or love me, or go "meh".
I dunno either. At one side, during the existance of the Congolian Free state(which was at that time privately owned by Leopold II) the population dropped by about 15% to 50%, but during the actual Belgian Colonial regime things weren't that bad.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: September 20, 2012, 01:29:35 pm »

How much would holding a poll in Congo to who they like most cost?
If they vote wizards, we'll have to buy wizard suits tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: September 20, 2012, 03:04:22 pm »

How much would holding a poll in Congo to who they like most cost?
If they vote wizards, we'll have to buy wizard suits tough.
Right now, they're quite likely to vote chinese. The chinese have been heavily investing in african countries af of late.

Is anyone here chinese?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: September 20, 2012, 03:06:45 pm »

The Chinese have been investing in everyone a lot lately. I believe they own significant part of both European and American debts, and other such things.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:11:31 pm by 10ebbor10 »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: September 20, 2012, 03:08:52 pm »

The Chinesea have been investing in everyone a lot lately. I believe they own significant part of both European and American debts, and other such things.
Yes, why just theother day I was reading about how they were investing in greenland to get at its valuable rare-earth metals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: September 20, 2012, 03:11:56 pm »

The Chinesea have been investing in everyone a lot lately. I believe they own significant part of both European and American debts, and other such things.
Yes, why just theother day I was reading about how they were investing in greenland to get at its valuable rare-earth metals.
Smart idea, since they already own 80% of the current production.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: September 20, 2012, 03:13:21 pm »

Yes, since its so important for advanced technology, and the US would have a large supply right next door. The US could stand to be wiser about this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: September 20, 2012, 03:15:56 pm »

Yes, since its so important for advanced technology, and the US would have a large supply right next door. The US could stand to be wiser about this.
The US has it's own mine they are reopening right now, and there are also mines in Australia coming up in the next years. Rare Earths are everywhere, most deposits just aren't viable.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: September 21, 2012, 02:08:46 am »

The US has it's own mine they are reopening right now, and there are also mines in Australia coming up in the next years. Rare Earths are everywhere, most deposits just aren't viable.
Hasn't the price dropped, like, a lot recently? Feeling kinda sorry for all the poor sods that invested in that stuff...
Idea for financing: Invest in some resource that is only produced in a very few places, then interfere with production there to see prices soar.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 21, 2012, 10:08:37 am »

Hasn't the price dropped, like, a lot recently? Feeling kinda sorry for all the poor sods that invested in that stuff...
Idea for financing: Invest in some resource that is only produced in a very few places, then interfere with production there to see prices soar.
Yeah, but it was to be expected. Rising with more than 400% over the past 2 years isn't normal.  I think they are 1/3 down towards normal levels.

Though, to be fair, it's an artificial pricedop, caused by a dumping of inventories due to a steep decline in demand, because most of the industries moved to China, which controls 90% of the production. There are still shortages, but compagnies just don't want to use Rare Earths anymore.(Not for those prices)

As for investing in stuff. WHy don't we just invest in things of which we know the price will soar, due to shortages. Examples are oil, water, phosphates, copper,...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:12:09 am by 10ebbor10 »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 21, 2012, 12:18:04 pm »

HEY, WAIT! if the USA has trillions of national debt, we could just borrow money from China once we've taken over DRC!!!!
We probably wouldn't get away with trillions, but billions would work fine.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: September 21, 2012, 12:45:29 pm »

Don't forget that we're working on getting a base amount of money. Investing in expensive stuff needs a lot of money. We can do that AFTER we manage to actually get settled.

Personally, I think weapons always work.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 192