Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335207 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1995 on: September 19, 2012, 01:04:39 pm »

We could unite the rebellions.
AKA, kill their leaders and gain control.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 19, 2012, 02:03:37 pm »

rhino vs polerbear
who would win

Also why is farming rhinos bad?
we farm cows.
I honestly don't see a problem farming them because it will drasticly lower horn price so pochers will have no reson to kill them.
We solve more problems farming them.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 19, 2012, 02:46:07 pm »

Another con is their limited flight high, flight operation, and horrible steering. They are not that easy to repair either. The wires need to be calibrated perfectly, as wrong calibration might result in failure and loss of the plane. The weaponry is also hard to calibrate, as wrong calibration causes the machine gun to hit the propellor. Also, most modern bullets pack quite a punch, they can just tear of your entire wing in a few hits.

I am fully against rhino farming. It's yet another 'and this is why we must destroy them, mr. President/Prime minister/ dictator.' Just waiting to happen.
What, we are saving an near extinct species(no reason to shoot one whitout horn) and making a profit. Hell, we can even do the selling on the black market and then we'd be following standard procedures.

If we're going to have an airforce, I propose we hold on to our dirigibles, and invest in cheap interception technology. (A tight network of iron chains stops most rockets on a safe distance. And flak can stop fighters.) For fighters we use whatever we can get out hands on cheapily.
Dirgibles? Biplanes? We don't we just get foot operated helicopters and call it a day. Seriously, the most half-assed army on earth could finish off our airforce. Do yoiu know how many hand-operated SAMs there are? Enough that we wouldn't last very long.

I like the idea of vehicles, as we learned from Syria that aircraft can easily turn tides,  but not ones that a random dude wit a home-made RPG could shoot down.

Corruption? Rebellions? Good. We can exploit both of those. All we need now is a reason that any rebels would want to listen to us. Anyone here from the Congo? Because as of right nw we are a bunch of foreigners attempting to take over their country. I doubt they'd appreciate it, no matter how much of a improvement it is.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 03:03:41 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 19, 2012, 03:00:32 pm »

Dirigibles have certain advantages. They can hover and don't use as much fuel as helicopters. We'd just need to invest in anti-anti-air (point defense and such).
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 19, 2012, 03:06:52 pm »

Lasers. Lasers are the answer. That, or railguns.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 19, 2012, 03:09:41 pm »

Lasers. Lasers are the answer. That, or railguns.
Napalm can be usefull too in a jungle environement. But then again, considering it is our jungle environment, it might be wiser to keep to conventional weaponry.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 19, 2012, 04:07:48 pm »

1.I meant biplanes as a temporary solution.
2. Rhino farming is just.... Don't.
3. We have no lasers, or railguns. We have enough money to buy a plane ticket or two out there.
4. a) setting jungles on fire will not help anything.
    b) napalm sticks to kiddies too.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: September 19, 2012, 05:21:29 pm »

I still say railguns or coilguns. Somebody here has to have some engineering know-how. Build 'em ourselves. Out of junk.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 19, 2012, 05:25:36 pm »

I still say railguns or coilguns. Somebody here has to have some engineering know-how. Build 'em ourselves. Out of junk.
Okay, but considering our total cash balance is $170, Thats expensive junk.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 19, 2012, 07:22:32 pm »

Okay, but considering our total cash balance is $170, Thats expensive junk.
We need money. I have said it a million times and il say it again, we need a cool original idea, make a proxy company then get some rich guy to buy it for a few million.

Oh and by the way, technicaly we actuly have more money then the U.S, because of there trillions in loans.

Thats actuly a good idea, we loan a ball-ton of money then just use it to destroy the people we loaned it from! Brilliant!
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 19, 2012, 07:23:39 pm »

How about we make little trinkets? There's plenty of saps who love little trinkets.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 19, 2012, 07:38:08 pm »

How about ☼Rhinoceros Horn Figurines☼?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 19, 2012, 11:13:21 pm »

Rhinoceros live up to 15 years in captivity, according to this trustable source

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 20, 2012, 12:09:19 am »

Rhinoceros live up to 15 years in captivity, according to this trustable source
Why would we capture them. We can just let them run around in a wildlifepark, with sensors attached so we can harvest their horns before the others get a chance.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:26:46 am by 10ebbor10 »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 20, 2012, 03:19:53 am »

Again, fake rhino horn powder. None of the trouble, all of the effect (which is none, too, btw).
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 192