Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335491 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1815 on: September 11, 2012, 03:42:45 pm »

We would of course need the support of the locals. A good way to ensure that would be schools, employment, infrastructure projects etc.

Pros: Not having a guerilla movement in our area, more and more loyal soldiers, good PR
Cons: Expensive
Pros outweigh cons. What good is saved money if we need to use it to hire mercenaries and deal with guerillas?
And to be fair, infrastructure in for example Congo, is nearly non existent, because it gets bombed/ destroyed every so often. So we can solve multiple problems at once.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: September 11, 2012, 04:02:03 pm »

Alright, get weapons from the russians, bribe some people in the western part to set up camp, crush all resistance, be kind to the people. Sounds straightforward?

New question: What will be the standard weapon?
I facor russian rifles myself. How about the new AN-94? listed as a quantem leap from the AK 47.
The key improvement of the AN-94 over the AK-74 is the introduction of the 2-rounds burst mode, added to the standard single shots andfull auto mode.
No idea what that means, but it sounds impressive. btw, This website appears to have a extensive knowledge of firearms.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: September 11, 2012, 05:54:46 pm »

Alright, get weapons from the russians, bribe some people in the western part to set up camp, crush all resistance, be kind to the people. Sounds straightforward?

New question: What will be the standard weapon?
I would normally prefer the AK47 for an assault rifle (It's cheap to buy, easy to shoot and powerful), SPAS-12 for a shotgun, and M1911 Colt or Python for a sidearm. We could also use sniper rifles. We'd also need heavy-artillery weapons like the RPG-7 and / or some type of mini-gun for anti armor.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: September 12, 2012, 10:37:51 am »

Remember, a war can take a very long time. We'll have to adapt our standard firearms over time, because we sure as hell wont be taking off until 2050.
(unless we can aquire some NASA plans, or have some fast major breaktroughs.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: September 12, 2012, 10:40:57 am »

The key improvement of the AN-94 over the AK-74 is the introduction of the 2-rounds burst mode, added to the standard single shots andfull auto mode.
No idea what that means, but it sounds impressive. btw, This website appears to have a extensive knowledge of firearms.

Simply put, it means that you can have it fire two rounds per trigger pull, one round per trigger pull, or continuous fire.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: September 12, 2012, 11:08:50 am »

---MADPLANS BUDGET REPORT---
Current budget: £0

---END REPORT---
Considering our budget, I'd consider it lucky if we get WWII antiques.
I still disagree on Congo, due to relations with US, but will agree if that is the general opinion.
Also, we still need to find some Latin mottos for our departments.
Please submit your ideas as follows:
carpe jugulam(go for the throat)
We can then have a poll on it, possibly after I've narrowed it down.
Also, we are not attempting a war. We are attempting a (military) coup.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: September 12, 2012, 11:17:40 am »

I feel like I should note that there are two congos.  The 'democratic republic of the Congo' and another to the west.  I am not sure which one was referred to on Wikipedia.

Spoiler: Huge Image (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: September 12, 2012, 11:23:54 am »

I always referred to the DRC, and most links do so too. I'm pretty sure the info is right.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: September 12, 2012, 06:14:16 pm »

Carpe jugulam sounds about right. Go for it!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: September 13, 2012, 03:09:52 pm »

Carpe jugulam sounds about right. Go for it!
* carpe jugulam will be embroidered on the left shoulder of the MADPLANS parade uniform for all ranks - when we have the funds to worry about stuff like that*
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: September 13, 2012, 03:13:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure it should be Carpe Jugulum. That's what the Terry pratchett novel we're stealing it from is named anyway.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 13, 2012, 04:27:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure it should be Carpe Jugulum. That's what the Terry pratchett novel we're stealing it from is named anyway.
Checked on google translate, you're right.
Jugulam apparently means 'throttle'.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 13, 2012, 06:15:16 pm »

What an appropriate name.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 14, 2012, 11:54:49 am »

All IT and Technical staff should have "Intrate Machina" (Enter the machine. Not sure if intrare should be plural or singular.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 14, 2012, 03:16:41 pm »

So it turns out I haven't been seeing the Open Discussion thread ever. Hi!
How go the peaceful invasion plans?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 192