Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335541 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1710 on: September 06, 2012, 11:57:49 am »

No cuba. After the 400+ assasination attempts by the cia, I doubt he or his brother are touchable.

Iran has the supreme leader, the council of 10, and then the president. Each of these people are heavily guarded.

North korea is crazy. No.

How about we weed out bad ones, then vote on what remains.
Step 1: weed out countries that have too much press attention. (unless about how horrific the regime is)
Step 2: weed out countries with liked dictators. (among the people, or by other countries. We don't want to kill Russia's fave oil supplier or something.
Step 3: weed out countries with well-protected leaders.
Step 4: weed out countries with little to no natural resources.
Step 5: finally, look at pros and cons of remaining countries. Decide.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 06, 2012, 12:05:12 pm »

We could steal greenland.
Cons:

Bad PR.
Very cold

Pros:

Loads of untapped natural resources. (oil, gems and stuff)
Basically uninhabited.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 06, 2012, 12:39:33 pm »

We could steal greenland.
Cons:

Bad PR.
Very cold

Pros:

Loads of untapped natural resources. (oil, gems and stuff)
Basically uninhabited.
Too well known.
'someone's taken over Greenland!' 'kill them!'
'someone's taken over a country I've never heard of' 'meh'
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 06, 2012, 02:14:16 pm »

What about Sealand?

On second thought, too close to england. We could found our own nation and steal resources.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: September 06, 2012, 02:28:07 pm »

On second thought, too close to england. We could found our own nation and steal resources.
Founding your own nation on artificual land is banned by the UN. It's true, look it up.

Mauratania seems to have their shit together, so I move for crossing them out. More over, there is a rightful ruler, so we'd go up against unneeded rebellions.

Belarus borders russia, and is on highly friendly terms. That sucks, as its the only dectatership remaining in europe, and the vast majority of us are white.

Djobouti is too friendly with the french.

Our current options are:
Angolia
Equatorial Guinea
Zimbabwe
Cameroon
Uganda
Burinka Faso
Sudan
Chad
Eritrea
The Gambia
Republic of the Congo
Djibouti
Rwanda
Central African Republic
Burundi
Mauritania
Cuba(?)
Iran
North Korea
Belarus
More peoples. more!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 06, 2012, 03:22:25 pm »

I think we can probably rule out most of the poorer country's, as we would inherit the bad rep of the old ruler for treating his people wrongly and such.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 06, 2012, 03:35:52 pm »

I think we can probably rule out most of the poorer country's, as we would inherit the bad rep of the old ruler for treating his people wrongly and such.
Unless we advertise it as a 'fresh start', with living conditions, health, and GDP going on and up.
Obviously we'll have to make sure they don't find this thread...
We'll have to be very thorough, at least more so than the many background checks we'll merit.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 06, 2012, 04:47:24 pm »

Just choose a decent country where a bunch of insane nerds and geeks from America who want the country to prosper economically and develop a space program would be an improvement.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 06, 2012, 06:46:12 pm »

Our current options are:
Angolia
Equatorial Guinea
Zimbabwe
Cameroon
Uganda
Burinka Faso
Sudan
Chad
Eritrea
The Gambia
Republic of the Congo
Djibouti
Rwanda
Central African Republic
Burundi
Mauritania
Cuba(?)
Iran
North Korea
Belarus
More peoples. more!

We could remove the Central African Republic, due to it being completely surrounded.  The nations around it would already be making for a land grab before we could create some form of a government.

Fun fact: Due to the gravity of mars, humans who stay on that planet have their bone density increase and they grow shorter.  (Look it up, I am pretty sure it is true)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:44:44 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 06, 2012, 08:00:37 pm »

The opposite would probably happen. Maybe we should find some higher gravity place.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 06, 2012, 08:02:38 pm »

The opposite would probably happen. Maybe we should find some higher gravity place.
Marsis the third largest rock planet.
We're on Earth.
And we're not goin to venus.
Care to explain?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 06, 2012, 08:53:26 pm »

Either make some kind of space station with high gravity, manufacture a few liters of quasar matter and drop it into the Martian core, or find some other way to turn into dwarves.
Also, you'll look more like an elf than a dwarf from being raised on Mars.
Sig

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 07, 2012, 06:30:33 am »

We're on Earth.
Care to explain?
Aw I never thought of this. Its very complecated, but baisicaly it causes you to get...... fat, that's why astronauts work out so much. If you have ever seen the Disney "Wall-E", that's execaly what would happen
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 07, 2012, 10:34:43 am »

We're on Earth.
Care to explain?
Aw I never thought of this. Its very complecated, but baisicaly it causes you to get...... fat, that's why astronauts work out so much. If you have ever seen the Disney "Wall-E", that's execaly what would happen
Not exactly. Pixar movies ain't exactly the best source for scientific information, you know. The buildup of fat is in fact caused by a lack of physical exercice(spaceships are tiny; and flying is easy), not by the low gravity.

What would happen:
-You grow longer
-Bone density weakens enormously, as do quite a few of you muscles
-Blood deplaces itselfs from the legs to your face; given you a puffed up look
-Some cardiovascular problems

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: September 07, 2012, 02:26:44 pm »

We're on Earth.
Care to explain?
Not exactly. Pixar movies ain't exactly the best source for scientific information, you know. The buildup of fat is in fact caused by a lack of physical exercice(spaceships are tiny; and flying is easy), not by the low gravity.

What would happen:
-You grow longer
-Bone density weakens enormously, as do quite a few of you muscles
-Blood deplaces itselfs from the legs to your face; given you a puffed up look
-Some cardiovascular problems
It is untested whether or not mars has sufficient gravity. However, daily exercise can prolong or even prevent it. Besides, what alternatives do we have?
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 192