Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335573 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Does anyone read these?
« Reply #1665 on: September 03, 2012, 03:22:12 pm »

I always thought we could first conquer a backwards african country, then start selling drugs and stuff while exploiting the locals.

Pros: Realistic, only needs weapons and plane tickets.
Cons: Those natives have guns too. And the UN will be angry with us, but even Assad doesn't care about that.
We could get some agents in the UN, have them booze up all of the other UN so they never judge us.
Better idea: Conquer some country ruled by horrible dictators that the US hates, then run it well. We'll get plenty of wealth and positive PR.
Perfect!
Wait, someone agrees with me?

It's a good idea. Gives us more time to truly decide what we're gonna do to Earth, as they'll like us.
Hoooray, slightly more realism!
So what country do we pick? I'd say someplace in the Congo - massacres there don't even get into the western news, much less on the front page.

What about Somalia?  It is total anarchy there, and if we establish an agreeable government that curbs the pirates in the area, we would be on good standing with the west.
Somalia was recently invaded by the african union, so no.
And of course, we would probably need a smaller country.  Rowanda?  Uganda?  Congo (not democratic republic)?
How about a small part of the DR Congo? Somewhere in the interior, with access to a major river for easy transport.
Well, how would we get there? Aren't most Bay12ers in the States?
Does anyone even speak the language they speak there, or know what it is without looking it up?

Valid point, but there are many overseas, but none near that area.  We need to find the greatest concentration before we make these plans.
So...who lives near or in an unstable country? And don't say, "Me! The US is kinda shaky right now!", you're not being funny.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 03, 2012, 03:25:07 pm »

I always thought we could first conquer a backwards african country, then start selling drugs and stuff while exploiting the locals.

Cons: Those natives have guns too. And the UN will be angry with us, but even Assad doesn't care about that.
We could get some agents in the UN, have them booze up all of the other UN so they never judge us.
Better idea: Conquer some country ruled by horrible dictators that the US hates, then run it well. We'll get plenty of wealth and positive PR.
Perfect!

It's a good idea. Gives us more time to truly decide what we're gonna do to Earth, as they'll like us.
So what country do we pick? I'd say someplace in the Congo - massacres there don't even get into the western news, much less on the front page.

What about Somalia?  It is total anarchy there, and if we establish an agreeable government that curbs the pirates in the area, we would be on good standing with the west.
And of course, we would probably need a smaller country.  Rowanda?  Uganda?  Congo (not democratic republic)?
How about a small part of the DR Congo? Somewhere in the interior, with access to a major river for easy transport.
Does anyone even speak the language they speak there, or know what it is without looking it up?

Valid point, but there are many overseas, but none near that area.  We need to find the greatest concentration before we make these plans.
So...who lives near or in an unstable country? And don't say, "Me! The US is kinda shaky right now!", you're not being funny.
Me, the EU is pretty fragile right now!

(What? I thought that was funny...)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 03, 2012, 03:29:07 pm »

Perfect!

Could liberate the island of Guadalupe north of Venezuela from the French.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 03, 2012, 03:33:24 pm »

Perfect!

That could be close enough, if we had some boats or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 03, 2012, 03:37:43 pm »

Perfect!

We could build some using fiberglass and wood.  Some of the boats at D-day were wood!

Or we could just buy some.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1670 on: September 03, 2012, 03:41:23 pm »

Brilliant idea!
I would suggest a visit to the British Army disposal yard. I think it's in Lancashire.
Armoured cars, minesweepers, APCs, tanks, they even have aircraft!
No boats though. :(
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 03, 2012, 03:44:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Brilliant idea!
I would suggest a visit to the British Army disposal yard. I think it's in Lancashire.
Armoured cars, minesweepers, APCs, tanks, they even have aircraft!
No boats though. :(

And there is the problem of getting all of the stuff to the US to invade a French island.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 03, 2012, 03:48:25 pm »

Conquer Quebec so they get to be their own country at last!
My wooden badge was delicious.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 03, 2012, 03:50:40 pm »

Perfect!

We could build some using fiberglass and wood.  Some of the boats at D-day were wood!

Either one could work. Building our own lets us build concealed weapon places and possibly a space to stash picks and bags of plump helmet spawn, but buying them means we have higher quality goods.

And ruin our PR? Meh. Plus, how many of us speak French?
Sig

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 03, 2012, 03:57:27 pm »

Me, kind of!

Oh wait

Then why'd you suggest a French island anyway? srsly gaiz
My wooden badge was delicious.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 03, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »

You know, I came to this thread expecting a huge mess that I'd have to sort out, but it would seem you guys have handled things surprisingly well. Special kudos to all those who kept things on track in this time of confusion. I'll look over the recent plans and ideas in greater detail when I get the time.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 03, 2012, 04:09:55 pm »

Can someone explain to me what this is? Please? I read through something like 20 pages and still don't quite get it.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 03, 2012, 04:12:18 pm »

Me, kind of!

Oh wait

I didn't, I agreed with it.
...Valid point. Still, it's harder to claim that we're liberating Quebec from Canada than Guadalupe from France, and it'll be harder to take and hold all of Quebec than Guadalupe.

Can someone explain to me what this is? Please? I read through something like 20 pages and still don't quite get it.
I'll give it a shot. We are planning to colonise Mars somewhere, probably incorporating a Lunar colony to help finance our Martian one. Then, once we are well-established and -armed, we will take over Terra using Luna as a staging point. I'll be making the genetic monstrosities of all flavors needed to make this happen. Right now, we are figuring out how to finance our Lunar resort/secret military base. A popular option is to free some third-world country from dictators and run it fairly, increasing our resources AND our PR simultaneously. Any questions?
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 03, 2012, 04:13:54 pm »

Perfect!

Either one could work. Building our own lets us build concealed weapon places and possibly a space to stash picks and bags of plump helmet spawn, but buying them means we have higher quality goods.

Me, kind of!

Oh wait

I We chose that due to it being better PR to liberate a colony rather than to help a country secede.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 03, 2012, 04:23:11 pm »

Perfect!

Me, kind of!

Oh wait

I We chose that due to it being better PR to liberate a colony rather than to help a country secede.
Didn't I just say that?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 192