Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335874 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1245 on: August 23, 2012, 12:55:19 am »

How about a mindreading self destruct button. I mean, if we have brain uploading, we can scan the mind for the button presser's true intentions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 23, 2012, 01:02:09 am »

Can we ban certain people(You know who I am talking about)? Because, while I am fine going on a highly dangerous and highly technical mission with a large number of mostly untrained mid-to-complete insane people, that I will spend the rest of my life with, I'd like to know I want explode without cause.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 23, 2012, 01:03:17 am »

Just tossing this out there, Due to it becoming a new interest/hobby..(within the last few hours)

I think we all should learn how to speak lojban.
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 23, 2012, 01:06:45 am »

Just tossing this out there, Due to it becoming a new interest/hobby..(within the last few hours)

I think we all should learn how to speak lojban.
I'ma put this along the FTL wormhole idea and most things said by brainfreez as "No" Category.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 23, 2012, 02:00:14 am »

Can we ban certain people(You know who I am talking about)? Because, while I am fine going on a highly dangerous and highly technical mission with a large number of mostly untrained mid-to-complete insane people, that I will spend the rest of my life with, I'd like to know I want explode without cause.

While we have little to no control over who posts in the dedicated project threads, I imagine it would most certainly be possible to forbid those we deem unfit to participate in the project from joining us on any of the actual launches.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 23, 2012, 02:53:20 am »

We need people in trenchcoats and violin cases that want to have little talks.

Come to think of it, apart from a secret police (what name?) we need a uniform. Trenchcoats are mandatory.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 23, 2012, 03:51:45 am »

NINJA SUITS FOR EVERYONE !

higher rank leaders should samurai suits .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 23, 2012, 05:38:34 am »

NINJA SUITS FOR EVERYONE !

higher rank leaders should samurai suits .
I approve of this idea.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 23, 2012, 06:04:29 am »

What? Only Samurai suits for Higher ranks?
I find that idea kind of flawed.

Suits should define what job you are assigned to, and for ranks, more detailed versions of said suits.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 23, 2012, 07:33:34 am »

Suits should define what job you are assigned to, and for ranks, more detailed versions of said suits.
I agree. e.g. military uniforms for M.A.D.P.L.A.N.S (duh), golden thong for president....

EDIT: you can see the flaws in the ninga suit idea. 'hey you, engineer, get over here!' 'I'm not an engineer! I'm a scientist!' 'okay then, who's an engineer?' 'I am' 'which one?' 'the one in the ninga suit'  'which ninga suit?' etc. etc.
Also perhaps we should come up with Latin mottos for the depts. to be embroidered on the uniforms / plaque on door.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:35:23 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 23, 2012, 10:28:21 am »

I agree. e.g. military uniforms for M.A.D.P.L.A.N.S (duh), golden thong for president....

EDIT: you can see the flaws in the ninga suit idea. 'hey you, engineer, get over here!' 'I'm not an engineer! I'm a scientist!' 'okay then, who's an engineer?' 'I am' 'which one?' 'the one in the ninga suit'  'which ninga suit?' etc. etc.
Also perhaps we should come up with Latin mottos for the depts. to be embroidered on the uniforms / plaque on door.

Ever so subtle variations in color will be present in the ninja suits to determine who's who.

"Okay thats the engineers suit done, next?"
"I think physician was next"
"K great what color should this one be?"
"I dunno just move the RGB red slider down 2 and call it a day"
"Done, I'm out for coffee dave"
"I'm Phil"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 23, 2012, 10:48:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Maybe, but I still support the different uniforms.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 23, 2012, 12:04:51 pm »

The latin phrases sounds nice. I want my room to have a plaque reading 'ignis potens est' on it.
We could make the AI only talk latin and na'vi.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 23, 2012, 12:14:56 pm »

nobles must wear samurai suits - the leader will have pink suit with  golden thong , im out of ideas .

workers must wear ninja suits and they will have to wear unique hats .

each citizens must have his own unique hat .
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:17:28 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 23, 2012, 02:13:53 pm »

Mentlegen, we have a problem.
We could sabotage that damned space program?

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 192