Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335762 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1185 on: August 20, 2012, 03:18:23 pm »

but if its human mind refuses because it saw news on tv where it shows all the horrors on earth and its creativity forced him to kill you while you sleep ?
Emergency AI shutdown protocol. Btw, the Ai is going to be a bay12'er. They're not going to mind horrors on Earth.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 20, 2012, 03:21:11 pm »

but if its human mind refuses because it saw news on tv where it shows all the horrors on earth and its creativity forced him to kill you while you sleep ?
Emergency AI shutdown protocol. Btw, the Ai is going to be a bay12'er. They're not going to mind horrors on Earth.

This.

Also, first you say that you need creativity, then you say that its a bad thing. Somebody is a caveman :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 20, 2012, 04:06:44 pm »

i just prove it will never be perfect like a real human mind .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 20, 2012, 04:12:00 pm »

*crosses fingers* oh high and mighty leader?

Are you referring to me, or someone else in that question?

Just need some clarification.

Referring to king DZA. (I voted for Misko)
I technically outrank you, but you can be head of the planning sub-department.
And tactical consultant to the military. (if you want)

Ah, I wasn't sure who you were referring to.  And I will take that job.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 21, 2012, 04:22:53 am »

Bit of a stretch to call that a proof, isn't it? Our brain is - for all we know - just a bit of matter arranged in a peculiar way. That means it is perfectly possible to simulate it in silico - just like anything else, really.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2108#comic
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1470#comic
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 21, 2012, 04:33:28 am »

Bit of a stretch to call that a proof, isn't it? Our brain is - for all we know - just a bit of matter arranged in a peculiar way. That means it is perfectly possible to simulate it in silico - just like anything else, really.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2108#comic
http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1470#comic
Yup, free will is an illusion. Our brains are just a complex chemical reaction.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 21, 2012, 04:35:03 am »

i know , everything we think is just a small electronic impulse .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 21, 2012, 05:00:27 am »

This means that it is possible to perfectly emulate a human mind using code.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 21, 2012, 05:27:45 am »

but how will you extract the information ? brain tissue is extremely unstable , one mistake and the information is lost forever .

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 21, 2012, 05:31:52 am »

Dont make mistakes.

And with long expirimenting, we could get the code to be right. Aperture science did it, we can do it too.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 21, 2012, 05:41:18 am »

i see , the brain information extracting would allow us to freeze all our memories in computers and never forget them .

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 21, 2012, 07:13:12 am »

i see , the brain information extracting would allow us to freeze all our memories in computers and never forget them .
That the brain already does, we just usually don't have access.

Also, no idealists here? No 'cogito ergo sum?' Damn, I was looking forward to a philosophy derail :(
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 21, 2012, 08:02:17 am »

To b12, or not to b12.

Not really a question.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 21, 2012, 10:25:41 am »

i suggest not to b12 .

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 21, 2012, 10:45:41 am »

Agh, so many meanings.

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 192