Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335678 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1170 on: August 20, 2012, 03:51:53 am »

Wait, put me up as ze necessary insane German scientist/mad mathematitian!

ETHICAL (Ethical Treatment of Humans In Cool and Atrocious... Lemons? Yeah, good enough. We have way too few non sequiturs around here anyway.)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: August 20, 2012, 04:41:15 am »

On another matter, when would you like status reports, *crosses fingers* oh high and mighty leader? Monthly? Annually?

Weekly. A month gives us all far too much time to potentially screw something up.

Also, careful with those fingers, friend. I would hate to have to liberate them from the oppressive control of your increasingly untrustworthy hand.
Weekly it is then. I'll be unable to compile all the details in a week, so expect much more comprehensive monthly reports. All reports will be made in the logistics thread unless otherwise stated.
As for brainfreez, the details of our current plan are in the logistics thread.
i think that Greek method would destroy us , because you can never know what kind of insane person will get the power .
Are you implying that it's possible for a leader to be sane?

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 04:43:15 am by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: August 20, 2012, 04:45:41 am »

I could get the AI to help you with those reports.
Statistics and such, to detect any faults that we may not have noticed and could indicate larger problems.

B.O.O.Z.E.

Big Overal and Operating Zealous Electronics.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: August 20, 2012, 05:57:44 am »

Statistics and such, to detect any faults that we may not have noticed and could indicate larger problems.

B.O.O.Z.E.

Thanks but no. I distrust AI, and anyway, I have a pocket calculator.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: August 20, 2012, 07:00:38 am »

B.O.O.Z.E.

Thanks but no. I distrust AI, and anyway, I have a pocket calculator.
Well, I distrust pocket calculators. Far too similar to DF, graphics-wise.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: August 20, 2012, 09:34:42 am »

when we will do our first launch to the space ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_pulse_propulsion
Because explosions are dwarven.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: August 20, 2012, 10:09:54 am »

i suggest we all create a huge nuke , hop in it and send ourselves to the unknown .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: August 20, 2012, 10:21:15 am »

Well, all the info on the monitors will come from the AI, so you dont really have a choice.
You could be part of the AI if you wanted. If you ARE the AI, you can hardly distrust it. It will not be a piece of coding, Wyrm wants to be the AI.
Quote from: Miauw
Volounteers to be stored on a disk and used for the AI?
I'd be interested to be turned to an AI, once the bugs get worked out and robot bodies are available.
How about: Heuristic Intelligent Vehicles for Multiple Interesting/Notable Devices?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: August 20, 2012, 10:30:40 am »

No, if we are to truly develop Artificial intelligence, we MUST be able to Control its power, otherwise if we put one of ourselves as an AI, we do NOT want a Insane AI in control of the entire colony and our rail cannons of Terran Doom.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: August 20, 2012, 11:25:09 am »

Whats the point of an AI if its just a glorified calculator?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: August 20, 2012, 12:22:46 pm »

I've tried to understand, by god I've tried, but my mind begins to melt and I start sweating in fear and anxiety. I will have to abandon my attempts.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: August 20, 2012, 12:43:15 pm »

I, of course, supercede all of you.

Well, until Ace decides to come and put this stuff in, please. right this stuff down somewhere.
Done!
EDIT:
I think at some point we should run re-elections.
If you decide to go mad and make a parliament, I suggest we use a method adopted by the ancient Greeks: lottery. Put everyone's (regardless if they want to run) name in a hat, and have a fair, unbribable (might be asking for too much) person pull a certain number of names out. Those people then have to serve a term in office (a year?) as part of their duty to the twelfth bay, before passing on the reigns to the next un/lucky MPs.
After serving a term in office, their name can be removed/returned (1 time or many?) to the hat.
This prevents corruption (to an extent) and gets the views of the people across (but we run the risk of, say, all MAGMA  (or arts & recreation) representatives in at the same time.)
Or we could have a council. The way to get onto the council? Assasainate / win a fight to the death with an existing member. I do not support the second system of government.
No. I like the current method.
I've tried to understand, by god I've tried, but my mind begins to melt and I start sweating in fear and anxiety. I will have to abandon my attempts.
It requires dedication. And, you can't do it all at once.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: August 20, 2012, 02:58:49 pm »

the AI would remove important things like creativity and if the AI has a mistake , it may act like a non-insane human , realize the truth and press the selfdestruction button (wich would send nukes to all our bases ).
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: August 20, 2012, 03:06:35 pm »

Remember, we are uploading a human here, so (s)he should keep his creativity, and the code could probably be made so that insanity is kept at all times. Being immortal should usually be enough to stay insane. I'll implent a failsafe so it always obeys The almighty president.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: August 20, 2012, 03:15:00 pm »

but if its human mind refuses because it saw news on tv where it shows all the horrors on earth and its creativity forced him to kill you while you sleep ?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 192