Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335682 times)

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1155 on: August 19, 2012, 05:51:02 am »

why i am not listed ?

i demand being listed , or else you will find a little surprise in your last meal .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 19, 2012, 08:02:50 am »

Well, forgotten has two T's, but I'm the First Officer of the Really Great Organic Technology, Engineering of New Biological Equipment, And Stuff, Thing. Can you get another T in there? No.
(P.S: I run the Bioweapons, Internal Organs; Growing Lethal and/or Desireable Organics Section of this project.)

As to hive: What do YOU propose?
Greatwyrm, you are 7 out of ten of the last posters in my new replies section. I wonder why.
I tend to post-binge. Open up the six subforums I care about, open all the interesting-looking threads with new posts (one subforum at a time), read, reply, go on to the next thread.

H.I.V.E.M.I.N.D. sounds like a cool name.
I know. However, I'd advise coming up with your own acronym because I couldn't get an E into mine. "Electrical," maybe? Heuristic Intelligent Vehicles of Electronics for Multiple Interesting/Notable Devices?

Now there is a hard choice. Use harddrives to store you on or keep your brain?
Harddrive has as pro that we could make backups of you. Tough i dont think it will be as easy to combine multiple people into a supercomputer as with brains.
Brains are more sensitive for a zombie apocalypse tough.
Hard drives, if possible; brains can break down and are harder to make backups of. Also, brains don't come with USB ports.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 19, 2012, 09:39:57 am »

Harddrive has as pro that we could make backups of you. Tough i dont think it will be as easy to combine multiple people into a supercomputer as with brains.
Hard drives, if possible; brains can break down and are harder to make backups of. Also, brains don't come with USB ports.
I'd say we use hard drives, but also store some copies into Dna, just in case a solar storm comes around and messes up the AI or something.

On that note, I would like to have large red AI shutdown and reboot buttons as well as having the secondary live support and airlock system being under manual control.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 19, 2012, 09:46:13 am »

I'd say we use hard drives, but also store some copies into Dna, just in case a solar storm comes around and messes up the AI or something.
DNA isn't binary. Also, DNA is affected by radiation. That's the science behind the Hulk and dozens of other superheroes, and possibly the reason radiation causes cancer. We'd need a better backup...or, just figure out some kind of Faraday cage or something and back everyone up on a big, central computer.

On that note, I would like to have large red AI shutdown and reboot buttons as well as having the secondary live support and airlock system being under manual control.
Sensible, as long as people-AIs can't be turned off by pranksters.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 19, 2012, 09:52:12 am »

They can store Data on Dna, and even extremely compact. 700 terrabytes per gram. We just copy the AI a few time, put the DNA into lead radio proof boxes(and freeze it, otherwise it falls apart). Of course it won't be binary, but we can encode and decode it, even if it takes a long time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 19, 2012, 11:02:08 am »

Alright, if you say so.
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: August 19, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »

Wait, military?

I'll go for that instead!

I suggest you join the planning dept (at least part-time) of M.A.D. P.L.A.N.S (Military And Defensive Planning, Logistical, and (un)Natural Support)- aiding your military since I invented it.
Also: welcome aboard! Just please don't try brainfreeztm. For the sake of the last shreds of your soul....

On another matter, when would you like status reports, *crosses fingers* oh high and mighty leader? Monthly? Annually?

As for games, we are taking kobold quest.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: August 19, 2012, 06:43:58 pm »

*crosses fingers* oh high and mighty leader?

Are you referring to me, or someone else in that question?

Just need some clarification.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:48:11 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 19, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »

I'd still like to be noted as the F.O.R.G.O.T.E.N.B.E.A.S.T. in the OP.
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 20, 2012, 01:51:48 am »

*crosses fingers* oh high and mighty leader?

Are you referring to me, or someone else in that question?

Just need some clarification.

Referring to king DZA. (I voted for Misko)
I technically outrank you, but you can be head of the planning sub-department.
And tactical consultant to the military. (if you want)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 20, 2012, 02:01:10 am »

I, of course, supercede all of you.

Well, until Ace decides to come and put this stuff in, please. right this stuff down somewhere.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 20, 2012, 02:31:02 am »

I, of course, supercede all of you.

Well, until Ace decides to come and put this stuff in, please. right this stuff down somewhere.
Done!
EDIT:
I think at some point we should run re-elections.
If you decide to go mad and make a parliament, I suggest we use a method adopted by the ancient Greeks: lottery. Put everyone's (regardless if they want to run) name in a hat, and have a fair, unbribable (might be asking for too much) person pull a certain number of names out. Those people then have to serve a term in office (a year?) as part of their duty to the twelfth bay, before passing on the reigns to the next un/lucky MPs.
After serving a term in office, their name can be removed/returned (1 time or many?) to the hat.
This prevents corruption (to an extent) and gets the views of the people across (but we run the risk of, say, all MAGMA  (or arts & recreation) representatives in at the same time.)
Or we could have a council. The way to get onto the council? Assasainate / win a fight to the death with an existing member. I do not support the second system of government.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:50:04 am by TopHat »

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: August 20, 2012, 03:28:19 am »

i think that Greek method would destroy us , because you can never know what kind of insane person will get the power .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 20, 2012, 03:35:59 am »

On another matter, when would you like status reports, *crosses fingers* oh high and mighty leader? Monthly? Annually?

Weekly. A month gives you all far too much time to potentially screw something up.

Also, careful with those fingers, friend. I would hate to have to liberate them from the oppressive control of your increasingly untrustworthy hand.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 20, 2012, 03:44:10 am »

when we will do our first launch to the space ?
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 192