Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335884 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1080 on: August 17, 2012, 08:27:59 am »

Okay, there's several major issues with the robot cat idea. It's moronic, it relies on the president of China liking cats, and how are we going to get a cat with a nuclear self-destruct button past customs?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 17, 2012, 09:05:22 am »

With all those added extras, the cat would probably cost more than the space elevator thing.
That's another point: money. The space shuttle cost $1.5billion per flight. How will we get that much money?
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 17, 2012, 09:35:55 am »

Money. Well, we don't technically need money, we just need enough of the constituent parts that we can make one ourselves. This will still be expensive, and our top scienists are working oon it. Current progress says: Sell Juice. Or space tourism.

I personally say we hoodwink some investors, like in jurrasic park, except for the part where we are eaten. Plus, we know there is a market for it, so, we can bust some heads.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: August 17, 2012, 09:44:00 am »

we could take a real cat and place a mind control device in its brain , then bring the cat to the president of China and let the cat adopt him .
then  force the president to give us money and slaves .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: August 17, 2012, 10:03:06 am »

Money. Well, we don't technically need money, we just need enough of the constituent parts that we can make one ourselves. This will still be expensive, and our top scienists are working oon it. Current progress says: Sell Juice. Or space tourism.

I personally say we hoodwink some investors, like in jurrasic park, except for the part where we are eaten. Plus, we know there is a market for it, so, we can bust some heads.
First off: It's space tourism AND sell juice. Made from real Lunar oranges! Or apples, if you prefer apple juice, but that's not important.
Second: Hammond wasn't deceitful, he just showed off his little elephant and made vague promises about an awesome park that would be opening in a few years. We can do the same, except without the elephant or the secrecy. "We're starting this neat-o lunar resort, with spaceflight cruises of a few hours for our less absurdly wealthy clients. Who wants to invest in the most potentially profitable industry since computers?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:36 am »

With all those added extras, the cat would probably cost more than the space elevator thing.
That's another point: money. The space shuttle cost $1.5billion per flight. How will we get that much money?
We allow X rich and important peope with us. (People pay a lot for spacetourism.) Hostages and Money in one trip.

Note that I'm trying to reduce costs, by having a single orbiter fly back and forth to Mars. And refueling on Mars using selfproduced rocket fuel. It's still going to cost a lot though.

((Assuming we can steal some of SpaceX's rockets, it's still going to cost us at least 2000 dollar per kg.(Minimum load per orbiter flight is around 20000 kg, because that's us. ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: August 17, 2012, 10:13:02 am »

Let's try to avoid stealing big, expensive things. We really don't want law enforcement to come down on us before we even get to Mars...
Maybe we can get a government grant.
Sig

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: August 17, 2012, 10:15:24 am »

if its a regular juice it costs 2$.
if its a moon or space juice it costs 20$.
if its a space juice from fruits grown on mars or moon it costs 50 - 100$.

assuming that regular mortals won't get to enjoy the space cruise , only people with huge money bags will be allowed and it will make the prices acceptable .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: August 17, 2012, 10:33:03 am »

assuming that regular mortals won't get to enjoy the space cruise , only people with huge money bags will be allowed and it will make the prices acceptable .
I propose you add another zero or two to those numbers. As it is now you can't even cover the launch costs for the juice.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: August 17, 2012, 11:13:57 am »

yes , yes i can .

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: August 17, 2012, 11:36:09 am »

Since it costs a crapton to ship fruit or juice up from Earth, how about $20-30, tops, for juice? Grown locally on Luna, and organically to help justify the price tag. Besides, there wouldn't be ant bugs or weeds in the fields, so we wouldn't need herbicides or insecticides anyways.
Sig

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: August 17, 2012, 12:04:37 pm »

brainfreez - I was referring to Koenigsberg/Kaliningrad :D

(And if occupation during WWII meant being part of Germany now, something major would be wrong :/ )
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: August 17, 2012, 12:15:07 pm »

FYI Bringing stuff up from the Earth costs 2000 dollar per kg. Even with a space elevator that will be at least a hundred dollars.

While bringing stuff from the moon to the Earth is cheaper, we still need to pay for the lunar take off and the landing craft. Never underestimate the human ability to pay for useless things. A price of a thousand dollars isn't to be laughed at. (If you're selling it on the moon to space tourist I would go for space wine and such luxuries. Sell for way more money.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: August 17, 2012, 01:21:00 pm »

So...If an average person weighs around 100 kg, and they can bring up to 50 kg of cargo for the voyage, that's...$300,000 just to bring them up. We could easily charge over a million dollars per person per trip, without even accounting for them buying stuff while they're there!
Obviously, most of what we sell should be made on Luna. Cheaper, and we can charge more--win-win!
Sig

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: August 17, 2012, 01:38:07 pm »

So...If an average person weighs around 100 kg, and they can bring up to 50 kg of cargo for the voyage, that's...$300,000 just to bring them up. We could easily charge over a million dollars per person per trip, without even accounting for them buying stuff while they're there!
Obviously, most of what we sell should be made on Luna. Cheaper, and we can charge more--win-win!
Guess what the Russians are doing...

Also, 2000 is the cheapest freight transport . People are much more expensive.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 192