Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335920 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #1035 on: August 16, 2012, 12:14:59 pm »

Stop, stop! It's not going to be REMOTELY easy to make Mars warm and with a breatheable atmosphere; aside from some greenhouses, domes, and such, we should mostly be underground anyways, for protection. If all we had aboveground were solar power plants and piles of mine waste, that would be fine and ideal. Terraforming can wait until AFTER we conquer Terra and develop terraforming tech.

Or, we can engineer ourselves to be more tolerant of cold and high CO2 concentrations.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: August 16, 2012, 12:25:38 pm »

Stop, stop! It's not going to be REMOTELY easy to make Mars warm and with a breatheable atmosphere; aside from some greenhouses, domes, and such, we should mostly be underground anyways, for protection. If all we had aboveground were solar power plants and piles of mine waste, that would be fine and ideal. Terraforming can wait until AFTER we conquer Terra and develop terraforming tech.

Or, we can engineer ourselves to be more tolerant of cold and high CO2 concentrations.
1: I didn't say it would be easy.
2: It's a long term project.
3: we should not genetically modify ourselves. Try it out on yourself first, but whatever happens, don't say I didn't warn you..
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 16, 2012, 12:25:50 pm »

actually most of mars atmosphere is just Co2 , so we will suffocate and my hemp won't grow underground .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 16, 2012, 12:28:16 pm »

actually most of mars atmosphere is just Co2 , so we will suffocate and my hemp won't grow underground .

Despite common belief, CO2 is completely harmless to anyone.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 16, 2012, 12:31:13 pm »

but Co2 alone won't feed a oxygen adapted creature .

read carefully "we will suffocate" not die from Co2
 -_-
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 16, 2012, 12:31:49 pm »

Despite common belief, CO2 is completely harmless to anyone.
The extreme cold, underpressure and lack of oxygen are though.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 16, 2012, 12:33:43 pm »

also dust storms and the lack of magnetic field .

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 16, 2012, 12:36:11 pm »

Have you heard of oxygen tanks? That divers use? We can make bigger ones.
We may even be ably to synthesise oxygen.

Dust storms are dust storms. Protective clothing? Spacesuits? If they worked in space, they'll work on mars.

Also, on the 'crash thread w/ logic' thing, we are human. We nailed our god to a stick! We're destroying our only planet! Who needs logic?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:38:59 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 16, 2012, 12:40:22 pm »

hey , if a 500km/h wind is blowing in your direction , not only it will rip your suit off but it will blow you around the planet .

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 16, 2012, 12:42:43 pm »

Have you heard of oxygen tanks? That divers use? We can make bigger ones.
We may even be ably to synthesise oxygen.

Dust storms are dust storms. Protective clothing? Spacesuits? If they worked in space, they'll work on mars.

Also, on the 'crash thread w/ logic' thing, we are human. We nailed our god to a stick! We're destroying our only planet! Who needs logic?
Synthesising oxygen and hydrogen from water is actually the backbone of my entire going to Mars plan.

Martian dust storms are a bit more severe though. We're talking about things that can blot out the sun for months. They will do quite some damage. Luckily we can see them coming, as they are mostly stuck to a six year cycle.

hey , if a 500km/h wind is blowing in your direction , not only it will rip your suit off but it will blow you around the planet .
Well it's a 500 km/h wind, but keep in mind that the pressure is much lower. I believe that it will only feel like about 50 km/h on Earth.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 16, 2012, 12:45:01 pm »

This is why some people want to live underground. We could also weaponise the dust storms.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 16, 2012, 12:49:33 pm »

how we will weaponise the storms ? we will build a huge tube aimed at earth and hope the wind will strike them ?  -_-

i suggest instead of weaponising the wind , we could make adamantine windmills and gather power .
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:57:33 pm by brainfreez »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 16, 2012, 12:58:27 pm »

how we will weaponise the storms ? we will build a huge tube aimed at earth and hope the wind will strike them ?  -_-

i suggest instead of weaponising the wind , we could make adamantine windmills and gather power .
Good idea. But where will we get the adamantine?

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:35 pm »

paint the iron blue .

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 16, 2012, 01:04:47 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 192