Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335833 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #555 on: August 06, 2012, 05:18:23 pm »

Now that I think of it, there are a few more problems:
1: how to persuade the entire Bay12 community to join funds and leave the planet.
2: how to convince the world we are not a threat (until the big reveal)
3: logistics. The journey to mars at our current tech levels will take roughly 200 days each way.
Not to mention the vast amount of people involved, the food for the aforementioned, and livestock, and food for the livestock, and farming equipment, and mining equipment, and space suits, and air, and soul-harvesting machines, and base-building stuff, and an anvil, and.... Etc. the more we bring, the heavier/larger the ship will be, the more fuel we need, the more air we'll need. We'll also have to plan for a return journey.
An alternative would be necroing the thread for a few years until we have better space travel, but it will leave the gap open for someone else to sneak in.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 06, 2012, 05:32:47 pm »

as i said above , the imagination train crashed and exploded .
we will have to gather survivors and leave the train parts burning until there is found easier way to do all the necessary stuff .

in other words , we have to abandon the ship because its heading towards the bottom of the ocean .  we will pull it out of the ocean when someone will discover a way to do it .

in human language : dis thread is dead .
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 05:47:50 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 06, 2012, 05:43:12 pm »

All I said was that our first step should be drafting a constitution.
Of course, I knew that. And poor brainfreez, the main problem here is there needs to be room for both our plans and oue speculation.

Also,would a chhicken cow taste lik eboth, or have flesh seperately. Simpley put, is the chicken and cow flesh homgenous or heterogenous?

You drunk right now?

Deeper already has a blueprint.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 07:05:29 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 06, 2012, 07:03:51 pm »

That right there is full of win..

Also, If any of you watch the discovery channel at all,(Canadian channel)

Right now they are working on little biome garden things that they want to send to mars.
All they need to do is get some soil samples and find water.

I think in a few years this would be use full information to copy/exploit/use to our advantage.
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 06, 2012, 07:16:53 pm »

And the world's governments are giving all of us this research data for free. Never expected that a group of insane gamers would come together, build a space colony, and invade/annihilate earth with some old NASA publications.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 06, 2012, 07:52:15 pm »

And the world's governments are giving all of us this research data for free. Never expected that a group of insane gamers would come together, build a space colony, and invade/annihilate earth with some old NASA publications.

Bay12: You say we can just look up how to build nuclear weapons on the Internet? ... My god, have you met these people?! And YOU GAVE THEM THE BLUEPRINTS TO NUCLEAR WEAPONS?!?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 06, 2012, 07:57:53 pm »

i bet he draw the blueprints , so that after building the nuclear weapons , they would explode in the hands of the terrorist .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 06, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »

Bay12: You say we can just look up how to build nuclear weapons on the Internet? ... My god, have you met these people?! And YOU GAVE THEM THE BLUEPRINTS TO NUCLEAR WEAPONS?!?
You know, I heard a boy scout nearly made hs own nuclear reacter by buying smoke detecters en masse posing as a corporate buyer, ad was only found out when authorities detected the radiation.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 06, 2012, 08:16:35 pm »

You know, I heard a boy scout nearly made hs own nuclear reacter by buying smoke detecters en masse posing as a corporate buyer, ad was only found out when authorities detected the radiation.
How the hell do you make a nuclear reactor out of smoke alarms? We need some people reaserching that ASAP. That could prove quite usefull to us.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 06, 2012, 08:18:55 pm »

Smoke alarms have a small amount of (I can't remember) isotope in them. Jam enough of that stuff in a tube, and gather the heat.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 06, 2012, 08:20:38 pm »

And radiation shielding, thats needed too.

So where we on that SMR? mCaus eI could at the same time as this be talking about the constitution, or more Gengineering.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 06, 2012, 08:34:00 pm »

Well, there was a new Linux distro out, so I had to update that. Then I had to update all of my LAMP software, that took ages. Working toward it though.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 06, 2012, 09:03:12 pm »

My my, this election is getting Tight! Who the hell voted for in absentia Waffle? Why do he have 11 percent of the vote?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 06, 2012, 09:21:09 pm »

Smoke alarms have a small amount of (I can't remember) isotope in them. Jam enough of that stuff in a tube, and gather the heat.

Americium.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 06, 2012, 10:32:21 pm »

I bet they aren't allowed on planes either.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 192