Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335437 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: How many people play DF?
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2012, 07:07:08 pm »

What's stopping us from sending embark babies to ALL of the planets and satellites?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2012, 07:11:20 pm »

What's stopping us from sending embark babies to ALL of the planets and satellites?
Lack of imagination. :-[

That is brilliant. We can the clones to far off places, and if it isn't livable, then they'll just stop living.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2012, 07:36:24 pm »

Don't you realize what could occur from such reckless actions? The clones that survive are going to be pissed at us for using them like lab rats, they'll slowly build up their own civilization of equal or greater strength, and several hundred years later, they'll come back with an unstoppable armada and an unbridled thirst for vengeance. Honestly, you guys should know this stuff.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2012, 07:37:55 pm »

Don't you realize what could occur from such reckless actions? The clones that survive are going to be pissed at us for using them like lab rats, they'll slowly build up their own civilization of equal or greater strength, and several hundred years later, they'll come back with an unstoppable armada and an unbridled thirst for vengeance. Honestly, you guys should know this stuff.

Nah.  Just cripple them by sending them pushy nobles from the more developed world projects.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2012, 11:42:09 am »

Nah.  Just cripple them by sending them pushy nobles from the more developed world projects.

Brilliant. Then the hate would be directed upon their own people. We could even send high ranking nobles as "honours" to promote their colonies to barony or kingdoms and such. It would keep them under our control.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2012, 03:25:57 pm »

Ummm guys what happened to my post... It just disappeared? Oh well, after successful colonization of Mars I suggest we take a trip over to Andromeda and use all the Stars for power for a Galaxy sized Super Quantum computer in order to break reality once again.... Since Deathgate let Terry out of the bag.
The source markup for the original post is a twisted web of madness and terror, just like Deathgate!
Uh oh! Deathgate's madness has once again ignored the laws of reality and broken through onto the physical plain. Pure, unadulterated madness is seeping into the forums!!!

However, as long as it stays here at bay12, I doubt anyone will notice the difference.  Welcome to the physical world Terry!

Oh god.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't let him loose!
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2012, 09:10:14 pm »

Why exacaly are we doing this in the first place? I know, lets make a HUGE galactic enterprise, make tons of money mining on far away world before everyone else can, and put all our money and resourses toward a Super-duper super computer thats ultra-super made specialy for DF, that runs it at whatever FPS you want no matter what.

So when do we start?
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2012, 09:16:49 pm »

Ahem.

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2012, 09:38:03 pm »

Why exacaly are we doing this in the first place? I know, lets make a HUGE galactic enterprise, make tons of money mining on far away world before everyone else can, and put all our money and resourses toward a Super-duper super computer thats ultra-super made specialy for DF, that runs it at whatever FPS you want no matter what.

So when do we start?

I don't really see why we'd need money. If we don't have the resources to build the computers ourselves, we can simply trade what we have for what we need.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2012, 10:00:14 pm »

I was going to start a note about colonizing another planet, but got beaten to it.

I'm an avid reader of Heinlein and whatever Asimov and Clarke I can get ahold of, which combined with my interest and probable major in biology would make me useful to take along.
Hm, if the entire Bay12 community pooled our assets...total number somewhere around 5,000 at least...we could probably get a few million dollars, which would be enough to get onto a colony starship once they're invented, assuming a fair amount of government interest in colonization. Which, given the state of our planet, isn't too unlikely...

STRIKE THE KEPLER 42-D!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2012, 10:38:51 pm »

I always thought there was only 1 DF player and Bay 12 member. A schizophrenibc, insane genius with thousands of different people as personalities.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2012, 11:25:04 pm »

If you have a moon in mind, which would be the best? Someone is going to have to do some reaserch. I have heard that Titan is a possibility on the old discovery channels, but, to be fair, Saturn is pretty far away, and we would have to get though the astroid belt, which would, in turn, be a massive pain in the assbut is it enough to rule out a major moon of Jupiter like Io, or even Europa or Ganymede, or the major moons of Saturn, like Titan, or even Iapetus? We cant just do this blind, someone has to find a good place to go before we can worry about things like how we are going to populate when we get there!

Also, best derail evar :P

No it would not be a pain in the ass. You have no idea how vast space is. Each of the asteroids in the asteroid belt is at least a thousand kilometers away from the nearest asteroid to it. Space is so incredibly massive that being within thousands of kilometers is spitting distance. You just been scienced bro. :)

Ahem.

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

This is payback for what you did in the tinychat, you little bastard reptilian! :D I told you I would have vengeance!

I always thought there was only 1 DF player and Bay 12 member. A schizophrenibc, insane genius with thousands of different people as personalities.

... This would make much more sense...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2012, 07:28:16 am »

If you have a moon in mind, which would be the best? Someone is going to have to do some reaserch. I have heard that Titan is a possibility on the old discovery channels, but, to be fair, Saturn is pretty far away, and we would have to get though the astroid belt, which would, in turn, be a massive pain in the assbut is it enough to rule out a major moon of Jupiter like Io, or even Europa or Ganymede, or the major moons of Saturn, like Titan, or even Iapetus? We cant just do this blind, someone has to find a good place to go before we can worry about things like how we are going to populate when we get there!

Also, best derail evar :P

No it would not be a pain in the ass. You have no idea how vast space is. Each of the asteroids in the asteroid belt is at least a thousand kilometers away from the nearest asteroid to it. Space is so incredibly massive that being within thousands of kilometers is spitting distance. You just been scienced bro. :)

Aw derp, you got me >:(. But.... what if we...... y'know.... hit on-one.... *desperetly trys to still seem smart*.
Damint i learned this when i was like 8 how did i forget XD. Whatever. I BLAME MY AGE FOR MY IGNORANCE.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2012, 09:34:08 pm »

But the moon has no Magma! What would we do then huh? What Would We Do Then!?!
Invade Earth with the moon.
[/quote]

Better, colonize Mars, and then use the Moon as the fluffy wambler to the bronze colossus of whatever planet displeases us.  Such as Jupiter.  Or the Sun.  WE WILL INVENT REAL DWARVEN PHYSICS!!!  WE DO NOT CARE THAT THE SUN HAS NO HEAD!!! IT WILL BE HEADSHOTTED NONETHELESS!!!

There, I'm glad I got that out of me.  But playing Dwarf fortress with planets would be pretty awesome.  Or we could use Jupiter instead, so that the president can be told the earth is literally under siege by planet fucking jupiter.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2012, 11:04:10 pm »

Sieging Earth. What a grand concept. We wait until toady implements attacking other places of course, to rack up experiance. I see no one has found a embark. I shall put all resources I have and all i can borrow to this endevar.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 192