Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 336015 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #990 on: August 15, 2012, 07:25:24 pm »

No, North pole of mars. once the other nations of the world colonize mars, we will be as water merchants on Dune, controlling the second most important substance(first in this case with Terran atmospheric gases tied with it.)
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 15, 2012, 07:52:44 pm »

Im just waiting for Toady to come across this thread and be like "dafuq?"
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 15, 2012, 07:54:36 pm »

I still think he will jump off his roof when he finally sees this.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 15, 2012, 08:25:34 pm »

EMBARK ON OLYMPUS MONS.
Because this is cheaper then Canada?

You used the wrong "than".
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 15, 2012, 08:37:23 pm »

EMBARK ON OLYMPUS MONS.

Grammatik ist wichtig, junge. Wir bringen die volle Macht des Dritten Comma mich auf Sie, wenn Sie noch einmal scheitern!

Google translate. I couldn't resist myself. I'm sorry please don't kill me.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:44 pm »

EMBARK ON OLYMPUS MONS.

Grammatik ist wichtig, junge. Wir bringen die volle Macht des Dritten Comma mich auf Sie, wenn Sie noch einmal scheitern!

The translation looked like a bunch of incoherent words, but then I analyz(s?)ed them.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 15, 2012, 09:19:38 pm »

EMBARK ON OLYMPUS MONS.

The translation looked like a bunch of incoherent words, but then I analyz(s?)ed them.

I am almost completely sure if you put that in google translate again, it would come out as gibberish.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 15, 2012, 09:57:23 pm »

First of all, Telepathy>German (or any other spoken language). Second, soul energy is not evil, damn it!
Soul energy could be perceived as evil, though. Unless we can prove that the soul is as happy in the generator as they would be anywhere else, and even then we'd have religious types on our backs.

And no, we're not going to be space nazis. We should strive to create a society unique from all others that have inhabited Earth. I don't know about any of you, but I don't want our great martian empire as to be remembered as, "Like [insert Earth group here], but on Mars."
What about "Bay12ers on Mars?"

this thread has more than enough evidence to raise suspicion about our project .
Again, I'[m afraid I might be on the no-fly list.

EMBARK ON OLYMPUS MONS.

I am almost completely sure if you put that in google translate again, it would come out as gibberish.
Probably. Using my limited German, you said:
Grammar is watching. Was bringing the Massive Vole the [????] Comma my of [some preposition?], when [same preposition] night in my [????]
...Maybe I should ask my Grandma.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 15, 2012, 09:58:30 pm »

If I am correct, I put in:

"Grammar is important, young one. Should you fail again the full might of the Third Comma shall come down on you!"

I want to learn german, >.>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 15, 2012, 10:02:08 pm »

Hm, maybe I should, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 15, 2012, 10:58:07 pm »

WAFFFFFLLLEEE!!!! Whats with the poll?!?!? Fix it, or your bunking with brainfreez. Maybe Replace it with a poll about a Canadian test colony?
I presume Toady saw this thread, read 10 pages, closed his browser, took a long shower, probably shouting "I CAN'T GET CLEAN", then pretended he never saw this thread. Actually, he may do that alot.

No German. Too many translation issues. I presume everyone here knows english to some extent, and its the language used by The Great One.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:32:29 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: August 15, 2012, 11:29:02 pm »

And then Threetoe sees the thread and supplies us with a prototype mars rocket he has been saving just for this occasion.

P.S.  The only reason Chuck Norris hasn't come to set this poll straight is because he wants to let Waffle have his fun until the poll itself becomes sentient and realises it's horrible mistake.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:32:07 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: August 16, 2012, 01:58:43 am »

-wall of quotes on google transilate
From experience in learning English and Italian, google transilate does NOT work for even the simplest sentences. I had a few friends that didint speak French as a first lauguage, and they did their project in English, then copy=pasted it into google transilate. I feel so bad for them.....

If we are going to speak a different lauguage, it either needs to be well known, or we need transilators. The 2 most prominant lauguages on Bay12 are French and English. If we go for German, then we are going to need to get a TON of people to learn it, we are going to need transilators, and teachers. Honesty, I originaly thought German was a good lauguage to speak on the colony, however now that I lay down all these problems I think... not so much.

I would go for either French, English, or both with transilators (Like Canada!).

By the way I changed the poll to something more........ pr. pro- produ....... productive *COUGH* COUGH* *CHOKE*

Edit; This has to be mentioned on the next DF talk.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:03:20 am by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 16, 2012, 02:10:39 am »

And Bay12 never ceases to amaze. Do we get robots? Just don't make them smarter than Dwarves...

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:55 am »

I'm back! (been on holiday for a week). *examines thread* ah. 21 pages and a new thread in a week? Damn I've got a lot of catching up to do.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 192