Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 336099 times)

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #780 on: August 09, 2012, 11:48:44 am »

Well, I'm still opposed to just throwing asteroids at them. It's not aesthetically pleasing at all. It's a giant rock. Sure, it's the same as a colony in terms of what we're trying to accomplish, but we need to be classy about this. We can't conduct war with rocks! They'd laugh at us! "Oh, look at those space people. They're using rocks. That's so stupid," they'd say, while sipping on their brandy and wearing their Hugo Boss uniforms. And we'd be in Mars, steering our asteroids at them in yesterday's boxers. Imagine the pictures after we win that war. Future people would say, "Well, the Earth Federation might be a bunch of stupid poopyheads, but at least they were photogenic."

I can see that we're slowly getting to the same page. That's good. But we can't do this with rocks. War is a sophisticated game with norms and proper conduct must be observed. This is especially true in interplanetary war. You don't go to a wedding wearing shorts, and you don't go to war throwing rocks at your enemies. Maybe if the asteroids looked really reaaaaally cool, I'd allow it. But until then, it's hulking chunks of metal. Space stations. Colonies. 500 million tons of twisted steel and sex appeal.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 09, 2012, 12:03:34 pm »

Well, I'm still opposed to just throwing asteroids at them. It's not aesthetically pleasing at all. It's a giant rock. Sure, it's the same as a colony in terms of what we're trying to accomplish, but we need to be classy about this. We can't conduct war with rocks! They'd laugh at us! "Oh, look at those space people. They're using rocks. That's so stupid," they'd say, while sipping on their brandy and wearing their Hugo Boss uniforms. And we'd be in Mars, steering our asteroids at them in yesterday's boxers. Imagine the pictures after we win that war. Future people would say, "Well, the Earth Federation might be a bunch of stupid poopyheads, but at least they were photogenic."

I can see that we're slowly getting to the same page. That's good. But we can't do this with rocks. War is a sophisticated game with norms and proper conduct must be observed. This is especially true in interplanetary war. You don't go to a wedding wearing shorts, and you don't go to war throwing rocks at your enemies. Maybe if the asteroids looked really reaaaaally cool, I'd allow it. But until then, it's hulking chunks of metal. Space stations. Colonies. 500 million tons of twisted steel and sex appeal.

Throwing satelites is not good enough?
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 09, 2012, 12:07:55 pm »

Well, we could always try sculpting the asteroids before we throw them. Maybe into a giant middle-finger or something.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 09, 2012, 12:12:25 pm »

In honor of Girlinhat, carve one into a phallus and paint it gold.

Ahem.

Good morning chaps! I got the thread created last night but got interrupted and went to bed rather promptly afterwards. I'll get to finishing it this morning.

I'm going to create a list of the sub-organizations and their memberships. I think we have an organization for Mars Acclimation something something, DEEPER (forgot what that one did), and maybe a few others. We need one for weaponization and military (we can elect leader for that one), and and a homeland administration organization (the boring and mundane mars colonization stuff.)

Re-Commencing work on the organzied thread.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 09, 2012, 12:26:24 pm »

I would support soul using if:
A. The souls lasted forever or a really long time, like longer than the human lifespan.
B. We had technology to put souls back in the bodies.
C. We used the soul powering as something like jury duty. You are forced to power something with your soul for part of a day.
D. Criminals are picked first, and death sentence is powering something with your soul as long as possible.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 09, 2012, 12:34:58 pm »

Ok. I got an easier way of keeping track of personnel.

EVERYBODY: If you plan on coming along, post your intended role, including membership of any subcommittee, here. If you are founder/administrator of a subcommittee, post that here too. thanks.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 09, 2012, 01:24:55 pm »

Well, we could always try sculpting the asteroids before we throw them. Maybe into a giant middle-finger or something.

^ This this and so much this.

As head of M.A.G.M.A. I'm now purchasing a bunch of Zyklon B off of the black market. Hell why don't we just build a weapons system that shoots space darts that penetrate the hull of enemy ships and inject zyklon B into the ships atmosphere.

That's probably for the chemical weapons guys though.

Or put the injector on the very tip of the asteroids middle finger.

EDIT:

EVERYBODY: If you plan on coming along, post your intended role, including membership of any subcommittee, here. If you are founder/administrator of a subcommittee, post that here too. thanks.

Yo, get waffleeggnog to put the list of organizations and leaders on the OP so we can all find it easily.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 09, 2012, 01:48:57 pm »

Yo, get waffleeggnog to put the list of organizations and leaders on the OP so we can all find it easily.
Got it.
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 09, 2012, 02:02:22 pm »

Ok. I got an easier way of keeping track of personnel.

Greiger. Professional idler.  Emergency booze shortage worker.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 09, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »

Misko27, Prime Minister, head of the Legislatve branch, and Leader of DEEPER (Department of Engineering the Eldritch and Practical Explotation of genetic Resources (Engineering Nightmares since 2037))

Hey, there are people muscleing in on my Department. B-Freez, This means you. I suppose it could be a sub-division...

Now, instead of throwing things at them, How about we shoot a solar powered gauss cannon? Or the Mustard gas dirty bombs. Hey, who wants to be in charge of weapon design?

Nice to see more people coming.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #790 on: August 09, 2012, 03:33:11 pm »

I guess I should get myself on the list...
Well...I usually don't get anything done so giving me a work-title might be hard..."hemp"-quality-tester maybe?
But here's a thought for you Waffle-boy, what if you put me up as an engraver and link my pictures there?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 09, 2012, 03:45:11 pm »

I guess I should get myself on the list...
Well...I usually don't get anything done so giving me a work-title might be hard..."hemp"-quality-tester maybe?
But here's a thought for you Waffle-boy, what if you put me up as an engraver and link my pictures there?
Head of the department of arts and recreation. Technobabbling LIKE A BOSS. Which I am...

Okay, reading over parts of the two threads, I realize There is some confusion over the biological division, and its name. To help matters, I call for amalgamation of all biological divisions, excluding MAGMA, as it relates to general habitability. I as Prime Minister, should probably relinquish my role as head of DEEPER. I will ask for a statue of myself, in the garden of its headquarters.

The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #792 on: August 09, 2012, 03:55:45 pm »

A lot of things burn with astounding intesity; Styrofoam, Napalm, Marshmallows are just the beginning. But what if there was a material that could set sand on fire? OK, so clearly that was a loaded question, but it's a necessary set-up. Chlorine triflouride has the dubious honor of being terrifyingly flammable, to the point that history's evil boy-scouts, the Nazis, deemed it too dangerous to work with. When people who consider genocide their life's goal don't want to use something becasue it's too deadly, it bears treating it with caution. There is a story where someone spilled this stuff and it caught fire, it burned through 12 inches of concrete, a meter of sand and kept going into the gravel.

tl;dr-When people who consider genocide their life's goal don't want to use something becasue it's too deadly, it's a must have for a bay12 operation.

The one who can come up with the best way to implicate Chlorine triflouride into our project gets a cookie :3
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:57:46 pm by slowpokez »

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 09, 2012, 04:01:09 pm »

Hello, Head of MAGMA here saying I would love to buy some of that crap in order to burn huge holes in the ground that we can use for building bunkers and basements in our cities.

All the extra gases generated from burning the ground away will probably help create a bigger greenhouse type event in the mars atmosphere and as such making it more habitable since it will start warming up a little bit.

Also MAGMA has a deficit of cookies and our Earth Embassy hasn't been too fond of baking them.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 09, 2012, 04:03:28 pm »

Hey, there are people muscleing in on my Department. B-Freez, This means you. I suppose it could be a sub-division...

what do you mean ?

for now im hemp integration leader , the first hemp farmer , owner of many ideas , the most logical man on this thread and maybe the pending overlord of the universe .
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:07:27 pm by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 192