Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 336066 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #750 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:05 am »

Seconded. Also, dibs on head of the Bioweapons division. Always the best division of any evil megacorp business.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 09, 2012, 01:55:53 am »

Well I'm head of MAGMA since I created it.

Yes, I will appoint you to that division hanslanda.

We've got test tube babies already, so I see no reason why bioweapons should be something hard to make. Maybe if some of our colonists go completely berzerk and murdercrazy we can graft missile launchers into their chest and then shoot them to earth on the mass driver.

We have mass driver right?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 09, 2012, 02:00:50 am »

We do now.
*Writes 'Organic Mass Driver' in notebook*
*Also writes 'Attempt to exploit violently dangerous alien creatures for !!Profit!!' in notebook*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 09, 2012, 04:32:05 am »

I've always thought it would be awesome to just fuck logistics in the face and aim straight for Mars, but logistics doesn't like being face-raped and generally enacts vengeance to the other end of it's aggressors' body in later months. With it's teeth.

Actually, one suggestion I had randomly thought up one day as a solution to the logistical nightmare of stuffing enough space-food and other crap in one can to service a dozen people and their equipment for two-three years was to put most of the food, (and water, fuel, extra oxygen, plant seeds, so on and so forth) in other cans and launch them well before the actual mission. Then you'd just have to figure out how you're going to sinc up with them and use them. And eventually get them on the ground within an acceptable range of one-another. The extra cans can potentially remain in orbit until it's time to land, anyway, depending on whether or not one can guarantee that the orbits of such objects will remain stable for any good length of time. Hell, if the systems for connecting spacecraft remain standardized and safe, we can just start launching rockets whenever-the-fuck and have all the supplies we need in orbit for any missions undertaken post-whenever-the-fuck. At that point though, why not just start sending unmanned structures to use as buildings or materials? We could have a colony set up decades in advance of actually being able to get human beings there and back (or not back!?) alive! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 09, 2012, 04:39:23 am »

Dibs on chemical weapons research - nerve agents are awesome.

What's the best war gas?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 09, 2012, 07:07:33 am »

about that station in earths orbit , it should be called "Astronaut Space Station"(A.S.S).

i will make S.H.I.P (space hemp integration program)
to complete it i will need :

* earth soil .
* mars atmosphere simulator .
* test-tube seeds .
* biochemical weapon lab .
* a space ship that can simulate the mars atmosphere on the way - it must be armed with rocket launchers .

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:12:03 am by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 09, 2012, 08:04:28 am »

Holy carp, I leave for half a week and a couple dozen posts get added!
Can someone summarize what's been agreed on and what's being discussed right now?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 09, 2012, 08:17:08 am »

we are going to travel to mars .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 09, 2012, 08:21:07 am »

Hm, okay.

How are we planning to attack Terra, or have we abandoned that idea? Also, is it JUST Mars, or is there a possibility of settling elsewhere as well?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 09, 2012, 08:21:58 am »

Dibs on chemical weapons research - nerve agents are awesome.

What's the best war gas?
Well, I have to go with Zyklon B. First off, it sounds cool. Zyklon sounds amazing, don't you think? And it's proven to work too. I mean, it's been around since World War II and it did a pretty great job then, so it should do a pretty great job now. And we need a classic touch to our space program, so this could be it. I believe Zyklon B leaves a nice cobalt blue stain when used. Cobalt blue just screams "SPACE", don't you think? And it was made by IG Farben! The Germans! They always make good stuff.

Now, I'm not about to read 51 pages of space, but I think we need needlessly complicated death traps. I'm sure this topic has been brought up. We need things like literal swords of Damocles hanging around in orbit. Hell, here's what I'm thinking: we make colonies, right? Fill them up with people and cows and shit. Make them real big; the size of moons. Then, when somebody wants to fuck with us- BAM! We drop a colony on them, all Zeon style.

Someone looks at us funny? BAM! Colony for you.
Earth Federation all up on our shit? BAM! TWO COLONIES.
Is that a Gundam? Who cares? HERE'S A COLONY.

We need space colonies. People might die too. And cows. But whatever. BAM.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 09, 2012, 08:23:33 am »

you can settle on moon , but moon is lame .

after we will land on mars i will proceed to S.H.I.T (Space Hemp Integration Test) .

anyway , the great wrym god , you should read everything for true experience .
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:28:07 am by brainfreez »

Nyan Thousand

• Bay Watcher
  • It's exactly nyan thousand!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 09, 2012, 08:29:08 am »

Oh my God. I was reading on Zyklon B and it actually leaves a much nicer Prussian Blue residue. That's even better than Cobalt Blue! Prussian Blue is the most German of colours, and also the spaceyest.

So my vote's definitely on Zyklon B.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 09, 2012, 08:30:55 am »

i vote for radiation .
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:37:02 am by brainfreez »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 09, 2012, 08:52:35 am »

Now, I'm not about to read 51 pages of space, but I think we need needlessly complicated death traps. I'm sure this topic has been brought up. We need things like literal swords of Damocles hanging around in orbit. Hell, here's what I'm thinking: we make colonies, right? Fill them up with people and cows and shit. Make them real big; the size of moons. Then, when somebody wants to fuck with us- BAM! We drop a colony on them, all Zeon style.

Someone looks at us funny? BAM! Colony for you.
Earth Federation all up on our shit? BAM! TWO COLONIES.
Is that a Gundam? Who cares? HERE'S A COLONY.

We need space colonies. People might die too. And cows. But whatever. BAM.
Death traps? If we're using them for war and not population reduction, good idea.
Needlessly complicated? Nah, when real lives are on the line we need to stick to practicality.
Colonies? No. We can find plenty of perfectly uninhabited rocks to drop onto Earth. Or just redirect a satelite's orbit so that it hits a city, that'll screw things up big time.
Sig

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 09, 2012, 08:57:31 am »

The Germans! They always make good stuff.
Well, I'm german. We need a mad german scientist, right? I'll go all Fritz Haber on those pesky earth people.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 192