Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335656 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: How many people play DF? (Now the Bay12 Space program)
« Reply #510 on: August 06, 2012, 10:59:03 am »

Kudos to those who kept this thread on the right track while I was away.

Anyway, lets try to rerail this a little. A few of the main sticklers are
1. Human population and what to do with them.
2. Defeating the humans.
3. Soul energy.
4. Test-tube babies.
5. Government and leaders.

1. We should most certainly find a way to cripple Earth's governments by any means necessary, as none of them will like the idea of giving up their control, and I'm betting they would make trouble for us even if we did decide to leave Earth alone completely. They're assholes like that. After we succeed in this, we will be capable of dealing with the rest of Earth's inhabitants and resources in a much more peaceful and efficient manner. All we should focus on is the best way to bring about this crippling, and stealing their oil is definitely a good start to that.

The question is, just how do we plan to drink Earth's milkshake?

2. Once the governments are down, it's just a matter of getting them to stay down. If things are carried out properly, I actually doubt it would be that hard to win over a good portion of Earth's population from overthrowing their governments alone. Personally, I'd like to inherit the earth, rather than obliterate it.

3. I see no reason why we should assume that being used as an energy source would qualify as "torture" for a soul, we still have no presented evidence to suggest they can even feel pain. Remember, they're supposedly infinite. I'm not sure whether you all grasp just how much "infinite" is, but if this is true, they probably wouldn't even mind the relatively minuscule amount of energy being drained from them in the first place. It's important to keep in mind however that utilization of soul power is a long-term goal, and we will need alternatives until we can get it down to a science. Such as large reserves of stolen oil, for example.

4. Already stated plenty of reasons why our colony should be pro-test tube baby.

5. Would you like to know why I don't do elections? Because it brings the possibility of me having to accept failure. Let me make this perfectly clear:

If I put my own plans on hold to get myself hauled off to a colony on Mars, you can be damn sure I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure its' success. Regardless of who claims to be in power, or holds the superficial title of "President".
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:02:42 am by King DZA »

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 06, 2012, 11:32:32 am »

We are just talking about the same old stuff , i have seen no progress in the D.E.E.P.E.R project for a while .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 06, 2012, 11:37:08 am »

Anyway, lets try to rerail this a little. A few of the main sticklers are
1. Human population and what to do with them.
2. Defeating the humans.
3. Soul energy.
4. Test-tube babies.
5. Government and leaders.

1. Spread the gospel of the Dwarven way, those who accept are allowed into the fold, those who reject are left behind.

2. I like the control the oil solution, bombarding oil platforms and refineries with satellites would do the trick as well as weakening the satelite dependent infrastructure.  Weakening earth is the primary priority, however depending on the success of (1) we may be able to ground invade and take over some instead, which would be ideal.  Then we just ship the captured oil to our colony.

3. Have folks sign some stupid meaningless contract or term of service or something that grants us ownership of the signer's eternal soul.  If they don't read the fine print it's their own fault.

4. No opinion

5. I vote for whoever grants my request for a silver bed in my dining room.  If multiple candidates are willing, I'll probably just flip a copper.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 06, 2012, 11:48:49 am »

Bay12ers have souls
Mermaid farming.
Child Care.
Fire retardant supersoldiers.
Okay, maybe that sentence was missing a 'contrary to popular belief'
Another problem: what animals to take? I doubt that many people would be happy with a diet of hemp roast and, erm, hemp ale?
Anyway, I doubt that many people would want to leave their pets behind (or, for that matter, their families) not to mention that our biomancers need test subjects...
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 06, 2012, 11:54:24 am »

I vote we save all the cute little lizards that sit on fences and bob their heads in florida.  They are adorable.

That and cows.  Mmmm Beef.   I'm sure we'd eventually get tired of cat.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 06, 2012, 11:57:35 am »

now is our chance , we can land on mars and take over the mars base , this method won't rise any suspicion of why is there building on mars .

human created mars lab has landed on mars .

if king DZA will be the leader of the D.E.E.P.E.R , i should be the mayor of our mars base , because many of my ideas are supported by others .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 06, 2012, 12:17:25 pm »

They're onto us. My internet 'Mysteriously™' went out when trying to fire up the server last night. It's back on now. Now I can download the patches and quell the chaos.

We need to secure the SMF... this thread is too unsecure. Some guy might be reading this thread and feeding the information to the UN so they know exactly how to stop us...
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 06, 2012, 12:18:21 pm »

And dear god, please vote for Misko. DZA might be a good president but OH GOD THE PANTS.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 06, 2012, 12:18:55 pm »

I just woke up see that there were like 15 pages of more win.

Anyways, I had a dream. It involved misko. And Slenderman. With a steak knife. And the intent to cut off misko's face to turn him into a puppet/nutcracker thing. Apparently Slenderman proof glass is not what it says on the tin. I was in creative mode so I could fly.
 Anyways, my vote is for DZA. I am not for ending Earth or soul energy, but I'm strongly against leaders who actively experiment on their followers.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 06, 2012, 12:28:35 pm »

I'm back. Man I'm glad to see my efforts to keep this thread alive have succedded.

5. I vote for whoever grants my request for a silver bed in my dining room.  If multiple candidates are willing, I'll probably just flip a copper.
It shall be done. However, I wasn't talking about this quickly made, uncertainly defined presidency, I'm talking long term. My Cat is on my mouse, bug off thomas. Oh, there he goes. A system of government. As of Right now we default to the only mentioned idea, democratic oligarialism, however a contradictory ideology that may seem. I think I'm leader of DEEPER, We're talking about temporary control of the colony as a whole.

Soo, the Terran lab has landed ehh? I'm certain it will be unimportant. Perhaps we can loot it for materials and blame someone.

There has been less talk on the Biogeneering front as there have been things that require a none-eldritch answer. Animals are important, as currently all space stations are largely stocked with food from earth, which here is unfeasible. We need hardy animals and plants capable of survivng a challanging enviroment they were not made for. We need the Plump helmet real-world equivalent. Wait, can we just bring edible mushrooms? They grow on almost nothing...

I like chicken. Lets bring chicken.

EDIT:  Now I'm being murdered in dreams? what the hell? So, my platform now includes non-gold pants. I knew i would lose slayers vote, so theres that. I agree with DZA, elections must not distract from our purpose nor should they inspire division. I think I may get the votes of people who were here during the early days of the project.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 12:35:21 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 06, 2012, 12:31:28 pm »

Wait. We just watched our future enemies send down the most advanced surveying probe that's ever been on mars.

And I'm pretty sure they publish most of their findings.

Teeheehee.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 06, 2012, 12:36:59 pm »

Quote from: LA times
Curiosity is expected to revolutionize deep-space science, not only searching for indications that Mars is or was habitable, but paving the way for the next critical steps in exploration — soil-sample returns, sending astronauts to Mars, even, perhaps, colonization.
We need to move fast, THEIR STEALING OUR IDEAS.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #522 on: August 06, 2012, 12:37:57 pm »

What the fck!? Bringing animals!? NO!
We should'nt associate our ourselves with things from the world we're trying to distance us from. Here at bay12 spacebase we reinvent things. If you want a cow ask Misko. If you want a chicken ask Misko. If you want a fckn Star-nosed Mole ask Misko!
Btw I want an Elk, mmm delicious elk.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 06, 2012, 12:40:16 pm »

Out to radioshack to buy a damn VGA cable. This one just broke and I can't find my HDMI to hook up my server's monitor. I'll keep an eye out for unmarked cars following me.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 06, 2012, 12:43:23 pm »

How abou a Cow-chicken? Part cow, part chicken!

For early on life, wikipedia says:
There are several classifications for food that is sent into space:[1]
 Beverages (B) - Various rehydratable drinks.
 Fresh Foods (FF)- Foods that spoil quickly that needs to be eaten within the first two days of flight to prevent spoilage.
 Irradiated (I) Meat - Beef steak that is sterilized with ionizing radiation to keep the food from spoiling.
 Intermediate Moisture (IM) - Foods that have some moisture but not enough to cause immediate spoilage.
 Natural Form (NF) - Mostly unprocessed foods such as nuts, cookies and granola bars that are ready to eat.
 Rehydratable (R) Foods - Foods that have been dehydrated and allowed to rehydrate in hot water prior to consumption.
 Thermostabilized (T) - Foods that have been processed with heat to destroy microorganisms and enzymes that may cause spoilage.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 192