Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What execution would you prefer?

Labor camp
- 4 (20%)
List of choices (would you like to be killed by woodchipper, firing squad, gascambers...)
- 8 (40%)
Choose how to die (with restrictions, or course, no "I want to be nuked in the dining hall")
- 6 (30%)
Generic Lethal injection
- 1 (5%)
Electroshock
- 0 (0%)
Life in prison
- 0 (0%)
Other (Specify)
- 1 (5%)
No opinion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 192

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion  (Read 335169 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space program - Open discussion
« Reply #2025 on: September 21, 2012, 02:44:52 pm »

Don't forget that we're working on getting a base amount of money. Investing in expensive stuff needs a lot of money. We can do that AFTER we manage to actually get settled.

Personally, I think weapons always work.
Excellen point. To summarize, we have exactly 172 dollars, American (unless anyone else here wants to donate?). Its rather hard to take over a government on a budget of 172 dollars, even the congo. Once we have a couple thousand dollards or so, we will be able to start investing into various fields.

BTW: I am going to start restructuring our military. I should be done in a week or so. Current military members will retain a position of equal rank. In addition, other jobs will be up for grabs. Anyone may apply. Experiance useful, but not required. My plan will have flowcharts. I love flow charts. In a little bit I'll start posting job listings, so anyone new here can and should look for a position.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: September 21, 2012, 03:16:59 pm »

Incidentally, I was chatting with a few people I know from school and the topic of space came up. One of them might be able to design a spaceship, although she would of course need to be taken along.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 21, 2012, 03:41:36 pm »

Incidentally, I was chatting with a few people I know from school and the topic of space came up. One of them might be able to design a spaceship, although she would of course need to be taken along.
Designing spaceships is hard.
I still think that we'll be launching fuel separately to the payload. It would make sense.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 21, 2012, 03:44:46 pm »

Sure, by all means. We're taking everyone and anyone. However she will need a name, As I prefer not to refer to people using personal pronouns.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 21, 2012, 03:46:43 pm »

Designing spaceships is hard.
I still think that we'll be launching fuel separately to the payload. It would make sense.
I did some of the basic math and a crude design for a spaceship to Mars in the Logistics thread.  It was a 250 people spaceship, with it's own glider to land on Mars(Spaceship itself was incapable of landing). I believe the payload alone weighted more than 60.000 kg. No way we're going to bring that up at once.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 21, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »

She seemed lukewarm towards the program, I'll see what I can do to get her registered at Bay12. Obviously, I'm not going to use real names.

Ninjad: Couldn't we bring it up in pieces and assemble it in space, like we did with the ISS?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 21, 2012, 03:52:30 pm »

She seemed lukewarm towards the program, I'll see what I can do to get her registered at Bay12. Obviously, I'm not going to use real names.

Ninjad: Couldn't we bring it up in pieces and assemble it in space, like we did with the ISS?
We're in space, our ship doesn't need to make any structural sense. So yeah, better use pieces. The most powerfull operational rocket I found data on has a LEO payload of 22.000 kg. The Saturn V had a payload of 140.000 kg. (Both are to LEO, but we can lift the craft from there under it's own power.)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 21, 2012, 04:00:08 pm »

Okay, thats good. Out of curiousity, did you actually say that there is a program of forumers who are planning to conquer mars? At least she doesn't appear to know what Bay 12 is.

So, My initial investigations say that there will be a group of Generals which are each responisble for a seperate function of the armed forces. This begs the question, What sections will there be? I would think Spaceships and non-terrestrial weaponry, Defense, Ground forces, and whatever else. So basically: earth, space, and mars. Who wants to be what? TopHat will remain head of operations, i.e. Head of the military.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: September 21, 2012, 04:00:52 pm »

Cybers wars, phychological warfare, biowarfare ?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: September 21, 2012, 04:08:44 pm »

Cybers wars, phychological warfare, biowarfare ?
All of which fall under the category of either weaponry, or earth-based combat. I suppose I could allow a fourth position to include Specialforms of warfare, but then I'd need a fith, because a even number could lead to indesicion.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: September 21, 2012, 04:11:24 pm »

Okay, thats good. Out of curiousity, did you actually say that there is a program of forumers who are planning to conquer mars? At least she doesn't appear to know what Bay 12 is.
I mentioned it.

I can take the position of "sane fifth and tie-breaker. I could also lead zoological warfare.
Sig

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: September 21, 2012, 05:35:41 pm »

Dibs on airforce/space fighter force. (They're similar enugh, I guess.)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: September 21, 2012, 06:49:28 pm »

Will there be a branch similar to the USA Army Corps of Engineers? I could head something like that. Not too violent, plus engineering and possibly being in charge of terraforming.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: September 22, 2012, 02:33:59 am »

I believe that infrastructure should also be handled by the army or at least in close cooperation with it: At some point we'll be perpetually at war, and then having infrastructure set up to serve military needs will come in handy. An army corps of engineers could handle that well, I guess.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: September 22, 2012, 06:23:02 am »

Misko, we could team up, the AI seems excellent for cyber warfare.

And yeah, we really need a good design for our mars/lunar base.
We could even start up a forum game just for fun if we had a base design.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 192