Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The 365 days a DF player dreads.  (Read 16538 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The 365 days a DF player dreads.
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 02:12:18 am »

Nah, it'd probably be a cover-based third person shooter, set in the near future.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 03:11:49 am »

If EA bought the rights to this game, it'd be as if the game was just put on hold for development... I'd just play the latest version (before EA), happy with the game as is... and hope like hell they don't take down all the old versions
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 03:27:43 am »

29. When all dwarves require cutlery, combs and coins.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 05:09:19 am »

25.  Weather.  And an intense tornado destroying a fort.
This is actually getting implemented. Actually, a lot of the things listed here are actually planned for by the Great.

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2012, 05:56:46 am »

30 - The day Dwarf Fortress becomes a "casual" game.
31 - The day development must be ceased due to only the high-end computers being able to process the required amount of information.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2012, 06:16:10 am »

Dwarf Fortress is pretty casual as it is. Once you get over the flurry of just starting a fort, its not entirely taxing to play.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2012, 06:33:09 am »

Dwarf Fortress is pretty casual as it is. Once you get over the flurry of just starting a fort, its not entirely taxing to play.

I knew someone would say it, that's why I put it into quotation marks.

Do you seriously think an ASCII rogue-like game without ANY user-friendly interface whatsoever is casual? Well, no, sir. It is not casual. Casual implies getting the game and playing it without any needs for tutorials or menus exploration. It also implies an in-game tutorial.
Anything else is not casual. Also, there are many categories inbetween casual and hardcore.
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 07:50:49 am »

32: The day Dwarf Fortress becomes sapient.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 08:30:47 am »

Reviews;

Critic reviews;
"I really love the amout of gemstones that you implimented, and how they all have unique status boosts! I also really like the story, how you are Sankis looking for your lost father! The characters develop perfectly and you get very attached to some characters" 9/10

"I love all the levels, and how immersive they are! I especialy like the  mines of exacubar level. Another thing i approve of is the progression system, its so slick to choose your skills when you level up!" 10/10

"I love the destructable enviroment, how your comabt effects the enviroment around you, depending on the items you have equiped and the gem-boosts you have! The AI is wonderful aswell, how the goblins will attack you in different ways depending on the amout of goblins and the size of your party!" 9.5/10

User reviews;
"Fuck"0/10

"This"0/10

"Game" 0/10

The sad part is they would actuly do this.
Eh? I don't get it.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:51 am »

Reviews;

Critic reviews;
"I really love the amout of gemstones that you implimented, and how they all have unique status boosts! I also really like the story, how you are Sankis looking for your lost father! The characters develop perfectly and you get very attached to some characters" 9/10

"I love all the levels, and how immersive they are! I especialy like the  mines of exacubar level. Another thing i approve of is the progression system, its so slick to choose your skills when you level up!" 10/10

"I love the destructable enviroment, how your comabt effects the enviroment around you, depending on the items you have equiped and the gem-boosts you have! The AI is wonderful aswell, how the goblins will attack you in different ways depending on the amout of goblins and the size of your party!" 9.5/10

User reviews;
"Fuck"0/10

"This"0/10

"Game" 0/10

Eh? I don't get it.

The critics are all biased from what the quality of the game actually is.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2012, 08:37:28 am »

Reviews;

Critic reviews;

User reviews;
"Fuck"0/10

"This"0/10

"Game" 0/10

Eh? I don't get it.

He was referring to what would happen if the rights to the game were sold out to EA... Current players would hate it, but the critical reviews would love it for the typical EA game it will become
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2012, 09:04:56 am »

3. The day the HFS gets ahold of a copper pick.

7. Or the day goblin invaders learn how to dig. Imagine how the map would look after 20 years of sieges...

Basic theoretical preparations have been made for this eventuality

That is very good to know, might come in handy one day.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2012, 02:38:59 pm »

7. Or the day goblin invaders learn how to dig. Imagine how the map would look after 20 years of sieges...

Seeing as how Toady already has buildings being destroyed in world gen, and is approaching the point where he has that happen during gameplay, I think we're going to need ThatAussieGuy's preparation sooner than we think.

33. The day when not only invaders can dig, but aquatic, magmaproof, or flying enemies can as well.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 09:28:13 pm by Mistercheif »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2012, 07:05:57 pm »

Seeing as how Toady already has buildings being destroyed in world gen, and is approaching the point where he has that happen during gameplay, I think we're going to need ThatAussieGuy's preparation sooner than we think.

32. The day when not only invaders can dig, but aquatic, magmaproof, or flying enemies can as well.
He also created a version which casts the digger in obsidian
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Sabreur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2012, 08:51:37 pm »

32: The day Dwarf Fortress becomes sapient.

Toady isn't actually a developer.  He's just trying to warn us without blowing his cover.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6