Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The 365 days a DF player dreads.  (Read 16540 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: The 365 days a DF player dreads.
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 09:35:38 pm »

20. The day size matters.

18. The day dwarves are unwilling to lend their lives to the cause of a magma-spewing phallus (not that I'm building one, but I like having the option open)

We all built a penis shaped contraption in Dwarf Fortress at some point.
It is just too hillarious to pass up on seeing goblins lay siege to your penis fort entrance.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 09:50:25 pm »

21. The day Toady starts modelling sex organs.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »

21. The day Toady starts modelling sex organs.
But at least the dwarfs will be too busy to pick up the sock at the entrance.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 09:54:36 pm »

3. The day the HFS gets ahold of a copper pick.

7. Or the day goblin invaders learn how to dig. Imagine how the map would look after 20 years of sieges...

Basic theoretical preparations have been made for this eventuality

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 09:57:28 pm »

22. The day HFS becomes immune to obsidian-encasing.
My wooden badge was delicious.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 09:58:46 pm »

23.  Building-Destroyers can break constructed walls and floors

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 10:44:16 pm »

24 (silly).  The goblins invent the atom bomb.  It is weaponized by the dwarves to use against the goblins within the hour.
25.  Weather.  And an intense tornado destroying a fort.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 11:08:25 pm »

26. Economy.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 11:09:10 pm »

27;The day EA buys the rights to Dwarf Fortress. Im pretty sure there was a thread about this at one point but i cant find it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:32:34 pm by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 11:19:02 pm »

27; 18; The day EA buys the rights to Dwarf Fortress. Im pretty sure there was a thread about this at one point but i cant find it.

Nonononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »

27; 18; The day EA buys the rights to Dwarf Fortress. Im pretty sure there was a thread about this at one point but i cant find it.

People, we now have a designated 'Friday the 13' for the calander of 'The crappiest year for Dwarf Fortress in the history of man'.
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

LordFerrok

• Bay Watcher
  • Deranged raving lunatic with delusions of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2012, 11:34:25 pm »

27;The day EA buys the rights to Dwarf Fortress. Im pretty sure there was a thread about this at one point but i cant find it.

stand under magma vent, pull lever

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2012, 12:01:41 am »

28. And creates a Free To Pay Play version.

"You get 1 free in-game month per day, but you can purchase additional in-game months for only 200 urists each."

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2012, 12:08:54 am »

28. And creates a Free To Pay Play version.

"You get 1 free in-game month per day, but you can purchase additional in-game months for only 200 urists each."

I'm sorry, you do not seem to have enough Uristsnto complete this purchase. If you would like to gain more urists, you must go to the local store and buy a 1600 Urist card for a mere $49.99*. Or you can pay right now with you Visa or Mastercard foe no extra cost!

*With the purchase of an EA member card. Becoming a member costs $30 initially and requires a monthly pay of $15. Without a Membership card, it instead costs $59.99.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:11:08 am by Orky_Boss »
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2012, 12:17:53 am »

Reviews;

Critic reviews;
"I really love the amout of gemstones that you implimented, and how they all have unique status boosts! I also really like the story, how you are Sankis looking for your lost father! The characters develop perfectly and you get very attached to some characters" 9/10

"I love all the levels, and how immersive they are! I especialy like the  mines of exacubar level. Another thing i approve of is the progression system, its so slick to choose your skills when you level up!" 10/10

"I love the destructable enviroment, how your comabt effects the enviroment around you, depending on the items you have equiped and the gem-boosts you have! The AI is wonderful aswell, how the goblins will attack you in different ways depending on the amout of goblins and the size of your party!" 9.5/10

User reviews;
"Fuck"0/10

"This"0/10

"Game" 0/10

The sad part is they would actuly do this.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:21:27 am by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6