Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Urist Awards  (Read 933 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
The Urist Awards
« on: July 17, 2012, 03:59:51 pm »

Some time ago, I forget on which thread, somebody suggested a sort of !!SCIENCE!! award thing. I am going to create this. We will have three categories: Academic (Crashing two candy carts filled with slade together), Practical (Building a better mousetrapGoblin Melter) and Megaprojects ( like Bloodbeard's word processor). Please nominate previous science projects, or post your own. Nominations will close at 3:00 PM American Central Time tomorrow. I will put up a poll shortly after that. Voting will continue for ten days, because I will be gone for that time. If you make a project, create a thread and post your screenshots there. Then post a link here. If you know anyone who has a cool megaproject, tell them about this thread.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
Re: The Urist Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 04:34:54 pm »

Practical: ThatAussieGuy's checkerboard.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 06:13:07 pm »

Practical: EliDupree's adamantine factory and the subsequent improvement utilizing coins.
(Does it matter that part of that was my idea?)
Practical: Smirk's Kobold Cooker
Practical: The improved magma pumpstack.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 06:59:10 pm »

Some time ago, I forget on which thread, somebody suggested a sort of !!SCIENCE!! award thing. I am going to create this. We will have three categories...
Or the nobel prize for !!SCIENCE!!. DS, Sphalerite, Girlinhat..Aussie. We will let you know when we accept you as part of our all knowing overlords. ALL HAIL THE !!SCIENTISTS!!
We do need a award for !!SCIENCE!!, Seriously, and
The nobel prize stays in sweden. The McUrist is awarded for ultimate dwarfdom.
The Urist is a great name. Seriously, someone make this.I wont even claim credit. Categories could be, uh, i dont know. At least three given out yearly. I demand this be a thing. Someone make a thread.
Credit can be split. Will the award be a *Golden Figurine(of Socks)*?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 08:09:48 pm »

Sorry for not posting for a while. I can't stay on for long, so I won't update for your ideas yet.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?