Yes! We need help!
- 1 (7.7%)
No Hints, please, I'd rather figure it out on my own
- 4 (30.8%)
Other
- 2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Clansmen - Clan Nac Mac Feegle - Year 2 - Autumn  (Read 24140 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Clansmen - Clan Nac Mac Feegle - Year 1 - Spring
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2012, 11:39:30 am »

Ah, ok. Think of the black areas as the Table we're playing the game on. They're nothing. I can put down more tiles if we need them.
How do you determine whether we need more tiles?

You get a single action at a time. Do you want to Hunt first or Explore first?
Hunt, then Explore. In future (and now, but I forgot to clarify) I'll type the actions in the order in which I would like to do them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2012, 11:50:06 am »

Ah, ok. Think of the black areas as the Table we're playing the game on. They're nothing. I can put down more tiles if we need them.
How do you determine whether we need more tiles?

You get a single action at a time. Do you want to Hunt first or Explore first?
Hunt, then Explore. In future (and now, but I forgot to clarify) I'll type the actions in the order in which I would like to do them.

If someone wants to explore past where we're at, and there aren't any tiles down that would be a decent substitute, you guys can ask me to add them.

By the way, you can only go away from your starting Hills spot, not back past it. (You can only go Down right now, if that makes sense).

Ok, Good to know.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2012, 12:02:29 pm »

But why not start us in the middle of the map?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2012, 12:04:04 pm »

I think the idea is we're exploring a frontier.  What is behind us is already cultivated/used land for the "homeland."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2012, 12:06:21 pm »

I think the idea is we're exploring a frontier.  What is behind us is already cultivated/used land for the "homeland."

That is correct.

I will probably play around with different configurations at some point, but this is the simplest set up so I'm testing with it first.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2012, 12:09:50 pm »

Well, at the very least it seems discriminatory against people starting in the corners, since they have less ways to explore. I suggest making a group of maybe 7 (one center+6 surrounding) tiles your homeland and start players around this group of tiles, allowing them to expand outward indefinitely.

Yes, I absolutely HATE any kind of map borders.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2012, 12:11:15 pm »

I'd like to Explore the tile due south of me.  (Basically, the tile Dariush explored relative to my position.)

Also, I'm interested in trading for wood- have food to offer.

Meph:  When trading with the homeland, can you trade one kind of resource for another?  If so, what are the exchange rates?

Well, at the very least it seems discriminatory against people starting in the corners, since they have less ways to explore. I suggest making a group of maybe 7 (one center+6 surrounding) tiles your homeland and start players around this group of tiles, allowing them to expand outward indefinitely.

That or add another column of tiles on each side.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2012, 12:15:23 pm »

Well, they can explore sideways a bit, just not up.

In any case it probably won't be an issue. While some exploration is necessary, you won't be doing it so often that the current limitations are going to cause any problems.

Meph:  When trading with the homeland, can you trade one kind of resource for another?  If so, what are the exchange rates?

Resources can be traded at a 1:1 ratio. Basically, it's 1 for 1 of anything except Goods, which take 2 of any other resource/food to get. I'll have to update that section.
Come play Mafia with us!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2012, 02:22:36 pm »

Hunt the good hunt!

Also, if I were to trade with Toaster up there, would that count as an action, hypothetically?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2012, 02:24:49 pm »

That's a good question- Trade is listed as an action, regardless of with the homeland or another player, but if you trade with another player, who spends an action?  Both players or just one?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2012, 02:33:29 pm »

That's a good question- Trade is listed as an action, regardless of with the homeland or another player, but if you trade with another player, who spends an action?  Both players or just one?

One player has to spend the Action. Usually the question of who spends the action is part of the negotiation. For example, on Sunday I did a trade with another player of 1 Food & 2 Wood from me for 2 Stone from him, since he was going to spend the action on the trade.
Come play Mafia with us!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2012, 05:12:36 pm »

I would like to explore the tile directly to the right of my bottom population.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2012, 06:41:39 pm »

Suggestion Meph: give the hexes numbers. I know its a bit useless if your playing a physical version, but its going to become necessary for this specific game.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2012, 06:42:21 pm »

Suggestion Meph: give the hexes numbers. I know its a bit useless if your playing a physical version, but its going to become necessary for this specific game.

Probably not a bad idea. I'll see about updating the map to include some sort of grid function.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2012, 10:00:04 pm »

Exploration Update

Dariush: Your exploration has revealed a Swamp

I'd like to Explore the tile due south of me.  (Basically, the tile Dariush explored relative to my position.)

You have revealed a Mountain.

I would like to explore the tile directly to the right of my bottom population.

You have revealed a Forest.

Map is being updated, and since all actions are in I'll be closing out Spring and starting up Summer in my next post.

By the way, I find that the King of Dragon Pass Soundtrack puts me in an excellent frame of mind while playing this game.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17